• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eating Pizza without dipping sauce? How do youse guys do it !!!

Klocker

if you need dipping sauce then you are eating that standard crap pizza that does not put enough flavorful tomato sauce on it (cheap) and or they don't use good quality flavored cheeses or dough

Zackat

I will dunk the fast food pizzas in something, maybe.

But a real slice?
scust.png

yyr

Buy better pizza.

First post nails it.

Truly good pizza doesn't need dip, or even toppings. Then again, I live a half hour from NYC, so I have plenty of great choices. I feel bad for people who can only choose from chain stores or other mediocre locations.

Prax

I don't understand. Why not eat the rest of the slice and leave the dry crust then? You don't need dip for the topping'd part...

241 Pizza is pretty much my favourite cheap chain brand of Canadian pizza.

snap

Banned
I've gotten garlic dipping sauce with Domino's a few times in order to hit $10 for their rewards program. I have to admit, dipping the slices in that tasted real nice. But it also made me feel like a fatass, taking this incredibly unhealthy pizza and making it even more horrid for my health. So I couldn't imagine doing it outside of the occasional splurge.

Edit: also, I couldn't imagine dipping high quality pizza into a dip, hell even Hungry Howie's is too good on its own to spoil with a dip.

snap

Banned
What the hell

Pizza isn't tortilla chips. Get better tomato sauce.

not so much the tomato sauce as getting the opportunity to take a low quality pizza slice and make it even worse
better
by dipping it into a butter-based garlic sauce. you're not doing it to make the pizza taste different, you're doing it to get more fat on a single slice of pizza so that you can shove it in your mouth and feel as terrible as possible.

No place that would sell a $40 pizza would even come with a dip.

Nah people like dips with breadsticks. If they had dips for breadsticks, you can get dips for your pizza.

40 bucks for a pizza?! Does it come with a foot massage too?

Like, support local business and all, but there are some places near me that do $40 pizzas once all is said and done... and are really only fast food pizza tier. Most of those places are kept afloat by freshmen wanting to try stuff they've never had before.

Trident

Loaded With Aspartame
I've never seen pizza dipping sauce, but I don't really see how this is any different from "meat lovers" pizzas or whatever, where the toppings completely overwhelm the pie.

mrkgoo

WHat is this.

Dip for pizza?

I mean I like pineapple on pizza but dip?!

I don't even like those pizzas with swirls of sauce on them wtf.

Good pizza with good ingredients pleas.

Unless you're eating cheap frozen pizza or little Caesars you don't need any dipping sauce. Being a broke ass college student can be humbling at times. I miss good pizza.

nel e nel

Yea many people think nyc style pizza is the type with the cheddar cheese and tomato sauce type. And while they are the most popular, many good shops also make the old school style pizza with mozarella, and margaretta sauce.

This place is just down the block from me in brooklyn

9M6A0198-e1497204231507.jpg

Im sorry, but what fucking places in NYC use cheddar cheese? Even the shittiest of dollar slice joints use mozzarella.

wbEMX

What the fuck? That's legit the first time I ever heard of people who use dipping sauce for pizza. That's blasphemy, you know.

HardRojo

40 bucks for a pizza?! Does it come with a foot massage too?
When I was in the US a few years ago I stayed in Vermont for about 4 months, there was this pizza place called Pizza Jerks (IIRC) and 2 pizzas would set you back about $60, but it was totally fucking worth it, I probably ate there 8 times during those 4 months. I was also in NYC and I fucking hate myself for not trying any of the go-to pizza places :(

I just had some pasta and I'm seriously considering ordering some pizza lol.

i feel bad for people who have to eat chain pizza with dipping sauce

come to nyc for a real slice

i have a hard time believing anybody HAS to eat shitty chain pizza like Pizza Pizza anymore, it's just a choice and/or laziness.

even here in Vic we have proper fucking pizza options EVERYWHERE, no need to fly to NYC.

[but yeah, there's an incredible amount of great pizza options in NYC, and as such you are making me long for a trip to the city again]

vivftp

I knew I had an old Pizza Pizza pic around somewhere. I present to you a chicken, pineapple and extra cheese pizza with a BBQ base. Of course I enjoyed it with jalapeno cheddar dipping sauce.

AntoneM

So 1 writer from the nytimes disagrees means NYC disagrees?

The point was that great to amazing pizza isn't only found in coastal cities... damn, NYC people are sensitive as fuck about their pizza. God forbid somewhere else have at least one better pizza spot than the 2 dollar slice store a block away for your home.

Next time I'm in NYC I'm going to shit all over its burritos and tacos, despite how good they might be, because no city outside of the SW US can have one single restaurant that has a better burrito or taco than the 24 hour places out here.

Top Bottom