• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eating Pizza without dipping sauce? How do youse guys do it !!!

Dr.Acula

Banned
Pizza Pizza is such trash that putting salad dressing on it is an improvement, think about that. The only dipping sauce is a side of pizza sauce.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Italian, or based in Italian cuisine?
I'm just wondering because I've never seen it, and I visited Italy a bunch in the past.
What's it called?

And yeah. No matter how good, that's as much pizza as a piece of round focaccia with tomato and mozarella.

I was being facetious, it's just deep dish pizza. Couldn't really tell you about it's Italian bonafides, but I know it's huge in parts of the US. It certainly has its place, but it's not what I think of when I want pizza.

Sarcasm

Here I am remembering when I first had done with pizza.

It was in Canada whole I was on vacation. I found it weird. They questioned my weirdness about it to as they could sense it heh.

This thread made me decide to get pizza for lunch. Got some nice four cheese cream salad dressing for a dip dip

137593505136.jpg

I'll never understand why some people get so worked up about how others enjoy their food (Like this and steaks and such). Eat more complain less! :3

GhaleonEB

My wife and I like garlic dipping sauce, but that's for low-tier, national chain type pizza where the crust isn't very good.

As post #2 put it, good pizza doesn't need it. I'd argue it actually subtracts from a well made pizza.

Other than buffalo chicken pizza + bleu cheese or dill, I've never felt a need to dip pizza in any sauce...

But then seeing 'Pizza Pizza' (Little Caesars?) cleared it up. If your pizza comes with garlic sauce or other salad dressings, then you can rest assured that pizza is flavorless and so they're packing that shit with it to make up for it.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Relocated to Texas from Western NY (Buffalo Area) in late 2015 and while Texas has it going on for BBQ, hands down, the pizza here from the several places i've tried is downright laughable. Everything here is paper thin, and the toppings lack as does the sauce. The closest thing i've found to back home pizza is Papa Murphys of all places.

This pizza here is from a place back home called Francos.....perfect crust (not too thin, not overwhelmingly thick), melty bubbly cheese with the perfect amount of sauce underneath, and just the right amount of toppings per slice.

img-20170630-204243-largejpg.jpg

As far as dipping pizza is concerned, it should only be an enhancement to give the pizza an extra boost of flavor. Blue cheese is the best for pizza dipping, hands down. Everyone here also always does ranch to dip their pizza and wings in. I like ranch too, but blue cheese is always the staple for dipping pizza lol

This looks amazing, easily the best looking pizza in this thread.

Again, New Haven apizza eateries among the famous 3 I've mentioned actually have been rated top pizza in the entire world. Locals (and I) will tell you that Modern is the best of the 3 (though they are all the classic New Haven Apizza style and all extremely good). These pizzerias are actually some of the oldest in the US. They are the literal forefathers of pizza of the Italian American community at large.

That is how legit this pizza is.

https://www.eater.com/2014/3/18/6264277/the-definitive-guide-to-new-haven-pizza

https://www.eater.com/maps/best-new-haven-pizzeria-connecticut

https://www.thrillist.com/eat/nation/new-haven-pizza-guide-pepe-s-sally-s-modern-apizza-and-more

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/10/22/new-haven-pizza-named-best-in-america/

https://www.cnbc.com/2015/10/01/mama-mia-americas-best-pizza.html

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/destinations/2013/11/30/best-pizza-in-america/3785309/

As far as dipping pizza is concerned, it should only be an enhancement to give the pizza an extra boost of flavor.

Thanks for clarifying. There was always the slim possibility in my mind that there might be some other reason why people dipped pizza. Some obscure religious ritual involving a pizza used for anointing acolytes, or something.
Not really.

Kuhn

Thanks God for Argentinian Pizza, is the best pizza next to the real Italian Pizza for people who lives in South America.
Gratzie Italy for this and the lasagna <3

TAgOnaN.jpg

qys589z.jpg

b6tS7gW.jpg

After re-visiting this thread many times over the past few days, and re-reading the OP [and his subsequent posts], I 100% believe this was a troll / tag-seeking thread.

There, I said it.

[nobody's this stupid, I figured you out OP]

edit: and sorry Chicago, you can't call that stuff pizza [quiche maybe? a tart? it's just not even pizza - and yes i've been there and tried it many times]

Roubjon

I'm wondering if the people who think its gross to dip your pizza in something would think it's gross if that same ingredient was on the pizza itself? I see pizza with ranch or bbq sauce on it all the time.

JWiLL

Banned
The worst part of the OP is that Pizza Pizza doesn't even have the best dip in Canada, that would be Pizza Nova's Garlic Parmesan.

Pizza Nova is quite good and doesn't need the dip, but garlic dip is great for crusts.

I'm wondering if the people who think its gross to dip your pizza in something would think it's gross if that same ingredient was on the pizza itself? I see pizza with ranch or bbq sauce on it all the time.

Crappy pizza, crappy ingredients.

Condiment+ Pizza GAF reporting in. I
add condiments to pizza too, BBQ, Ketchup, Thai sweet chilli and burger sauce

Do you kiss your dear white-haired old mother with that mouth?

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Relocated to Texas from Western NY (Buffalo Area) in late 2015 and while Texas has it going on for BBQ, hands down, the pizza here from the several places i've tried is downright laughable. Everything here is paper thin, and the toppings lack as does the sauce. The closest thing i've found to back home pizza is Papa Murphys of all places.

This pizza here is from a place back home called Francos.....perfect crust (not too thin, not overwhelmingly thick), melty bubbly cheese with the perfect amount of sauce underneath, and just the right amount of toppings per slice.

img-20170630-204243-largejpg.jpg

As far as dipping pizza is concerned, it should only be an enhancement to give the pizza an extra boost of flavor. Blue cheese is the best for pizza dipping, hands down. Everyone here also always does ranch to dip their pizza and wings in. I like ranch too, but blue cheese is always the staple for dipping pizza lol

Where in Texas? Generally I agree with you, but in the Austin area there area there are a couple of good places.

farisr

I only need it for the crust (and always have ketchup at home so that's not a problem) and even then can get by without any if it's a fresh pizza. The actual part of the pizza with the sauce, cheese, toppings etc I do not use dipping sauces for at all as I find it ruins the flavor almost every time.

Wood Man

My wife and I like garlic dipping sauce, but that's for low-tier, national chain type pizza where the crust isn't very good.

As post #2 put it, good pizza doesn't need it. I'd argue it actually subtracts from a well made pizza.

Same here. I like the garlic dip for the crust when It come to cheap pizza like Papa Johns or Pizza Hut. Sometimes they have good deals and I don't mind a low-class pizza every now and then.

A good pizza wouldn't need it.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I've eaten pizzas you people wouldn't believe.
Fresh cheese slices from the heart of Brooklyn.
I've tried Frank Pepe in the darkness of Newhaven, CT.
All those flavors will be lost in the sauce, like farts in the wind
Time to dip

Top Bottom