• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eating Pizza without dipping sauce? How do youse guys do it !!!

cameron

Bland crust with flavourless cheese is Pizza Pizza's signature taste. Dipping sauce is needed not just for the end crust, but for every bite. Rivaling joints like Pizza Nova and 241 Pizza are a bit more edible without dipping sauce.

Also:
6eC6Lnz.png

I think some sauce after you finish the actual slice for the crust isn't a bad thing, even non chain quality pizza can have a bland to semi bland crust, but then again they don't give you a dipping sauce as a general rule.
Now that being said the garlic sauce papa John's includes is good enough, no reason to pay extra imho

Kayhan

I google image searched 'pizza dipping sauce' and this was the first result

Pizza-and-Dips.jpg

Look at that sad ass frozen "pizza" thing. Says it all really.

Also, Ranch dressing. On pizza.

Pizza with garlic dipping sauce is god tier pizza. You don't think a hotdog is inferior because it tastes better with mustard on it, so you shouldn't think a pizza is bad because it tastes better with dip.

The difference is, pizza already has sauce on the base. It really isn't lacking in sauce as is. Not that I have an issue with using dipping sauce, or deny that it could enhance flavour.

But... Is this a uniquely american thing? Can't say I have ever seen anyone use pizza dipping sauce in Australia.

BaasRed

Banned
Dip is fine, dont have it usually though. Only time I did have it was in Papa John's (garlic butter I think). Otherwise I just eat pies from Pizzaro.

Pizza Pizza is the worst pizza chain in Canada, which is why their gimmick are the dips and "gourmet" style pizzas.

Their dips aren't even that great to begin with. A great pizza, American or Italian, doesn't need dip.

Best wishes.

I feel like if it's even possible to dip a pizza it must be a bad pizza.
Like it'd need to have a thick crust with minimal toppings to even make the manoeuvre.

Figgles

This thread should be locked, and the dippers banned. Stop eating shitty chain pizza, and you won’t need to dip it in anything.

I always eat a piece of pizza crust first. I always eat my least favourite part of something first. Like eating the salad that comes with a chicken parmigiana.

People do look at me like I'm weird for doing it sometimes, but I don't care.

Kayhan

I always eat a piece of pizza crust first. I always eat my least favourite part of something first. Like eating the salad that comes with a chicken parmigiana.

People do look at me like I'm weird for doing it sometimes, but I don't care.
But the crust is the best part of quality pizza.

MicH

Pizza with a drizzle of creme fraiche dressing is amazing! Never dip, I love the crust the way it is.

EDIT: This is the shit I'm talking about:

Sauce on the Pizza is a very common thing here in Sweden actually.

Kebab sauce and bearnaise sauce being the most popular by a mile.

Kebab pizza with the sauce
kebab-pizza.jpg

Steak pizza with bearnaise sauce
355710_78107496.jpg

So fucking good.

I just don't get it how. Just this morning, I threw away 2 slice of left over pizza because I had no dip. I just can't get myself eat pizza without that delicious Creamy Garlic or Chedder Jalapeno.

Pizza Pizza has the best dip

Wtf is dipping sauce, pizza is pizza.

Sauce on the Pizza is a very common thing here in Sweden actually.

Kebab sauce and bearnaise sauce being the most popular by a mile.

Kebab pizza with the sauce
kebab-pizza.jpg

Steak pizza with bearnaise sauce
355710_78107496.jpg

Not gonna lie, that top one looks amazing.

But I think I'd rather just have kebab

PaulloDEC

There's so many reaction gifs I wanna use here, but I guess I just gotta choose one.

Hey OP:

jk5c.gif

If you need to dip your pizza in something, there's something wrong with your pizza.

Braag

This is the first time I've heard of people eating dipping sauce with their pizza.

And I have had a lot of Pizza..

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
Ranch dressing is the baby's first dressing of the salad world.

So that should tell you something about the ones would must dip their pizza to achieve taste-bud bliss.

Kisaya

Never had to dip my pizza except for dunking the crust in marinara or garlic sauce (these are drunk situations).

Klotera

I went most of my life without realizing that dipping pizza in ranch was a thing for some people. Literally. I never heard of it until I was over 30. No one I knew had done it (and now, it's still stands at only one person I know).

I wouldn't even dip a mediocre pizza.

Now, some marinara for the crust when you're done with the main part would be okay. It's essentially a breadstick at that point.

Top Bottom