• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eating Pizza without dipping sauce? How do youse guys do it !!!

Is OP from the midwest? I had a boss from Michigan who couldn't stop going on about how he missed pizza with flavored crusts. Is this something similar?

Good pizza doesn't require a dip. That said, if you have some garlic butter dipping sauce, you can certainly make a mediocre pizza good.

Is OP from the midwest? I had a boss from Michigan who couldn't stop going on about how he missed pizza with flavored crusts. Is this something similar?

Midwest? Wha? Flavor crusts are everywhere in the US. Don't know a single big chain that doesn't offer at least garlic butter flavored crusts.

I just don't get it how. Just this morning, I threw away 2 slice of left over pizza because I had no dip. I just can't get myself eat pizza without that delicious Creamy Garlic or Chedder Jalapeno.

Pizza Pizza has the best dip

Then you are eating shitty pizza.

Faiz

I'm fine with someone dipping their crust into something, it's basically breadsticks. But if you take a fully loaded slice of pizza and dip it in ranch dressing, you're a pig-monster.

(If the pizza was mediocre I might also dabble in being a pig-monster.)

And as has been pointed out, though it seems to bear repeating, that's what these sauces are included for.

It's hard to blame some though, I remember getting Papa Johns with some people in high school, one guy immediately grabbed the garlic butter and poured like half the cup on his slice. Everyone was like "um wtf man".

A whole pizza comes with a tiny little cup. Because it's not for putting on your pizza it's for the big ass piece of crust left over.

if you're dipping your pizza into sauce, the pizza is too thick and may be a casserole or something like that.

fast food pizza chains? Yeah go ahead and dip the crust. I personally like crusts without dipping but if I hjad any extra marinara from anything else we bought with the pizza, I'll use that.

Is this the bit where we discuss whether Canadians also applaud the pizza in between dips? It seems only fair after the uncommon restraint shown in this thread in refraining from poutine jokes.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
God damn I am so upset at this thread

I just don't get it how. Just this morning, I threw away 2 slice of left over pizza because I had no dip. I just can't get myself eat pizza without that delicious Creamy Garlic or Chedder Jalapeno.

Pizza Pizza has the best dip

Pizza Pizza also has the absolute worst pizza known to man.

Also, go check the nutrition information on those dips. You’ll probably think twice before ever having one again.

Nazo

As much as I don't like the idea of dipping sauce for pizza, at least you aren't putting ranch dressing on your pizza OP.

That shit is one of the most vile things I've ever seen someone do to a pizza.

jstripes

Banned
As much as I don't like the idea of dipping sauce for pizza, at least you aren't putting ranch dressing on your pizza OP.

That shit is one of the most vile things I've ever seen someone do to a pizza.

There's a hole in the wall pizza place nearby that has a thin crust ranch and bacon pizza, and it is godly.

PblOWx1.jpg

There's a few places here that put spices and things on the edge of the crust so that when you've finished up the pie, you've got a delicious bread stick to finish the piece. Hungry Howie's is pretty great for that, the Cajun spice is the best.

As for sauce: if you can't enjoy pizza without sauce, stop buying shitty pizza.

(Also who throws out cold pizza? Reheat it in a dry pan the next morning and put a fried egg on top, breakfast of champions.)

There's a few places here that put spices and things on the edge of the crust so that when you've finished up the pie, you've got a delicious bread stick to finish the piece. Hungry Howie's is pretty great for that, the Cajun spice is the best.

As for sauce: if you can't enjoy pizza without sauce, stop buying shitty pizza.

(Also who throws out cold pizza? Reheat it in a dry pan the next morning and put a fried egg on top, breakfast of champions.)

Hungry Howie's was the exact chain he mentioned. I can't say I'm particularly tempted. I've never thought the pizza crust was bland or in need of seasoning at the places I go to.

Hungry Howie's was the exact chain he mentioned. I can't say I'm particularly tempted. I've never thought the pizza crust was bland or in need of seasoning at the places I go to.

It's not so much that the crust needs the seasoning, it just happens to taste really good. I normally prefer a traditional crust, otherwise your fingers get all covered in seasoning. Not that that's a bad thing. :3

Top Bottom