• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eating Pizza without dipping sauce? How do youse guys do it !!!

D-Pad

c079f51618ab312417cd80b315405462.jpg

North America collectively apologizes for this mess

to be fair, Papa Johns also sells chicken nuggets and wings which most of those sauces are intended to accompany

As an italian I admit I enjoyed putting garlic cream on my pizza when I was in Poland. But it's something I don't feel like doing again.

Consumer

Canada has terrible pizza confirmed.

And you don't get to claim it was good while throwing it away.
No one says "I threw away this bag of $20 bills because it didn't have gold in it." Sure, it would be better with gold, but you're not going to throw away a bag of $20 bills, because the bag of $20 bills is still good.

Stupid analogy, I know, just the first thing that came to mind.
The point is, if you're throwing away pizza just because you don't have dip, then that speaks terribly about the pizza.

if more places delivered then I'd rarely get pizza, but we don't have Uber Eats or anything.. I used an obscure delivery service to order McDonalds couple months ago, but I ultimately paid $20 just for a fuckin combo

if more places delivered then I'd rarely get pizza, but we don't have Uber Eats or anything.. I used an obscure delivery service to order McDonalds couple months ago, but I ultimately paid $20 just for a fuckin combo

I don't have Uber Eats either.
And I don't use delivery services much.
Nor do I drive.
I just live within walking distance of decent places to eat.

P.S. I wouldn't eat most food from McDonald's if you paid me.

I just don't get it how. Just this morning, I threw away 2 slice of left over pizza because I had no dip. I just can't get myself eat pizza without that delicious Creamy Garlic or Chedder Jalapeno.

Pizza Pizza has the best dip

Don’t buy Little Caesar’s pizza and you won’t have to dip it in stuff.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
The best pizza I ever had was at Rockbottom Brewery that had thousand island dressing drizzled over beef brisket and crispy onion.

I guess that doesn’t count as it’s by design.

The only way I can eat Papa Johns pizza is with the garlic sauce.

Like many in this thread, I turned my nose up to dipping sauce until I tried Papa Johns garlic sauce. Now I'm trying to find out where I can buy it in bulk. I've dipped many varieties of pizza in that sauce and never once has it made the pizza taste worse.

OP is like the guy I used to know that put ketchup on his pizza.

I was out with a group of people from Thailand a couple of months ago, and they all put ketchup and mustard on pizza. It was strange to me, to say the least.

Like many in this thread, I turned my nose up to dipping sauce until I tried Papa Johns garlic sauce. Now I'm trying to find out where I can buy it in bulk. I've dipped many varieties of pizza in that sauce and never once has it made the pizza taste worse.

There's a difference between "not making the pizza taste worse" and "throwing away pizza if you don't have it."

Lagamorph

OP is like the guy I used to know that put ketchup on his pizza.
I had to do that in a restaurant once, but only because the place were so stingy with the sauce on the pizza that it was practically just cheese bread. They'd put maybe a desert spoons worth (at absolute most) of sauce onto a 12" pizza.

Grow up you baby eater.
What? Crusts are just plain and almost flavourless without sauce.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Pizza consists of a nice full tomato sauce and creamy mozzarella. Then you can add stuff to enhance the flavour. No way in hell you dip that is any kind of dip. That’s sacrilege. I think this is the conflict that will unite the two fronts of the pineapple wars.

Wegelius

Neo Member
I can see dipping the crust, but I can't see my self dipping the rest of the pizza unless I hated it, it would overwhelm the rest of the pizza.

muteki

I like extra sauce for my pizza but it is usually whatever marinara is left over from breadsticks. I suppose I could just ask for extra sauce on the pizza, but it also would go to waste otherwise.

Every pizza takeaway in England has garlic and chilli sauce; the garlic isn't an oil though it's creamy and delicious.

Honestly no matter how good the pizza I miss garlic sauce if there isn't any

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I'm fine with someone dipping their crust into something, it's basically breadsticks. But if you take a fully loaded slice of pizza and dip it in ranch dressing, you're a pig-monster.

(If the pizza was mediocre I might also dabble in being a pig-monster.)

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Sauces goes on the pizza... it's not dipped wtf.

Top Bottom