• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eating Pizza without dipping sauce? How do youse guys do it !!!

HardRojo

Dipping the crust I can understand, but dipping the actual pizza? What in the fuck is this? Why do you need to make eating pizza more complicated than it actually is?

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
The crusts deserve a dip, agreed. If you’re having to dip the bit with topping then you’re buying shit pizzas.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Fuck papa johns but their garlic butter sauce is a fat man's dream.

Reszo

Dang you guys get really heated over pizza lol
I usually eat pizza without dips but when i do i eat it with ranch.
But for the most part the only thing i eat pizza with is doritos lol.

All this talk of alternative pizza makes me want to hurl. A masterful pizza only needs crust, sauce and cheese. Anyone who would sully a gorgeous pie like this with extraneous nonsense needs their taste buds adjusted.

20121002-napoli-pizza-tour-31.jpg

Needs more basil but otherwise probably pretty good.

I have a friend who will only eat pizza with Ranch. I used to think she was a troglodyte for doing so, but I also occasionally love Anchovies on my pie, So, y'know. While I wouldnt choose to dip my pizza in anything, a good sauce can mask a bad slice, so it has a use.

I believe in a better tomorrow.
I believe in a future where our children won't be chastised for how they eat their pizza, or what kind of pizza they eat.

Buying them from Sobeys is no cheaper, iirc.
My general rule of thumb is 1 dipping sauce to 4 or 5 slices of pizza. So it usually doesn't add much to the cost for me.

4 to 5 slices to only one dipping sauce? I can barely get to a second slice by the time the first dip is over. Their dip is really good, especially when having to eat that last Pizza Pizza crust, which can be borderline inedible at times.

Maaann I want pizza now

Van Bur3n

Have only ever needed dipping sauce when eating from the likes of Domino's or Pizza Hut, because their pizza is lame without it. A good pizza doesn't need a dipping sauce, I says.

Ryuuga

Banned
Pizza Pizza is a mainstream pizza chain here in Canada for people that don't know any better, cut the OP some slack. Check out Dante's, they do delivery but I'm not sure how many locations they have in the GTA. Also go for Pizza Libretto if you want something similar to what you'd get in Napoli. If you ask for dipping sauce there you'll get some wicked side eye.

... What?
What kind of shitty pizza needs fucking dipping sauce?

Man, american pizza never ceases to amaze me.

I know we're on the sixth page but your post needs to be shit on a little more.

American pizza (or rather, New York pizza) is second only to Italian pizza.

Unless you're from Italy, you need to gtfo. You probably have significantly worse pie.

Don't misunderstand, we may have some crappy chain pizza, but our local NY slice makes yours most likely seem like garbage.

Pizza Pizza's pizza is meh tier, but OP is right in that the dipping sauce is fucking bomb.

Whenever I order Pizza Pizza, I always get myself my own cup, and sometimes finish it in one session (if I eat like 4 slices)

The sauce of the Gods:

thumb_600.jpg

Brits are still struggling with the invention of BBQ sauce, let alone "cheddar jalapeno"

Tell me about it. Nearly everything in my local Sainsbury's is either smothered in sweet goo or comes with a little pot of sweet goo to pour over it. It's enough to make a person resort to cooking.

Hjod

Banned
Sauce on the Pizza is a very common thing here in Sweden actually.

Kebab sauce and bearnaise sauce being the most popular by a mile.

Kebab pizza with the sauce
kebab-pizza.jpg

Steak pizza with bearnaise sauce
355710_78107496.jpg

Ok, det där var onödigt... nu blev jag sugen på kebab.

Depends on the pizza really, if the crust is good like the pizza in Italy I don't really need dipping sauce, but if the pizza is all doughey I like it with some dip.

Sooo conclusion, shitty pizza goes with dipping sauce, good pizza doesn't need it?

Trickster

Dipping sauce with pizza...what? I'm almost 30 years old and I've literally never heard of this before. Been eating pizza without it just fine all my life

faint.

c079f51618ab312417cd80b315405462.jpg

North America collectively apologizes for this mess

I guess it's because I tend to avoid big chains that I've never seen half of these. I feel like I've been places where they served some garlic dip on the side but assumed it was for bread sticks. I'm in the Northeast... dunno.

I threw away 2 slice of left over pizza because I had no dip.

This week I lost the dip & threw out other half of the pizza lol

Canada has terrible pizza confirmed.

And you don't get to claim it was good while throwing it away.
No one says "I threw away this bag of $20 bills because it didn't have gold in it." Sure, it would be better with gold, but you're not going to throw away a bag of $20 bills, because the bag of $20 bills is still good.

Stupid analogy, I know, just the first thing that came to mind.
The point is, if you're throwing away pizza just because you don't have dip, then that speaks terribly about the pizza.

jstripes

Banned
Never heard of it and i'm canadian. What part of the country holds this secret legacy?

It's mostly an Ontario thing, but they have locations in Quebec and the Maritimes.

Also, it's perfect food for the end of a night out, as shown worldwide in Scott Pilgrim:

ncVJKHR.jpg

I had many Friday nights sitting in that exact spot.

Top Bottom