• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 for Switch launches September 22 in the Americas and Europe

LordKano

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 will launch for Switch on September 22 in the Americas and Europe, Bandai Namco announced.

The Switch version will have exclusive features, including a motion control option during battles to execute famous moves such as the Kamehameha and the Spirit Bomb, local ad-hoc multiplayer with up to six players, local battles with two Joy-Cons on one system, and the ability to play wherever you want.

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2017/07/dragon-b...tember-22-americas-europe#cT5UaJvid8sOiK1z.99

Screenshots :
http://gematsu.com/gallery/dragon-ball-xenoverse-2/july-10-2017/
Dragon-Ball-Xenoverse-2_2017_07-10-17_003.jpg
Dragon-Ball-Xenoverse-2_2017_07-10-17_006.jpg
Dragon-Ball-Xenoverse-2_2017_07-10-17_014.jpg
Dragon-Ball-Xenoverse-2_2017_07-10-17_009.jpg

Box-art :

Zalman

Even as a huge Dragon Ball fan, I'm kind of lukewarm on this. There's no DLC included, and FighterZ has my attention now.

Visual boost over January's build is, like with Splatoon 2, tangible.

In January official screenshots were 630p with no antialiasing:

img03.jpg

img04.jpg

Oh thank goodness they got rid of the tacky "For Nintendo Switch" in white letters in the front. Cleaned it up too!

But what about the Xenoverse 1 story DLC?

Tsunamo

I notice they never mentioned the DLC. Guess it was wishful thinking to think it'd be included in the West when they left it out in Japan.

daxy

I wonder if the XV1 campaign will come over as DLC on other platforms. That's a really nice feature.

Screens look pretty decent. Maybe I'll end up double dipping on this down the line.

Visual boost over January's build is, like with Splatoon 2, tangible.

In January official screenshots were 630p with no antialiasing:

img03.jpg

img04.jpg

Could be that those 630p screens are from the 1v1 arena mode, which is supposed to run at 60 frames per second, and the screens in this new article are all story, which runs in 720p and 30 fps. The lower resolution and lack of AA might be what was necessary to reach 60 frames. This is total speculation on my part since I don't recall what else was shown previously (and don't want to spend the time comparing them).

LordKano

I wonder if the XV1 campaign will come over as DLC on other platforms. That's a really nice feature.

Screens look pretty decent. Maybe I'll end up double dipping on this down the line.

Could be that those 630p screens are from the 1v1 arena mode, which is supposed to run at 60 frames per second, and the screens in this new article are all story, which runs in 720p and 30 fps. The lower resolution and lack of AA might be what was necessary to reach 60 frames. This is total speculation on my part since I don't recall what else was shown previously.

IIRC in docked mode it's always 900p, even when it drops to 30FPS.

oti

Banned
The Switch version will have exclusive features, including a motion control option during battles to execute famous moves such as the Kamehameha and the Spirit Bomb

Finally.

Kyzer

Banned
I was tweeting and posting about this all the time and I feel like by September I will pretty much not care at all anymore, but I know Im getting it. Held off all this time for the Switch version..

AGITΩ

Future Gohan lost his super saiyan of the box art. Weakest version confirmed.

Will buy over Pokken, honestly. Will probably be there day 1 once Best Buy puts up a Sku to preorder.

isn't that the same day as pokken dx?

This is becoming a strange trend where a notable boxed third party game launches on the same day as a Nintendo-published title:

April: Puyo Puyo Tetris: Out same day as Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
May: Disgaea 5 Complete: Out same day as USFII (published by Nintendo)
July: Fate/Extella: Out same day as Splatoon 2
September: DBZ Xenoverse 2: Out same day as Pokken DX.
October: Nights of Azure 2: Out same day as Super Mario Odyssey

Now we know that this didn't hurt either Disgaea 5 and Puyo Tetris sales, as both versions of the game sold well, but I'm not too sure about Xenoverse 2 considering how they share the same genre.

This is becoming a strange trend where a big third party game launches on the same day as a Nintendo-published title:

September: Xenoverse 2: Out same day as Pokken DX.

Now we know that this didn't hurt either Disgaea 5 and Puyo Tetris sales, as both versions of the game sold well, but I'm not too sure about Xenoverse 2 considering how they share the same genre.

gotta create some excuses in order to not bring future games :p

Could be that those 630p screens are from the 1v1 arena mode, which is supposed to run at 60 frames per second, and the screens in this new article are all story, which runs in 720p and 30 fps. The lower resolution and lack of AA might be what was necessary to reach 60 frames. This is total speculation on my part since I don't recall what else was shown previously (and don't want to spend the time comparing them).

Good point. I'm willing to go with a mixture of both for now, having another 7-9 months of development time has probably bolstered things all round, much like it did with Splatoon 2. I wasn't expecting them to go from 720p with no antialiasing to 1080p with a mixture of AA and no AA.

Zedark

This is becoming a strange trend where a notable boxed third party game launches on the same day as a Nintendo-published title:

Strange indeed. Nice thing is that Disgaea and Puyo puyo Tetris both did very well despite competing with Nintendo published games. Shows some hope for third parties I think.

Based on the box art is the full title actually Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 for Nintendo Switch?

They also italicize it completely in the PR in the link. Namco learn something from Sakurai?

Zedark

Based on the box art is the full title actually Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 for Nintendo Switch?

They also italicize it completely in the PR in the link. Namco learn something from Sakurai?

Seems like it. Probably has to do with exclusive features like motion controls (these are exclusive right?) and the inclusion of the first game's story.

I hope they don't judge wether to bring fighterz or not based on the sales of this one... Cause I know a lot of people who are just passing on xeno because of fighterz.

Strange indeed. Nice thing is that Disgaea and Puyo puyo Tetris both did very well despite competing with Nintendo published games. Shows some hope for third parties I think.

Yup. NISA did a good job with Disgaea 5 Complete overall, it was up for pre-order on January 13 with a limited edition, and it was at most of the Nintendo Switch hands-on tours.

I was surprised by Puyo Puyo Tetris selling 75% of copies on Switch in the UK, considering it:
-launched on the same day as MK8 DX
-cost nearly twice as much (£35 vs £20)
-had a digital version which charted highly on the eShop - PS4 was boxed only
-was sold out before launch

Ridley327

So it's 30FPS right? And no announcement for the DLC, or much on the online multiplayer..ugh.

It's 60 fps in 1v1 fights, but yeah, the story mode is almost entirely multi-person battles, to say nothing of how co-op heavy the online missions are. It's a nice consideration for those wanting something competitive to play online, but for the vast majority of the content that's available, it's a 30 fps title.

Ridley327

Dragon-Ball-Xenoverse-2_2017_07-10-17_021.png_600.jpg

Vook noticed this: There's the Nintendo logo on the spine. Error or published by Nintendo?

It's probably a mock-up that they slapped together pretty quickly. I can't see Nintendo publishing two fighting games to release out on the same day.

Speaking of, I'm surprised that there aren't more publisher labels on the spines of Switch cases. The only one that I can think of that does it besides Nintendo is Nicalis, of all companies.

NSESN

Yeah. DBZ is the only one that shares the same genre. However, with exception of tetris, it is also the only one that already has a public in nintendo devices so I don't know if it will hurt.

Lgndryhr

I tried to like this game on the PS4 and just couldn't get into it. I just want to play something like Budokai (1-3) and Burst Limit. So at this point I am excited for FighterZ.

Top Bottom