• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 for Switch launches September 22 in the Americas and Europe

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I'm usually doing the full chain into the kick-chase-kick, this combos in Kaioken Kamehameha, and I am specced almost entirely into purely basic attacks and Ki blasts. The sheer speed at which you blow apart an enemy AI (even if they warp-break the combo) is damn near comical. Crusher Volcano is my Ultimate, and if its not blocked, it will generally knock off an entire health bar. You can usually get a full Crusher hit if you have an AI ally and its mid-combo for them. So much damage, its damn silly.

I beat the single-player XV2 campaign at ~45 or so when it was telling me to do it at 58 or something. I have 0/20/20/40/0/100 (or there abouts) Human with the above spec, and Mira never even touched me because he was dead so fast.

That said, finished the XV2 campaign last night. Had a blast and still laughing my ass off at some random-ass human fighting on par with SSGSS Goku and Beerus, it comically canon breaking. Yo check out this human one-shotting Brolly!
My immersion kept breaking more and more as I progressed through the story,ii was so happy to get to level 40 and get super saiyan or else It would have felt absurd to be fighting fucking beerus as a base saiyan lol

Vena

My immersion kept breaking more and more as I progressed through the story,ii was so happy to get to level 40 and get super saiyan or else It would have felt absurd to be fighting fucking beerus as a base saiyan lol

See you fight Beerus as just some human dude or dudette.

You're awoken skill as a human? Nimbus. That's it. Never even used it, hah! (Its attack chains are awful and its damage pathetic for my build.)

Its not even about immersion, I just find it funny as hell. Hey check out that random ass human fighting the God of Destruction for some reason, somehow. Top it off, I got to beat up Whis too... somehow?

Vena

I'm stuck against Freiza/Cooler. :(

The moment they transform, everything goes to shit and I get beaten.

That level is the weirdest difficulty spike in the game, its probably the hardest level. I think its because Cooler and Freiza are both hyper-aggressive against the player.

idk how but i got super overleveled for the main story like i just beat ssgss vegeta while i've just finished cell/future trunks arc of the main story

Seik

Banned
That level is the weirdest difficulty spike in the game, its probably the hardest level. I think its because Cooler and Freiza are both hyper-aggressive against the player.

Yeah and they go from punching bag to MLG Pro who will combo you to your death if you dare lacking stamina.

The recommended level was 20 and I'm now at 32, doing online missions to grind me some levels. :lol

Vena

Yeah and they go from punching bag to MLG Pro who will combo you to your death if you dare lacking stamina.

The recommended level was 20 and I'm now at 32, doing online missions to grind me some levels. :lol

I think the biggest skill check on them is knowing how to blink out of their combos (so stamina conservation) and how to counter-hit their blinks (if you input a reverse-attack, you can hit them directly after their blink and continue a chain).

BizzyBum

Been playing this a lot lately and it's pretty cool but this game has way too much busywork. I know it's mostly optional stuff but sheesh.

nordique

This game was too much grinding and repetitive gameplay for me. Fun at first, later became a bit too much for me and my attention span, and too much grinding for my taste which I am not a fan of... I ended up trading it in for FIFA

ironically FIFA has a lot of repetitive gameplay too haha (I just find it more enjoyable and short matches are fantastic before bed)

That said, I hope my purchase of the game leads to a sale that leads to Dragon Ball FighterZ making it's way to the Switch next year....I love fast paced fighting games like that, and that game looks mouth watering for DB fans!!! (myself included)

I don't have time for traditional consoles (i.e. sitting down in front of a TV and spending hours) anymore, so its really Switch or nothing for me.

Mediking

I'm addicted to this game.

The game has alotta content and rewards you for trying to have fun.

Learned some cool moves from Frieza and his brother.

Now.... I do this... mash X because the combo knocks them down, immediately do Special Beam Cannon, manage to squeeze in Feint Crash (a move that teleports you behind your opponent and continue the pain.

I'm trying to find cool clothes for my guy. He's wearing torn Goku clothes but I want something flashier.

foxuzamaki

i also got pretty addicted, im at the point where i just gave my character beerus' clothes because I want to be a cool GoD and plus beerus is my current master

So how do you advance the story? Pretty much stuck at the part where Trunks shows up with the "Hero" from Xeno1 and I dont get any more time quests after that.

Mediking

Just unlocked Super Saiyan!!! That was amazing but the game should do a better job of pointing you to who to talk to...

And DBZGAF! We need to play together!!!

Mediking

That whole Future Trunks and Future Gohan chapter was so good.

Might hafta change to a Future Trunks avatar. I really felt sad for the guy.

ryushe

That was the only fight in the game that had me like "I think I might be playing this wrong..."

foxuzamaki

That whole Future Trunks and Future Gohan chapter was so good.

Might hafta change to a Future Trunks avatar. I really felt sad for the guy.
Yeah it was pretty good,and then black comes and
kills his mom?
trunks life is suffering

BizzyBum

I think I'm done with this game.

I did a lot of the side content as it opened up, but by the end I just focused on the last few story missions to "beat it" and I think I'm good for now. There's still so much I could do as the amount of content is pretty staggering but at the same time it's also grindy and repetitive so it's not exactly a good type of content. The only things I didn't really get into were the parallel quests, expert quests, and the PvP.

I was also not a big fan of the ranking system. There were some battles I got a Z rank for doing nothing and others where I get 15 things checked off in the criteria and get an A. Getting 100% Z ranks in this game would take me years. lol

How is the PvP in this?

I'm stuck against Freiza/Cooler. :(

The moment they transform, everything goes to shit and I get beaten.

I'm at this part right now and I got my ass handed to me.

You guys weren't kidding when you said it was a random difficulty spike, lol.

Mediking

Android 18's dialogue when you do the training quests with her is so freaking hnnnnngggg and waifu....

Just started training with Cell. Dude was like, "So absorbing people wasn't nice... wanna learn some cool moves though?!?!?"

Hahaha.

Mediking

I'm still addicted. Lol just played for a few hours without stopping. XP

At least the game constantly rewards you for caring.

Oh and be careful of what kinda gear you have. I had a cool Broly outfit by my health took a hit. I changed gear and now my health shot up but my ki and stamina got hit. Lol

My most recent ass kicking is courtesy of Beerus. I didn't even stand a chance.

Done for tonight but next time I get back to it I'm gonna grind some PQs to get my stats up and try again.

Sorry to bump a sort of dead thread, but do we have any idea how well this sold on Switch? I tried to play online on Friday and there were literally 0 people doing the missions, I couldn't find anyone.

Also, I only watched my friend play this on PS4 for a little while about a year ago, but aren't there supposed to be other live people running around the hub world to interact with? I feel like I haven't seen a single soul.

I was hoping to get FighterZ on Switch so, if this sold that poorly, I hope it doesn't deter them from giving us a port. I love the attention to detail with crafting a fighter in this game, but I can't say I'd be shocked if it sold poorly, given the price and how old it is. But it's really a game with like, opposite values to FighterZ, so I hope this isn't the only metric they use when deciding how to handle ports, and the claim that Xenoverse 2 needs to sell well was just an attempt to boost sales.

(I hope this doesn't count as port begging since it's a reponse to a developer comment)

Oregano

Sorry to bump a sort of dead thread, but do we have any idea how well this sold on Switch? I tried to play online on Friday and there were literally 0 people doing the missions, I couldn't find anyone.

Also, I only watched my friend play this on PS4 for a little while about a year ago, but aren't there supposed to be other live people running around the hub world to interact with? I feel like I haven't seen a single soul.

I was hoping to get FighterZ on Switch so, if this sold that poorly, I hope it doesn't deter them from giving us a port. I love the attention to detail with crafting a fighter in this game, but I can't say I'd be shocked if it sold poorly, given the price and how old it is. But it's really a game with like, opposite values to FighterZ, so I hope this isn't the only metric they use when deciding how to handle ports, and the claim that Xenoverse 2 needs to sell well was just an attempt to boost sales.

(I hope this doesn't count as port begging since it's a reponse to a developer comment)

The game has done quite well in Japan, probably thanks to DB Super but it seems to have done pretty badly elsewhere.

Zalman

We know it surpassed initial expectations in Japan as it was sold out throughout most of September, but they shipped very few units to begin with. It's hard to say how it did worldwide, but I hope Namco is smart enough to see why an old port at that price is a hard sell.

foxuzamaki

Game on the eshop was in the top 15, actually I think it still is in the top 15 for a while, so it probably sold to expectations, its been like a week since ive been on but it had plenty of people last time.

There's only like 300 people per server on a multi lobby

Finally started this and as a heads up for beginners:

Don't worry about your outfit colors, you can customize it again in the pause menu. :) Someone earlier said you do get to re-customize your body's look via a wish from the Dragonballs, so you're not stuck with that either, but I would think that's a while away so yeah, choose wisely. :p

Combat's pretty nifty. It's hard getting the timing right and getting a hang of the controls (only did the first tutorial fight so far). But MAN that special attack where you do Nappa's two finger thing and the ground explodes (I'm a Saiyan as this implies) is BADASS!!!

Looking forward to putting more time into this! Only gripe visually is the aliasing, it's pretty bad, the game's crisp otherwise though, that 900p does shine!

Finished this game a couple weeks ago and it was a blast. Really hoping DBFZ comes to the Switch, but if not I might just pick it up on PS4 anyways.

This game really has me interested in the rest of the franchise now. Already ordered the first season of DBZ Kai on BluRay and the first season of the original Dragon Ball on DVD, so I'm excited to watch those!

Anyone know how you'd go into 60fps single fights? I did some training with Krillin and one or two were 1vs1 but it ran in 30fps. I assume it's maybe a "multiplayer"/battle mode exclusive thing? I don't even see an option for that, unless it's in the overworld somewhere.

Seik

Banned
Anyone know how you'd go into 60fps single fights? I did some training with Krillin and one or two were 1vs1 but it ran in 30fps. I assume it's maybe a "multiplayer"/battle mode exclusive thing? I don't even see an option for that, unless it's in the overworld somewhere.

Usually, any 1 on 1 fights are supposed to be 60fps. In the overworld there a place where you can do offline/online battles (bottom right of the map I think).

Just unlocked Super Saiyan. This is hype, I made a bald character with a goatee, so only the goatee goes gold. :lol

And then I turned SSJ3 and wow, obligatory hair! Hahaha I love it!

Usually, any 1 on 1 fights are supposed to be 60fps. In the overworld there a place where you can do offline/online battles (bottom right of the map I think).

Just unlocked Super Saiyan. This is hype, I made a bald character with a goatee, so only the goatee goes gold. :lol

And then I turned SSJ3 and wow, obligatory hair! Hahaha I love it!

Looked 30fps during the Krillin bits. Yamcha joins in the Destructo Disc lesson so it made sense there.

Also, I need to just say...

I am SO FUCKING GRATEFUL that this was the anime game BN chose to port to Switch, I am not kidding.

Dragon Ball games have a huge spot in my heart for the Budokai games on GC (I shake my fist at you the powers that may be for NOT giving us Budokai 3 on GC or even Wii. KHAN!!!!). But also, this was by Dimps, who made the Budokai games (though I think the directors are different, but the producers are the same).

It's nostalgia, but MAN does this mean a lot, I honestly would've picked this over FighterZ honestly. Never played an ASW fighter so I don't have that connection with them, though the art style looks fantabulous!

AND we get all content as well as exclusive content which is some of the best possible with the XV1 story content, I was really wishing we'd get a XV1+2 combo pack, well this is even better! Because the XV1 bits are utilizing the XV2 improvements and with that, the XV1 content is literally definitive on Switch, not to mention they legit added bells and whistles as seen in my earlier thread about this.

Yeah Kenji Yamamoto is never coming back, and I've made peace with that, but so far the music's not too shabby actually.

I've given BN shit for their lacking Switch support so far, but BOY did they hit almost all the right points with this. Yeah it'd have been better if it was the Deluxe Edition containing DLC packs 1-4 on the cart for free, but eh, it's most important that we have the content, even for a fee. Though I say this as a Wii U owner who saw so many ports get zero DLC on Wii U so... :p

So I think you Bandai Namco, you did right with this game, very much so IMO. :)

ajim

How do i access the dlc? I bought it all. Do I need to access through story progression or can I just start using all the characters or whatever?

DbaziNews

Neo Member
sorry for off.
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 has sold 500,000 copies on Switch, Bandai Namco announced .That number accounts for all copies moved worldwide.
Source

Codes 208

Anyone who still has it, have they made any improvements to the framerate? When i bought it to support the switch, it felt janky AF so i ended up returning it about two days later.

Top Bottom