• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft Q3: Assassin's Creed 3 12m, Far Cry 3 4.5m shipped

Struct09

I hope this means we get a sequel to AC3 in the spirit of Brotherhood. AC3's setting was amazing, but the game itself fell short of the greatness that is AC2 and ACB.

BeauRoger

Unconfirmed Member
Well deserved ubisoft, both far cry 3 and AC3 are fantastic games. Now fix the disaster that is Uplay and start supporting the PC version of your games the same way you do with consoles.

rataven

Wow, ACIII sold crazy good, which likely ensures we'll get a direct sequel. Ideally however, they'd make it a prequel. More Haytham, less Connor.

Toa TAK

Banned
Both of the games, I think, definitely deserved it. Although, I do agree with the sentiment that FC3 should've gotten more.

AC 3 is far from a fantastic game. It's an incredibly big production, but that doesn't mean it's a fantastic game. It's way too average in way too many things it does.

jcm

I wonder what's the increase and decrease between the US and Europe thanks to AC3's setting.

Did you notice the change in their regional revenue mix? I assume that's much of your answer.

qpoEn4p.png

Grimsen

AC3 was very average. I finished it, but got rid of it.

Still playing FC3, and it's a much, much better game. Even on 360.

Gueras

Banned
FC3 is great but need better Story and better Boss's battles

The 2 big fights from the game are ridiculous...

SCORE 8/10

*does a suck it AC3 haters dance*

Obviously good sales means I'm right to like it. Bad games don't sell, right? right?

Ohgodmytasteisawful

Hindle

Banned
With any luck AC III pissed off enough people to seriously make them consider thier approach for the next game.

I never played the game and from what I've heard I'm bloody glad I didn't.

iNvid02

kinda expected, this was hyped up to be the big "3" and marketing was everywhere long before release, not the best in the series but not the worst either.

glad far cry is doing well

jcm

That includes all Ubisoft releases right? It's a partial answer I guess.

Yes, it is. I would like to know the AC total revenue this year compared to last year. They discount these games so quickly and so heavily , it'd be interesting to see. That's the kind of data they're unlikely to release though.

Lol, you always call Vita dead, and yet Ubi sold more software on it.

3DS: not reliant at all on Western third-party support due to its younger/Japanese target demographics, has had no major releases from Ubisoft in the current fiscal year

Vita: heavily reliant on Western third-party support as part of Sony's strategy of selling "console quality on the go" to males aged 17-30; had one major, heavily marketed Ubisoft release which nonetheless failed to break 300K in the US

megalowho

They got their AC3 numbers, but at what cost. Series has lost a lot of goodwill with the "core" they tout so highly in that writeup. Will be very interesting to see how things go from here.

Spiegel

3DS: not reliant at all on Western third-party support due to its younger/Japanese target demographics, has had no major releases from Ubisoft in the current fiscal year

Vita: heavily reliant on Western third-party support as part of Sony's strategy of selling "console quality on the go" to males aged 17-30; had one major, heavily marketed Ubisoft release which nonetheless failed to break 300K in the US

Liberation did close to 600k with 15-20% digital downloads. Not bad.

After AC3 and Skyrim sold so well, one wonders if QA is going to become even less of a priority for big holiday titles, or even titles elsewhere in the year.

Top Bottom