• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Kotaku] Rumor: Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag is receiving a remake

Why Me Ghosts GIF by CBS

Black flag is easily the best AC game. Only one I was able to finish without being bored but why is this being remade? There really seems like no point, unless they are just trying to get some cash back from the obvious sinkhole that is S&B

Fake

At this point is far to say they will cancel that stupid pirate game and re-use some of the game to remake Black Flag.

In fact that shit game was inspired by Assassin Creed Black Flag killer boat exploration/fight with I not normally don't like boat games, but was pretty decent in Black Flag.

Black flag is easily the best AC game. Only one I was able to finish without being bored but why is this being remade? There really seems like no point, unless they are just trying to get some cash back from the obvious sinkhole that is S&B
you sound like me reacting to the dead space remake. just finishing replaying dead space 2, &, imo, all the dead space trilogy really needed was a remaster. still looks great...

radewagon

lol at providing breakfast as an incentive to come to work. Just pay people 1-2% extra and they will all show up to work the next day.
LOL. Some people have preferences that well outweigh trivial amounts in monetary compensation. My brother and his wife both work remotely and fricken LOVE it. It would take way more than 1 to 2% to get them to give that up. And while I basically need to work "in the office," (I'm a teacher) I would have to be seriously hard up to want to work Summer School or do after school tutoring. My life/work balance is worth more than the money. Though, to be fair, teaching these days is a very draining gig and I need all the energy I have left to keep up with my wonderful toddler.

EDMIX

My thoughts: This isn't coming out till 2027 at the earliest, as AC Red is slated for 2024 (could be pushed to 2025) and AC Hexe is for 2026.

Why would any of those matter? Generally remakes are not done by the main team, so unless we have some info on WHO is remaking it, it very well could come before that as I doubt any of the main teams would be doing the remake.

Too soon.

Nah, need I remind folks, Black Flag is a cross gen game, it was built with PS3 and 360 as its base, 10 plus years later, would make complete sense for a remake.

Taking inspiration from Sony I see, give it a year or two and we'll see a Valhalla remake as well.

Jokes aside, how the fuck are they not remaking Assassin's Creed 2 first??? arguably the greatest AC game ever.

killatopak

Taking inspiration from Sony I see, give it a year or two and we'll see a Valhalla remake as well.

Jokes aside, how the fuck are they not remaking Assassin's Creed 2 first??? arguably the greatest AC game ever.
They kinda are? Mirage is supposed to be a return to classic AC.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
This and Skull & Bones at the same time makes no sense. Why can't they just make a pirate game like Black Flag and just pull out the assassin nonsense?

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
They will definitely use Skull and Bones tech in this. They have to. So much time spent investing on that game and nothing turned out of it yet. They have to make returns from all the effort they put into it.
I never planned on playing Skull & Bones but when I saw they had absolutely no boarding implemented while AC Black Flag from what 2012? had it I just went "Yeeesh".

I love Black Flag. I even got it on my Switch so I can sing sea shanties while takin' a dump 😃

Kurotri

Why would any of those matter? Generally remakes are not done by the main team, so unless we have some info on WHO is remaking it, it very well could come before that as I doubt any of the main teams would be doing the remake.
Tbh it's more about how games take long to make, apparently it's very very early. On top of that, since this is supposed to be a full on remake, it probably won't get released anywhere near Red or Hexe so that they don't cannibalize each other.

So, they do Altäir dirty huh? That's the game that needs the biggest treatment. Give it to Capcom the masters of remaking classics

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
I love Black Flag. I even got it on my Switch so I can sing sea shanties while takin' a dump 😃
:messenger_tears_of_joy:

Same here. I did try it on the Deck too, it runs pretty good on it. I'm still peeved it never got any love on the Series X (I havent tried it on the PS5, might have to see what it runs like)

Juza

Black Flag is not an Assassin's Creed game, it's just a pirate game titled Assassin's Creed!

Also, Rogue is better in every way.

https://cdna.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/000/355/032/large/maximilien-albert-035.jpg?1418606928

kyussman

You would think given the limitless potential of modern video games a company the size of Ubisoft would have lots of talented people with many,many ideas for new video games to make.......apparently not.

nowhat

I'd love a remaster. Don't see the need for a remake though.

I was really hoping they would patch BF, Unity and Syndicate like they did Origins and Odyssey
I'd really like a patched version of Unity. I never finished it because it ran like ass, even with all the patches.

And also the fact that for reasons unkown, you couldn't suspend the game on PS4. As I use the rest mode quite extensively, fuck that.

Pejo

Black Flag is not an Assassin's Creed game, it's just a pirate game titled Assassin's Creed!

Also, Rogue is better in every way.

https://cdna.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/000/355/032/large/maximilien-albert-035.jpg?1418606928
Every way EXCEPT the setting and atmosphere which Black Flag absolutely nailed.

Anyways, as long as the remake doesn't have a girlboss character come in and make Kenway look like a drooling doofus, I'd be open to seeing it in modern day graphics. The game still looks good enough though. I recently did a playthrough again on my Deck and it was jsut as good as I remembered.

Top Bottom