• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft aiming to release one Assassin's Creed Per Year

Draugoth

Gold Member
ubisoft-atualmente-tem-11-jogos-de-assassin-s-creed-planejados-092566.jpg

As revealed by well-known insider Tom Henderson, we should once again see an annual release of the franchise, with Ubisoft planning to intersperse one large and one small game from the IP every year starting in 2024.

The company's plan would be to release a main game in the franchise every two years, with a smaller title being released in between. The releases will start with Assasssin's Creed Red this year, followed by the multiplayer Invictus in 2025 and Hexe in 2026.

Although nothing is confirmed yet, the insider guesses that to keep to this schedule, we'll see the remake of Black Flag in 2027 and a new main title in the franchise in 2028.

Franchise schedule:

• Assasssin's Creed Red - 2024
  • Assasssin's Creed Invictus - 2025
  • Assasssin's Creed Hexe - 2026
  • Assasssin's Creed Blak Flag Remake - 2027
  • Assasssin's Creed New Main Title - 2028

Assasssin's Creed Red will be the next main title in the franchise, set in Feudal Japan and due to arrive this year. Meanwhile, Assasssin's Creed Hexe will be a new single-player title inspired by the witch hunts and Assasssin's Creed Invictus will be a multiplayer title.

Audiophile

Gold Member
That new main title better be a classic AC (that's actually a classic AC; and not just pretending...*cough* mirage *cough*).

Stuart360

Ubisoft loterally announced this a couiple of years ago, including AC Red.
Not sure how this is some kind of insider info lol.

Anyway its worth remembering that this doesn't mean a Odyssey or Valhalla every year, they will be every 4 years by the sound of it.

Last edited:

Audiophile

Gold Member
Two-yearly releases with RPG AC, Classic AC and "Hexe" AC dev in parallel, each for 6yrs; would make the most sense to me.

Make Infinite a 3D launcher which acts as a customisable base for your own modern/future-day character who then enters the animus and plays purchased mainline games (with singular characters and narratives), plus integrated remakes/remasters and multiplayer.

Last edited:
Didnt they do this before, and then say they will slow down to make better games?
Yes, they totally did.
Which was OBVIOUSLY the best thing for them, and for the series.

If money is the only thing they care about, releasing yearly AC games is a mistake.

Not to mention the absurd amount of crunch that will be needed for this. The ones getting fucked are the devs.

Last edited:

Stuart360

I liked the longer gaps.

2015: Syndicate

2017: Origins

2018: Odyssey

2020: Valhalla

2023: Mirage

But now we’re back to yearly trash.
Some of you really need to read the actual OP post, and not just the thread title.

'RED' is the next mainline entry, with the next one after that 4 years away.

I liked the longer gaps.

2015: Syndicate

2017: Origins

2018: Odyssey

2020: Valhalla

2023: Mirage

But now we’re back to yearly trash.
That big gap from Valhalla to now ( Mirage is made by a small up and comer team) means we get a new big ac thats had at least 4 years in development with red and then hexe.
The other two are most probably smaller titles.

Of course we getting more ass creed, you guys didnt buy that avatar game or skull and bones. And then when a true great game came along with prince of persia lost crown, it was met with meh. This is the future, own it.

Their only choice is to double down on what sells, stop taking chances, and that will assure the downfall of the franchise. People like Assassin's Creed, but it's no Call of Duty. People can only take so much, and this will surely kill their golden goose. I wouldn't want to work for Ubisoft in the near future.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
sounds good, I'm in; they kinda used to do this before, the big > smaller game thing, you got AC3 and then liberation, AC4 and then rogue.

Perrott

Gold Member
Can't wait for Hexe, as that one is aiming to redefine the AC formula and give birth to a new style of game besides the classic AC and the more RPG-oriented entries.

simpatico

In the final stages of our terminally MBA-ed world, the investor class takes all the value out of absolutely everything for short term gains before the company is cannibalized by PE firms. Nothing beautiful is ever made again.

Gamers: "Why the fuck does it take so long for a new game?"
Also Gamers: "Why the fuck is it coming too soon?"

It's Ubi so people are going to bitch anyway but there might be some merit to this being just a little too ambitious in scheduling with a risk of burnout. *shrug* We'll see how it turns out. AC Hexe sounds really interesting at least. Witches in a dark moody setting? Yes please!

Their only choice is to double down on what sells, stop taking chances, and that will assure the downfall of the franchise. People like Assassin's Creed, but it's no Call of Duty. People can only take so much, and this will surely kill their golden goose. I wouldn't want to work for Ubisoft in the near future.
They did take chances got flop left and right ac and far cry are only thing keeps ubisoft float

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I guess they looked at the metrics and saw that it didn’t matter to stagger our releases. Get that money from the AC die hards yearly.

Mirage was a total wet fart for me.

Top Bottom