• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft aiming to release one Assassin's Creed Per Year

MrRibeye

For God's sake!!! Just cancel all that shite and make one AAAA quality Assassin's Creed game.

Last edited:
For God's sake!!! Just cancel all that shite and make one AAAA quality Assassin's Creed game.
They are big studios
Ubisoft qubec with 1200 people making red for 4 years
Invictus made by different team from for honour

Ac hexe is made by montreal team behind ac Valhalla and watch dogs legion

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
Didnt they do this before, and then say they will slow down to make better games?
Seems like they have some financial issues and other games unable to provide the profit they wanted so they kept milking the AC franchise .

IMO its a short term bandage and ifs going to backfired in the near future

Last edited:
I guess they looked at the metrics and saw that it didn’t matter to stagger our releases. Get that money from the AC die hards yearly.

Mirage was a total wet fart for me.

It's funny how management becomes so data drive (quantitative data only though) that they miss the qualitative factors which have a massive impact on success in the entertainment industry.

Laptop1991

i like the AC games apart from AC 3, and as long as they are good (good not great) then 1 a year is better than waiting longer for me, but that's not my issue with Ubisoft, i'm not going to pay the higher prices they keep charging to tell me i don't own the game, no sale until this is sorted out.

yansolo

i thought they werent going to do that anymore to focus on smaller story driven games? anyway, ubisoft has been rubbish for a while now. i wont touch their games

Bojji

I liked the longer gaps.

2015: Syndicate

2017: Origins

2018: Odyssey

2020: Valhalla

2023: Mirage

But now we’re back to yearly trash.

2015: Syndicate - ok (7/10)

2017: Origins - good (8/10)

2018: Odyssey - very good (9/10)

2020: Valhalla - trash

2023: Mirage - ok, AA quality

Surprisingly this strategy didn't improve their output, I think Odyssey is the best one in recent years and it was developed in parallel with Origins. So make AC every year Ubi, some of them may be great (and some will be bad).

Bojji

Ass ass in's greed.

:unsure:

Ass + Ass = great

hot-girls-bikini.gif

xrnzaaas

Not sure how they want to combine giving their big AC games post launch support with keeping an annual schedule. In the past the yearly releases led to many people ending up seriously fatigued with the series and that was when the AC games were much smaller.

They will always be hamstrung by the setting.

For example, Viking England, Pirates in the 18th century, Ancient Greece, Ancient Egypt, Victorian London, Renaissance Italy - these all interest me.

Baghdad, China hmmm…..

I am sure many others have different preferences, but preferences nonetheless.

They should bin the modern crap for good too - absolute nonsense to shoe horn in a modern sassy protagonist.

Xtib81

The most milked franchise in History. That's a shame cause the IP could be incredible if they took the time to make it right.

Well.

I love you guys but…

F*** the babies..

I love these games for all their tedium and unnecessary sprawl…

In the modern age of gaming where budgets are in the hundreds of millions of dollars and turnaround times are edging towards decades, I’ll take Ubisoft spinning up 143,573 devs across 59 studios all over the world in-order to give me f****ing something to play at least once a year.

And these games are so bloated I’ll be ready to start the next one by the time the last one has been cleared.

FeralEcho

Didnt they do this before, and then say they will slow down to make better games?
This! I remember them saying that,WTF is going on with this industry, it's like every CEO is running around like headless chicken throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks.

Also it's funny this deja vu shit is coming from Ubisoft considering Far Cry 3 😂😂😂
troll whats GIF

Damigos

Here we go again.bmp

Cant they see they release better games when they leave a gap year ? Wtf is wrong with them?
Better games have better sales = more money !...

hinch7

So basically doing an Activision with CoD, as to them with AC. Lets see how well that turns out.

Last edited:

Seyken

It says a lot about the state of the series when the game from that list that gets me most excited is a remake from a not-so-old game.

Sorcerer

Ubisoft: Sweat factory of Assarian's Creed games. Imagine dedicating 3-4 teams just for one franchise. I assume that's what has to happen to pump these out at that rate.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
they already tried that and apologized for it. this dumb company is a literal meme. they've transcended.

I can't get over how dumb it is that they're remaking Black Flag. AC1 or AC2 I could maybe understand. It's not even that old and its story has barely any significance to the greater AC plot.

Hydroxy

This is bad. This is what originally caused massive AC franchise fatigue and now they're doing it again. I stopped playing after Syndicate but last year I tried AC Odyssey. Cassandra was nice and story was interesting dropped it quickly once realized you have to grind a lot otherwise its impossible to kill enemies. Taking away instant stealth kill was big bummer

DeaDPo0L84

What was once a unique franchise is now a bloated mess that even if a great one were to release it's still going to feel like the other fifty before it so I won't care. This is what happens when there is over saturation, too much of a good thing etc etc.

Kazdane

I love this! I've always enjoyed AC games, and playing a new one yearly (when they were still doing that) was great, I liked knowing it was something to look forward on that particular year.

Slimboy Fat

Add more aliens and sci-fi, put in more elaborate character animations to increase input-lag further, make sure lesbian warrior kweens are front and center in every historical epoch, ensure no one can ever hope to understand the meta-storyline, replace every missions with a map marker bandit camp, make your player even more of an invincible super soldier while still pretending it's a game about assassins and re-enble in-game ads. Those are my recomendations for Ubisoft going forward.

Top Bottom