• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rockman Online likely cancelled, concept art shown

Jawmuncher

Megaman plans can't catch a break.

I'm not a big Mega Man guy myself, but geez you guys are getting screwed.
Fan-Oh look a new game!
Capcom-It's cancelled

I'd prefer Dino Crisis stays asleep over capcom announcing a new game and then canceling it.

shaowebb

Oh my. I forgot about this. Why didn't you let me forget shao?

Nevar 4get.
Also I never let folks forget my wife made the original Derp Megaman for my thread in 2008 on the Classic Mega Man Cartoon by Ruby Spears. We were watching episodes and screencapping and he made a stupid overly happy face and we couldn't resist mocking it until it eventually ended up getting that edit. 07-07-2008 is Derp Mega Man's official Birthday.

It got posted here and 4chan that night and never stopped getting reposted. Megaman and my house have a lot of history. We could never forget about him.

EDIT: Oh and we also posted it on The Protomen's forums that week. A lot of it spreading probably came from those folks using it everywhere. God I love going to Protomen shows.

Gameplay from 2010 doesn't look so hot either, but the characters look pretty cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZq9YjDmiCk
It looks pretty bad, but that's just the inevitable result of Capcom being bad these days.

Nevar 4get.
Also I never let folks forget my wife made the original Derp Megaman for my thread in 2008 on the Classic Mega Man Cartoon by Ruby Spears. We were watching episodes and screencapping and he made a stupid overly happy face and we couldn't resist mocking it until it eventually ended up getting that edit.

It got posted here and 4chan that night and never stopped getting reposted. Megaman and my house have a lot of history. We could never forget about him.
Goddamn, full circle here. Before I could post here, I was reading a post where you said that and thought "woah, that was made by a GAF member?!" But, you know, 9 months later when I got posting rights, who would remember the name? Never 5get.
I say 5get because I value this more than 4get. Let's pretend I did not make that joke.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Not really. It would probably be like a faster version of elsword, or something like rusty hearts.

So yeah, a Korean F2P MMO.

(if you're really getting hung up on the word "MMO", I'm happy to change it to "online game"

qq more

Nevar 4get.
Also I never let folks forget my wife made the original Derp Megaman for my thread in 2008 on the Classic Mega Man Cartoon by Ruby Spears. We were watching episodes and screencapping and he made a stupid overly happy face and we couldn't resist mocking it until it eventually ended up getting that edit.

Hahaha, I think I had that DERP Mega Man as my MSN avatar for a good while.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
So yeah, a Korean F2P MMO.

(if you're really getting hung up on the word "MMO", I'm happy to change it to "online game"

Not getting hung up on anything. Its just not as weird a direction as you claimed.

Fan: "When's the next MegaMan coming out?"
Capcom: "MegaMan? What's that? Here, have a westernized remake instead."
Megaman fans thought Bad Box Art Megaman in SFxT was a joke and a troll. Little did we know that it it's our first look at the new westernized Megaman.

shaowebb

Megaman fans thought Bad Box Art Megaman in SFxT was a joke and a troll. Little did we know that it it's our first look at the new westernized Megaman.

Capcom announces "The Mega Man" by Nihilistic Software

I am starting to feel like the Blue Bomber's Anniversary is not going to be joyous.

Oh God...Oh God don't let BBA Mega Man be an actual game announcement for the anniversary and the only way we can get new Mega Man games now. Its just the kind of thing they might do...

Oh God...Oh God don't let BBA Mega Man be an actual game announcement for the anniversary and the only way we can get new Mega Man games now. Its just the kind of thing they might do...

I agree. BBA MegaMan could be the
Bomberman: Act Zero for fans

hiryu64

You got: Cancelled

ixsPYWSWAbjii.gif

EDIT: Replaced with higher framerate version.

Sai-kun

Banned
They should have capitalized on the popularity of EXE when it was still cool and made an MMO :( I would have invested all the money into it

Chev

how long till any of their iOS games start tanking and Capcom just flat out sells the IP?
There's no point for them in selling it. The risk of a competitor using the brand recognition is too big for them in regards to the little profit it'd bring. They'll always try to licence it instead. You won't see a game company sell an IP unless the whole company's dead or about to die.

I don't have a problem with this, I didn't expect the game to come over here and the lack of news in the last months or even a year tell you all you need to know. At least we got some cool anime trailers.

FSLink

Banned

and even then only PS3 users get him, lol.

And yes, second me as someone who honestly thought this was already cancelled.

Did they honestly think this would work? Or was it just the marketing department pushing for MMOs because that was the hot thing at the time?

... I mean really.

Feel bad for the team, all that hard work wasted. But from the trailers it really doesn't seem like it was working.

EVOL 100%

Guys, there's nothing to really cry over here. All reports indicated that this game was going to be shit.

At least we got two(?) cool animation clips out of it.

I wasn't even aware there were any remaining active Megaman games left to cancel. I'm guessing this was officially the last Megaman title that was in development?

Guys, there's nothing to really cry over here. All reports indicated that this game was going to be shit.

At least we got two(?) cool animation clips out of it.

Well, feeling bad for people out of jobs and franchises losing relevance aside, you're right of course. The few gameplay videos that reared their heads weren't exactly lighting up my imagination.

I wasn't even aware there were any remaining active Megaman games left to cancel. I'm guessing this was officially the last Megaman title that was in development?

There's an iOS game that looks terrible, and X and Zero are in Project X Zone.

yurinka

Sad news, the game looked promising and the art is really awesome, I think it would be a great new direction for Mega Man.

Zero please stay away from Capcom, let's live together in a world where new MegaMan games exist.

Takao, there's no world with new MegaMan games. It's only a fantasy.

Yes, I know but I wanted to believe it. I wanted to live in a world where new MegaMan games exist.

Takao.

Ugh

Takao, Takao, Takao! Takao .... AAAAHHh ugh, no this isn't happening. There's no reason for me to go on
WHATAMIPLAYINGFOR?!!!!!?

ant1532

Banned
capcom: announcing megaman games megaman fans didn't want and canceling them. and legends 3 getting caught in the confusion. capcom and megaman is a lot more confusing than it should be.

if i worked there

Megaman 11 which looks more like Megaman 8 and is awesome.
Legends 3. (for 3DS)
Battle Network (plays like 2&3, looks more like 2, except better and not on gba lol. online battling)

X 10 (more like x1-4)

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
When do you think Capcom will cotton on that big Anniversary years shouldn't feel like funerals?

I hope nobody is being serious when they say Capcom is intentionally trying to piss off it's fans.

At any rate, the game wasn't looking so hot. Probably for the best.

There will be new Mega Man games announced again one day. They might not necessarily be good, but the IP is certainly not dead.

Top Bottom