• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rockman Online likely cancelled, concept art shown

Fan: "When's the next MegaMan coming out?"
Capcom: "MegaMan? What's that? Here, have a westernized remake instead."

As a guy training to work in the industry that has all the Mega Man games and was born on Mega Man's birthday, it's my dream to design a westernized remake of all the sub-series combined. I've already designed the world map and written a lot of the story and gameplay concepts.

...someone has to believe ;_;

Kokonoe

Banned
iZAvJTRgEK6uX.gif

I had to make this.

As a big Mega Man fan, it really saddens me to hear projects getting canned left and right, especially Legends 3, but it seems everyone has expressed their distaste in that decision. Personally I would have loved to see what they could've done with Mega Man Online, the idea of just building your own reploid or maverick seems awesome. The customization could have been really deep and entertaining (imagine a reploid mmx style with storm eagle wings).

I hope Capcom's spree of cancelling mega man games is at its end. With Mega Man's 25th birfday coming up, I really hope they have some nice announcements planned. Bring back Mega Man X!!

Pociask

Capcom's now cancelling Mega Man games that people didn't even know existed. This shit's reaching a whole new level.

How long until Capcom cancels new Mega Man games in the same press release in which they're announced?

Soon...

CACPOM IS PROUD TO ANNOUNCE A LEGENDARY MEETING DECADES IN THE MAKING

For decades, fans have loved CAPCO's Blue Bomber - the original MEGAMAN. While we weren't paying attention, some interns blazed MEGAMAN's return to glory in MEGAMAN 9 and MEGAMAN 10. After his triumph, Megaman entered a long retirement in a land free of spikes, and let Dr. Light's new creation, MEGAMAN X, keep the world safe.

Fan favorite robot, CAPACOM'S MEGAMAN X, the Xtreme Maverick Hunter, has been trapped by Dr. Wily! AND THEN DR. WILY CONQUERED MOST OF THE WORLD! OH NOEZ! The Blue Bomber must return from retirement, and with the help of old friends and new unlikely allies, free X, and engage in legendary single player and cooperative action platforming!

...what's that? Seriously?

COMPCAP announces that MEGAMAN X MEGAMAN X has been cancelled.

JazzmanZ

why is everyone so shocked and dismayed at Capcom?

the company working on this wasn't doing so hot to begin with, and it barely even made an appearance if much media either.
It's just crying over split milk, invisible milk.

I hope nobody is being serious when they say Capcom is intentionally trying to piss off it's fans.

At any rate, the game wasn't looking so hot. Probably for the best.

There will be new Mega Man games announced again one day. They might not necessarily be good, but the IP is certainly not dead.

The chairmans at capcom? Im pretty sure they dont give a shit what the fans think about them and think megaman is a thing of the past.
They only want to win more money and see that western action games can make lots right now.

Slermy

Capcpom to retroactively cancel Megaman 9.

They could do that, just pull Mega Man 9 & 10 from digital distribution services. Hell, they could pull the PSX downloads too.

Make the iOS game the ONLY Mega Man game available to purchase. What a way to boost profits!

Or that still wouldn't sell and they can bury the IP forever.

Don't worry guys. I am sure they are secretly reallocating the funds for all the cancelled games to some American studio so they can reboot Mega Man and make him more gritty, brooding and relatable to Western audiences.

Oh god I hope I didn't just accidentally predict the future.

The chairmans at capcom? Im pretty sure they dont give a shit what the fans think about them and think megaman is a thing of the past.
They only want to win more money and see that western action games can make lots right now.

You honestly believe there's never going to be any [attempts at making] good Mega Man games ever again?

You honestly believe there's never going to be any [attempts at making] good Mega Man games ever again?

When the chairmans understand they are doing wrong or are changed. If we have any luck.
If not, the best thing you will se are iOS games of megaman, or turn it some time into a kind of western shooter.
I would love to be wrong though.

Capcom's now cancelling Mega Man games that people didn't even know existed. This shit's reaching a whole new level.

How long until Capcom cancels new Mega Man games in the same press release in which they're announced?
The next step is they find a way to cancel Mega Man games they have already released 25 years ago. Capcom will find a way!

Davey Cakes

What's funny is that Mega Man didn't even get really bad. It was pretty good up until the end. You had the retro revival games as well as solid (but not great) titles like the ZX ones. It's not like the franchise hit rock bottom; it was doing well in terms of keeping the overall quality up there. There may have been some issues of over-saturation with Starforce/EXE but that's it.

Sonic the Hedgehog, as a franchise, got shit on several times but eventually hit a stride, and now it's back to having relatively decent regular releases. Sega didn't let it go, even when it was at an all-time low. Meanwhile, Capcom is pulling a Mother and treating Mega Man like it doesn't exist, even though the franchise hadn't yet bottomed out.

It's hard to see such a beloved and historical IP getting the shaft like this.

I doubt they even really got much done. The whole thing felt shaky from the start. Now that everything that once was being worked on is effectively gone, I wonder what's next. I say they've been hiding much more.

Top Bottom