• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking Bad - Season 4 - Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

big ander

Has there even been a definitive answer about what the character colors mean? Ie Marie/purple, Walt/green etc.
going off memory here:
Believe Gilligan says on a DVD that Walt's green (which I believe has intentionally been used less over the course of the show) at once signifies his rebirth and his toxicity. He's reborn via his volatile lifestyle.

Marie likes purple because it's the color of royalty, and the constant use of it is there to show her obsessiveness. she's always 100% dedicated.

Nintaiyo

Even though Hank is standing in the promo, I have to imagine he'll still be hobbling around. If I remember correctly, his initial prognosis was pretty grim. It hasn't been all that long since the accident, and I assume season 5 will pick up right where 4 left off.

Really hope enough time has elapsed so that Hank is fully healed. I want him looking for Walt with everything he's got. Hopefully this season starts out just as intense as S4 left off. Can't wait!

It seems impossible that the show ends without Hank discovering the secret. How long until he does? Early this season? mid season finale? The decision about what to do might take Hank some time.

Mistle

If you havent finished Season 4, do not visit the official Facebook page. They just posted a big ol' spoiler image...
gus

It seems impossible that the show ends without Hank discovering the secret. How long until he does? Early this season? mid season finale? The decision about what to do might take Hank some time.

Spoiler quoting just to be safe, but it came up in the Skyler interview:
Does Hank find out and go along with it since his medical bills have been paid with meth money?

If you havent finished Season 4, do not visit the official Facebook page. They just posted a big ol' spoiler image...
gus

I'm so sorry.

I had that shit happen to me here on what I thought was innocent ol' Gaf. Someone had what was on the facebook page as their avatar. Do spoilers not exist anymore or something? :(

Fry

I wonder if this season Skylar and Jesse will share a few scenes again? I don't think it has happened since S1.

Yeah, it happened in the second or third episode (when Jesse was dragging the dealer's body)...

I'd say the chances of happening again are relatively high because of her involvement with Walt's job. But I dunno.

Loofy

Finally finished season 4 so I can look at this thread without getting spoiled.

So any chance season 5 deals with him going full bad, full heisenberg, like mob boss walter white replacing gus' position? might be a corny way to take the storyline but it would be just sooo badass.

Finally finished season 4 so I can look at this thread without getting spoiled.

So any chance season 5 deals with him going full bad, full heisenberg, like mob boss walter white replacing gus? might be a corny way to take the storyline but it would be just sooo badass.

I think the story will slowly build up to that, especially since they released this promo pic for season 5.

cacophony

walt_jr.jpg

Sean

Banned
My theory: The episode begins with Hank discovering Walt is Heisenberg somehow in Gus's office. It's a flash forward. Why else would Hank be walking in an episode that takes place within days of the S4 finale? Alternately, this scene could be at the end of the episode and it's been a week or more since the explosion and Hank is starting to walk without a cane.

I don't think this will be the case, as the two Season 5 promos/commercials released both have
Walt still wearing his nose guard/bandaid thing. That injury would heal a lot faster than Hank's. It seems like the season starts immediately after the events of the S4 finale. though perhaps there will be a time jump.

Vyer

So iTunes is the only way to get AMC shows if you don't have cable/sat service, right? If Mad Men is any indication, it looks like it's available next day.

Sean

Banned
Was just wondering, do we know how much money Walt has left?

Skyler gave Ted $615,000 and Walt gave Saul's bitchy secretary $25,000. I forget how much he had before that though. Has to be mostly all gone by now, right?

Fry

Yeah, most of it is probably gone. How much did Saul say it was going cost him to make his family disappear? 500,000?

He probably has less than half of that.

Hoplatee

Rewatched the last episode a few hours ago and that scene where Gus is waiting in his car and then walks to Tio is so brilliant. The music, the look on his face and knowing what will happen (for the viewer) makes that scene one of my favorites. It's shot so awesome.

Was just wondering, do we know how much money Walt has left?

Skyler gave Ted $615,000 and Walt gave Saul's bitchy secretary $25,000. I forget how much he had before that though. Has to be mostly all gone by now, right?

We don't know for sure. Remember Walt also brought lots of money to the Car Wash every week (we seen him do that once, I believe it was 70k?) and there was still some left in the basement. But yeah, I seriously doubt it will be anything above 200k. Earlier in the season there is a shot with the basement filled with cash and it obviously is way less at the end.

Rewatched the last episode a few hours ago and that scene where Gus is waiting in his car and then walks to Tio is so brilliant. The music, the look on his face and knowing what will happen (for the viewer) makes that scene one of my favorites. It's shot so awesome.

We don't know for sure. Remember Walt also brought lots of money to the Car Wash every week (we seen him do that once, I believe it was 70k?) and there was still some left in the basement. But yeah, I seriously doubt it will be anything above 200k. Earlier in the season there is a shot with the basement filled with cash and it obviously is way less at the end.

Doesnt skylar say he makes about 4mil a year when she is trying to work out how much she needs to launder at the car wash? Maybe she doesn't say 4mil but she may say how much pr month and I worked it out from that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom