• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 3 Beta [Beta withdrawal underway!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

sazzy

Throwing black spiders on people has to be the most evil thing in the world... color me interested.

not only that but.. but with the leaping rune, they jump onto your enemies from far away :D

its awesome!

edit- yiorgos, they are closing the beta on may 1st. best to just wait now. i really dont think any more giveaways or invites are gonna go out now.

Yiorgos

not only that but.. but with the leaping rune, they jump onto your enemies from far away :D

its awesome!

edit- yiorgos, they are closing the beta on may 1st. best to just wait now. i really dont think any more giveaways or invites are gonna go out now.

bummer thanks for the info

If you guys need a Wizard or DH, I'll be plowing through the game as well. Since anyone can skip the cutscenes, I wasn't planning on being able to see them anyway.

Yeah, no. I was that asshole you would have to wait for in Lut Gholein because I would watch the Act cut-scenes every. time. They are so great in LOD they never got old for me.

Definitely watching them the first run, even if I have to single player.

LordCanti

Yeah, no. I was that asshole you would have to wait for in Lut Gholein because I would watch the Act cut-scenes every. time. They are so great in LOD they never got old for me.

Depends of the video quality if I change.

Who gets to decide if the cut scene is viewed now? In the few parties I've done in the beta (since it's unnecessary) I was never able to view any cut scenes despite not having clicked to skip them.

I'd be all for viewing cut scenes, but I figured I wouldn't get the chance. I'm not going to be the guy that demands to see them while everyone else waits though.

Who gets to decide if the cut scene is viewed now? In the few parties I've done in the beta (since it's unnecessary) I was never able to view any cut scenes despite not having clicked to skip them.

I'd be all for viewing cut scenes, but I figured I wouldn't get the chance. I'm not going to be the guy that demands to see them while everyone else waits though.

Yeah that's interesting, I would hope they do it like LOD where the choice is individualistic and you just wouldn't see the other characters until they finished viewing it.

Zek

Contempt For Challenge
It appears that every player has veto power over the cutscenes and even conversations. I really suggest playing singleplayer or with trusted friends for the first time if you care about plot at all.

LordCanti

Thinking about it, I guess there aren't any out-of-engine cut scenes in the beta, are there? Maybe everyone won't have veto power over those, while they will have veto power over in game cut scenes and events (like Leoric talking when you enter his chamber for instance).

Xanathus

To be fair, in the beta I've noticed games with people who have definitely seen the dialogue and cut scenes before because they're close to level 13 but everyone is hesitant to skip the stuff because they don't want to be rude. Yet no one bothers to ask if it's OK to skip scenes :/

TheContact

After playing all the classes until at least start to finish (story wise), I think I'm going to lean towards a Barbarian as my first character for live. There's just something I like about two handed weapons.

I wonder what the criteria for the beta was, played the usa wow beta annd all the euro betas but couldn't for the life of me get a diablo 3 key. Picking starting class is going to be tricky.

I want to play this damn game so bad that I am tempted to buy Diablo 2.

I have never played any Diablo games.

I wonder what the criteria for the beta was, played the usa wow beta annd all the euro betas but couldn't for the life of me get a diablo 3 key. Picking starting class is going to be tricky.

I wish it wasn't tied to your account otherwise I'd love to let you guys try it out. You'd have to be one unlucky sob to not get a key by now since they had like a 100,000 key wave recently I believe.

Probably quite random except maybe for filling in the PC requirements spectrum. I was actually in the D2 beta a million years ago but there is almost no way they tied it to my current battle.net account. All I had registered was Warcraft 3 (which I registered last June) and a looooong defunct WOW account that I barely played to begin with. I don't even think I registered for the beta until late last year. Got in in February.

Calidor

I wish it wasn't tied to your account otherwise I'd love to let you guys try it out. You'd have to be one unlucky sob to not get a key by now since they had like a 100,000 key wave recently I believe.

more like 250k

anyways, tbh the content of the beta was so thin that you can barely make up your mind on which starting class you should pick.

x-Lundz-x

Is anyone else unable to post on the beta forums? My account will not pull up anything all it tells me is an error has occurred and asks me if I want to log out. I can view my account details fine, and the Starcraft forums are fine, just the D3 forums are an issue. Been this way for a few days now.

raven777

I pre-ordered the Diablo 3 CE, but my comp doesn't have DVD-rom.

Would it be possible to download the game client and just use some sort of CD-key/verfication key that comes with the CE to install and play the game without having to buy digital version again?

Carm

I pre-ordered the Diablo 3 CE, but my comp doesn't have DVD-rom.

Would it be possible to download the game client and just use some sort of CD-key/verfication key that comes with the CE to install and play the game without having to buy digital version again?

You'll be inputting the key on your battle.net account and they'll have the client to download, already do.

Teknoman

Hopefully joining via friends list works smooth. Seems like that will be much better than having to organize games first/hoping others find your passworded game.

That's great; is getting delivered to my brothers house so will just get him to give me the CD Key and link it to my account then download it - that should work fine, right?

You can download it now. The only thing you will have to do is install (you cannot do it now) and input CD-Key into your Battle.net profile.

Definitely watching them the first run, even if I have to single player.

My first run is definitely solo - if you rush through and skip parts of the story, you'll be at least somewhat spoiled if you intend to pay attention later. If I'm going to be playing through hundreds of times (thousands?) I want the first experience to be as pure as can be. I'll have to wait for Amazon to deliver my CE on release day as well, so I won't be synced with the midnight launch people anyway.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=33293061&postcount=5165

Yep, I'm a secret Australian developer from Poland...

I havent said anything about gameplay in my last few posts and i havent also said anything that i hate Diablo 3. Where have You read that?
I just dont worship Blizzard and dont think that is unreasonable to except modern rendering tech [not several years old] from one of the most wealthy AAA PC developer.

Ps. I'm actually playing Might and Magic VIII right now...

To be fair, at least one reason Blizzard engines aren't cutting edge for their time is because of their extremely protracted development cycle (for anything that's not an expansion.) The current iteration of Diablo 3 in particular was in development years before DirectX 11 was even announced. With a custom built engine, they'd have either had to scrap tech, or modify it, which would take a not insignificant amount of resources.

It's always possible to get tech upgrades in the future, whether through a patch, or via expansion, as WoW has over time.

IceMarker

Playing PoE makes me realise.... D3 is going to own my soul.
qmpom.gif

Only 1 month away man! ONE. LONG. MONTH.

lordy88

So it looks like all the servers will go up on game day at midnight PST (3:00 AM EST). Not set in stone yet, and this is based off of a CM post in Brazil stating 4:01 AM (four hours ahead of PST): http://us.battle.net/d3/pt/forum/topic/4217492859?page=2#38

As someone from the east coast, I'm a bit bummed if this is the case. I sure hope my gamestop still the midnight launch at least, so I can get my hands on it right at midnight and be ready at 3:00.

I'm not sure how my sleep schedule will work, not to mention I was hoping not to take the day off (I work from home, and essentially run a website on my own), but let's see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom