• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ - Characters, Specials, and Stages Discussion

Laiza

He's a fighter in 2 arcs of Super, one of which is based on the highly successful movie Resurrection F.
Master Roshi's on the Universe 7 team & was in the Resurrection F arc. Roshi's been on the upswing as of late.
Key word: Relevant.

Tien's obviously stronger than he is (recent episode of Super aside...) and even he isn't guaranteed to be on the initial roster. At this point Roshi is just barely more relevant than Yamcha and that's not saying much at all.

Crocodile

If they're separating Goku and Vegeta into two characters why not? People who don't want DBS Trunks still get Z Trunks.

Super Trunks is just Z Trunks with two new forms (SSJ2 and SSJ Rage) and a few new moves (he also uses his sword more). What's the point of having the strictly worse version of the character as well?

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
G8AF68r.png

Glad this is in the OP so we can see how wrong it is in a year

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
This may be the highest effort speculation thread I've ever seen. Puts some OTs to shame. Excellent job OP

cordy

Banned
Straight up, Mr. Satan has a higher chance of getting in the game compared to Caulifla. He's the perfect joke character to put in the game similar to a Dan or Dr. B. Yall hyping the fuck out of these Super characters taking a lot of these spots when it's called "FighterZ." Most of them will be DLC. I'm sure if a good amount of Super characters were in they'd call it "Dragonball Fighters" or something instead. The fact they put a Z there just says something about the roster.

I think a lot of people are going to be disappointed when they see the base roster.

I feel like people are rating Bardock's chances a bit too high. I think he's got a decent shot, but with a small roster, I don't think he's a priority. Plus, if the base Goku model isn't that great, then that would indicate that if Bardock is in, he wouldn't be in his own base form (since he has identical hair) and it would be odd if he were in constant super saiyan mode considering he only had it in that one spin off special...and I guess some of that Heroes stuff.

NeonZ

Mr.Satan hasn't been playable in any of ArkSys' DBZ games. And, in general, the games that included him also had characters like Tenshinhan and Yamcha. So, I don't think his inclusion is anywhere near guaranteed here.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Xavier Woods and Samoa Joe hyping up DBFZ on the Giantbomb stream.

the most mainstream of mainstreams :3

Does no one want kid goku playable? i mean he could be a speed type not powerful close range but could use his powerpole for range.

and his ultimate could be the attack that killed King piccolo

Slaythe

I don't think regular Zamasu fits in any of those categories.

I think caulifla happened too late into the development of the game.

So I think they will want a 3 men team for Dragon Ball Super : Black Hit and Zamasu.

We already have 18 characters. I'd say + those 3.

And then another 3. If it's tien roshi 17 it'd be funny. To complete U7 team.

I think caulifla happened too late into the development of the game.

So I think they will want a 3 men team for Dragon Ball Super : Black Hit and Zamasu.

We already have 18 characters. I'd say + those 3.

And then another 3. If it's tien roshi 17 it'd be funny. To complete U7 team.

I'd be weird to have Black and Zamasu, but don't Merged Zamasu, but I guess it'd also be weird to have Black and Merged Zamasu but no Zamasu.

I got Frieza and Buu, so the only other characters I want that have a chance are Beerus, Yamcha, Videl and Ginyu. I don't have to worry about Beerus, but the other three I'm not feeling too confident on. Maybe saying Videl has a chance is generous lol.

I'd die happy if we got Tao or Arale.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Personally I think the Super stuff will be light in the base game. Maybe that'll be the focus of the DLC.

Hellix

Personally I think the Super stuff will be light in the base game. Maybe that'll be the focus of the DLC.

I hope so. Since Golden Frieza is already confirmed, hopefully it will only be limited to the movies (Beerus, SSB Goku + Vegeta). Maybe do a Goku Black and Zamasu as DLC down the road but I rather have the Z content as the focus.

Neoxon

I hope so. Since Golden Frieza is already confirmed, hopefully it will only be limited to the movies (Beerus, SSB Goku + Vegeta). Maybe do a Goku Black and Zamasu as DLC down the road but I rather have the Z content as the focus.
As mentioned before, Hit got in the Xenoverse 2 base roster at the last minute due to his popularity. He has a pretty good chance of getting in DBF on Day 1.

Giga Man

Going off of the OP's "potential candidates" chart, I'd say Vegito is a lock as well as Super Buu (who isn't listed there). Three Buus sounds excessive, but their movesets are vastly different.

Also, as much as people probably won't like it, I expect GT characters to happen at some point. Maybe just SS4 Gogeta and Omega Shenron, assuming the developers don't want to add a bunch of Gokus and Vegetas and maintain moveset variety as much as possible.

By the way, can I get some love for DB Kid Goku? I want to see him fly in with the nimbus and pull out the Power Pole for some EXTENDed action. DB Kid Goku needs to happen.

Also, Great Saiyaman, please.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Cell's arena is definitely in.

I don't expect Red Ribbon Base or Inside Buu.

Can't believe I forgot Cell Games. That one will be in yea lol.

Have any DBZ games had King Kai's planet as a stage? Seems too small even tho its such an iconic location. You could do Snake Way as the stage with the planet in the background but that's not the same.

Neoxon

Going off of the OP's "potential candidates" chart, I'd say Vegito is a lock as well as Super Buu (who isn't listed there). Three Buus sounds excessive, but their movesets are vastly different.

Also, as much as people probably won't like it, I expect GT characters to happen at some point. Maybe just SS4 Gogeta and Omega Shenron, assuming the developers don't want to add a bunch of Gokus and Vegetas and maintain moveset variety as much as possible.

By the way, can I get some love for DB Kid Goku? I want to see him fly in with the nimbus and pull out the Power Pole for some EXTENDed action. DB Kid Goku needs to happen.
They could include Chi-Chi & give her some of Kid Goku's gear (Power Pole, Nimbus, etc.).

Slaythe

Can't believe I forgot Cell Games. That one will be in yea lol.

Have any DBZ games had King Kai's planet as a stage? Seems too small even tho its such an iconic location. You could do Snake Way as the stage with the planet in the background but that's not the same.

Extreme Butoden, Arcsystem's last DB game had both as stage.

Opa-Pa

Great OP! Thanks for this, I'm incredibly excited for this game but have been too busy lately to check all streams and gameplay footage.

This is pretty much a dream game for me and it looks stunning, wow. I'm so excited I think I'll give Super another try... I dropped it near the beginning due to it just being poorly animated summaries of the movies.

As for characters... Tien would be nice. I want Perfect Gohan too but I think he's a given. Super Saiyaman though? That'd be amazing. Kid Goku too.

HardRojo

I'm good as long as we get Beerus, Hit and Goku Black. Or well, at least hints of them as DLC, though I'm fairly sure Beerus is a lock for the base roster.

cordy

Banned

Thank you. Been saying that.

Beerus
Golden Freeza
SSB Goku
SSB Vegeta

Those will be the only Super characters in the base game. Hit, Whis, Goku Black/Merged Zamasu and Super's Trunks (Install) will probably be in the first DLC.

We really gotta get a roster count.

Village

Yo!

They should put in the dope red ribbon secret parking garage hangar that was in budokai 3. Shit was dope, have sick ass secret street fights in there.

Also It would be neat if Towa showed up

Thank you. Been saying that.

Beerus
Golden Freeza
SSB Goku
SSB Vegeta

Those will be the only Super characters in the base game. Hit, Whis, Goku Black/Merged Zamasu and Super's Trunks (Install) will probably be in the first DLC.

None of those are Super characters.
I think Hit and Black are pretty likely, especially since Dimps bum rushed to get those two into XV2 at launch due to popularity. Arcsys wouldn't have to rush to get them in.
Hit as a character will be over 2 years old when this game comes out.

Giga Man

They could include Chi-Chi & give her some of Kid Goku's gear (Power Pole, Nimbus, etc.).

Like Super Dragon Ball Z? Sounds cool, I guess. I just want to hear Kid Goku say "POWER POLE EXTEND!"

Plus, having the main representative of the original Dragon Ball is just plain awesome fanservice to me.

Laiza

Great OP!

Really hope Raditz isn't in this game. That would be a wasted slot.
On the one hand, I agree, at least in the context of a roster that will probably number 20 or fewer.

On the other hand, I feel like folks aren't giving Raditz enough credit. Yes, he was a nobody in the context of the series as a whole, but he's got one of the most interesting and well-rounded movesets of any character in the series (at least judging by what he gets to show off in Xenoverse 2). He's genuinely a fun character to play as and I would hesitate to describe him as a "wasted slot".

But of course, I wouldn't expect him in the first game at all. Maybe if they make a sequel....

cordy

Banned
None of those are Super characters.
I think Hit and Black are pretty likely, especially since Dimps bum rushed to get those two into XV2 at launch due to popularity. Arcsys wouldn't have to rush to get them in.
Hit as a character will be over 2 years old when this game comes out.

There's 3 things here:

1.) XV2 already had a massive roster filled with fan favorites, it had an over 110 characters day 1, this game probably won't have over 24 and given that it's harder for Hit to be in. There's other characters who are very popular as well, it's not like because Hit's here their popularity decreases.
2.) It's "FighterZ" and I'm sure if there were a good amount of Super characters it likely wouldn't have that in the title.
3.) After this game's done with they'll likely only be adding Super characters for the future titles and DLC. Given that, it makes more sense to get the Z characters out of the way first because we probably won't see them coming back for those characters unlike with Super. They can run with this for at least 3 games I'd say.

And they're not "technically" Super characters because they're in the movies but you know the whole deal with that.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Raditz and Nappa were in ArcSys' other DBZ game (Extreme Butoden), so I'm afraid they're going to take up slots again here. 17 and Dabura would be better replacements (although I doubt Dabura will get in. He's always forgotten)

Bardock had such a cool fighting style in EB though. It was brutal and stylish, completely unlike everyone else's.

Top Bottom