• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ - Characters, Specials, and Stages Discussion

It sounds like you’re expecting this to be a game demo, which it isn’t. They’re testing an unfinished product, specifically a certain feature, with no guarantee it’s going to work. That’s why it’s called a test, so lower your expectations a bit.

This is why I typically don’t participate in betas— just give me the finished product. Hopefully they’ll use this data for a smooth launch :)

The finished product is coming out in two weeks. This is not very reassuring.........

Manus

Finally got into the chibi lobby. Was able to do the tutorial, but never could get a actual match going in ranked or casual.

Was a blast playing the tutorial.

The finished product is coming out in two weeks. This is not very reassuring.........
That is exactly how I feel. As soon as you get in, all the servers are filled. It use to let you pick the region, now it locks you in the region of your location. The issue is just that there are A LOT of people playing this open beta. To get a match, I had to do it before I started getting ready to go to work this morning. And the servers are still practically full at 5am in morning!

Mathrin

I was having the same issue and I figured out how to fix it.

You have to delete the beta then redownload it.

That's what fixed it for me.

Strange. This was the moment I downloaded it - both me and a mate downloaded at roughly the same time and never managed to get in. Might try again tonight.

Pejo

Tried this for a bit last night. Really didn't like that the beta forces you into lobbies. I wish it'd have just been a menu based matchmaking. I had to lower my search to just include anyone, any connection quality, and it still took ~10 minutes to find a match. I'm on West Coast in the US, and it was like 10PM. As for the actual game, I can't really tell if I like it or not. I couldn't find a practice mode, so I was just mainly jamming buttons to figure out what they did between kamehamehas from my opponents. There's a bit too much on my plate right now to really dig into this game, so I'll probably get it on sale down the road. Artstyle is great though, just like Xrd.

Fbh

Played around 8 matches.

Overall I enjoyed it but I think I'll wait on this one.
I'm not experienced at all in Fighting Games (the only one I've dedicated time at getting good at was MK9) but to me most characters felt pretty samey. I found myself and all my opponents playing pretty similarly no matter what character we were using which, even as an inexperienced player, hasn't been the case with other fighting games I've played. I'm sure that more experienced players and pros will find big differences between the characters but I don't know how relevant those will be to me as a casual player.

The connection was also pretty bad for me. It took a long time to find matches and most of them were laggy. In my final, and probably best, fight I destroyed the other guy in the first match, then he destroyed me in the next one and in the third one we were evenly matched, both of us on our last character.....and then the connection just failed.
I know it's a beta but with the came coming out in 2 weeks it doesn't inspire hope.

f@luS

More than a member.
Game is amazing. Never felt more dbz feeling in a game before that one

Hopefully the online ranked will have penalty for rage quitter. Right now there are none

Manus

Finally got a ton of games in tonight after work and absolutely love it! Seems like it's simple to pick up and play too for casuals which a franchise like DBZ needs.

Plus they have nailed the music. I'm going to have to spend extra to get the version with the more music.

xviper

the game is just not for me, don't like 2d fighting games and especially the button mashing type of fighting game and DBFz seems to be the type of Buttons mashing fighting game, i'd rather stick to 3d fighting games such as Tekken and DoA, besides, i suck at fighting games so playing noob friendly ones are better for me

Mista

Banned
the game is just not for me, don't like 2d fighting games and especially the button mashing type of fighting game and DBFz seems to be the type of Buttons mashing fighting game, i'd rather stick to 3d fighting games such as Tekken and DoA, besides, i suck at fighting games so playing noob friendly ones are better for me
First of all there’s no such thing as “button mashing type” yes you can make a combo by pressing a single button repeatedly in the game but also there’re other things you have to do. So button mashing in this game won’t win you games at all. Finish the whole training and you’ll understand what I mean.

f@luS

More than a member.
I wanted to change from fighterz to ultimate edition. Called psn services. They refunded me with no issue so I bought the edition I wanted :) didn’t know Sony was open to refund so easily
Need that original music

FDC1

Greetings DRAGON BALL FighterZ, As promised, we are back with info on an additional open beta test with improvements to the experience. Open Beta Starts Jan 17, 2018 at 9:00pm PST and ends Jan 18, 2018 at 9:00pm PST (24hrs) We look forward to seeing you online once again!

Last edited:

oliander

Is the beta download gonna be available on the playstation store again?

If you're in the US, you can still find it by searching 'beta' in the webstore.

If you're not, then you're probably out of luck! Did you download it the first time? It is still probably in your library if you did.

Ame

Never got around to downloading it the first time.

I just searched it on the Canadian web store and it's there. It only appeared if I type in "beta" in the search.

Last edited:

Manus

So glad they brought back the beta on a day I'm off. I'm doing nothing but playing. Hope the netcode is as good as it was on the last day of the last beta test.

CrewShadow

"The #DBFighterzBETA test is about to begin! Thanks to everyone who participated in the 1st beta. Our dev team is working to ensure an optimal experience for all platforms on Jan. 26 (Launch Day). So, enjoy this open beta w/ online battles on PS4 and an offline trial mode for X1."

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I got the ultimate edition preordered, but I am also reading a bunch impressions of the beta. I want to wait for the full release before I play it myself.

In regards to button mashing.. Eddy Gordo from Tekken was always the character I'd see where players would simply press both kicks over and over again. If you actually play him, all those moves can be broke down into actual strategy. Just because Eddy's moves are easy to do doesn't mean you'll always make the right decision to push a bunch of buttons.

FDC1

Trophy list spoilered below. Steam/Xbox achievement lists will likely be the same (outside of the platinum trophy obviously).

Dragon Ball FighterZ has a total of 36 Trophies (1 Platinum, 5 Gold, 10 Silver, 20 Bronze for a total of 1230 points). Below you can find the full Dragon Ball FighterZ trophy list:

Dragon Ball FighterZ Trophies
Trophy Triumphant trophy
Acquire all trophies.

Snake Way Sensei trophy
Arcade – Complete the Snake Way Course.

Extreme Gravity Guru trophy
Arcade – Complete the Extreme Gravity Spaceship Course.

Hyperbolic Heavyweight trophy
Arcade – Complete the Hyperbolic Time Chamber Course.

Care to Become the next God of Destruction? trophy
Arcade – Complete a course with an S Rank.

I am Goku, the Legendary Super Saiyan! trophy
Story – Complete the Super Warrior Arc.

Ho ho ho… What an Unexpected Thrill trophy
Story – Complete the Enemy Warrior Arc.

My Appetite…Is Insatiable…! trophy
Story – Complete the Android 21 Arc.

Link Level 20 trophy
Story – Raise Link Level to 20.
See Trophy “Link Level 40”.

Link Level 40 trophy
Story – Raise Link Level to 40.

Bye-Bye Buu trophy
Story – Defeat Clone Kid Buu.

Conversationalist trophy
Story – Trigger a special conversation sequence.

To Test Myself, I Too Will Fighter trophy
Local Battle – Play a match.

Ladies and Gents, We Have a Winner! trophy
Tournament – Emerge as champion.

Battle-Ready trophy
Practice – Complete all battle tutorials.

Practice Makes Perfect trophy
Practice – Perform a combo that deals 5000 or more damage in Training Mode.

Don’t Underestimate Earth! trophy
Practice – Complete 30 Different Combo Challenges.

The Power to Go Beyond the Super Saiyan! trophy
Practice – Complete 100 Different Combo Challenges.

Before Creation Comes Destruction… trophy
Practice – Complete 200 Different Combo Challenges.

Goku Isn’t the Only Super Saiyan… trophy
World Match – Play a Ranked Match

You Can’t Win This… trophy
World Match – Play 10 Ranked Matches.

This Pain Will Make Me Stronger! trophy
World Match – Play 20 Ranked Matches.

My Power Level is 530,000 trophy
World Match – Acquire 530,000BP

Casual Combatant trophy
World Match – Play 10 Casual Matches.

Arena Enthusiast trophy
Arena Match – Play a match.

Arena Expert trophy
Arena Match – Play 10 matches.

Just Looking trophy
Arena Match – Observe a match.

It’s Play Time! trophy
Arena Match – Play a Casual Match.

Lemme Play Too! trophy
Arena Match – Play 20 Casual Matches.

Stamp of Approval trophy
Replay – Use a Z Stamp while watching a Replay Channel.

Deep Pockets trophy
Acquire 5,000,000 Zeni throughout the course of playing.

Arena Aficionado trophy
Arena Match – Play 20 matches.

Set for Life trophy
Acquire 20,000,000 Zeni throughout the course of playing.

Millionaire trophy
Acquire 1,000,000 Zeni throughout the course of playing.

Yo, I’m Goku! trophy
Complete a quest tutorial.

Farewell, Tien… trophy
Complete seven or more quest tutorials.

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Reviews have been pretty good 87 metacritic
According to IGN....
43052414.jpg

http://m.ign.com/articles/2018/01/22/dragon-ball-fighterz-review

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
The real question is if I go straight to the lab when I get the game or hop online and get some free wins. Amazon is sold out of the PS4 Day One Edition, might just go digital so I can play late Thursday night. I'm getting no writing done anytime soon, already accepted that

Necro-BUMP! I just found out about this game due to the Nintendo Switch Spring Sale! I am interested in the game, but wanted to better understand the different versions of the game and what it means to buy the barebones version in 2020. Any advice?

ExpandKong

Banned
Necro-BUMP! I just found out about this game due to the Nintendo Switch Spring Sale! I am interested in the game, but wanted to better understand the different versions of the game and what it means to buy the barebones version in 2020. Any advice?

buying the basic game just means you get three Gokus instead of seven.

Top Bottom