• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ - Characters, Specials, and Stages Discussion

royox

Dbz is low on characters as it is so i really don't see them limiting thier usage. As of now goku makes up 12.5% of the roster assuming android 21 is playable. That really isnt that bad all things considered. Now if we get base goku, kid goku, Bardock, Turles, and SS4 then ill start complaining.
Are you considering Black as "another goku?" Because they don't share a single one command

FDC1

DTFnkXaW4AAE7Bn.jpg

FDC1

You don't need a code, you only need to download the beta client and the early access key, give a look to the links I gave a few posts higher

f@luS

More than a member.
I preordered the fighter edition with the dlc. I may want the one with all the music. Anyway to upgrade?
In the music pack in game or just an ost to download ?

FDC1

Yeah, matchmaking doesn't work right now. It will be worse tomorrow when everybody will be there lol.

Last edited:

f@luS

More than a member.
Game is much better looking than I though looking at YouTube video

Is it only 1080p on pro or higher ?

This has to be one of the first betas for a fighting game ever.

WHERE IS TRAINING MODE?

I literally don't have any clue what 90% of the roster that is available to play does because I can't go into training to figure out their movesets/combos. You literally have to go online and just blindly mash buttons against other players because you have no way to test out these characters first. That is not fun. How did they think this was a good idea? How did this even pass through testing? This absolutely ruined the beta for me for a game that I am otherwise stoked for.

njean777

Are the servers not working for US? I am trying to play and it won’t find a match at all... I can say I really don’t like this online lobby though, just give me menus not this stupid little world thing that I have to walk around....

This has to be one of the first betas for a fighting game ever.

WHERE IS TRAINING MODE?

I literally don't have any clue what 90% of the roster that is available to play does because I can't go into training to figure out their movesets/combos. You literally have to go online and just blindly mash buttons against other players because you have no way to test out these characters first. That is not fun. How did they think this was a good idea? How did this even pass through testing? This absolutely ruined the beta for me for a game that I am otherwise stoked for.

This. I’m getting thrashed online. Wish I knew what the characters can do.

splattered

In the world hub walk down towards the bottom left and there should be a training area.

Has different scenarios to teach you the mechanics of the game.

Didn't tinker with it enough to see if you can change characters.

njean777

shit is broken, I tried to load it up 5 times and got network maintenance message... wtf (xbox one X btw)

Last edited:

Gearskin

Neo Member
i think the whole server setup in this game sucks, too much steps, I prefer where fighting game only require u to search a match that’s it, none of this pick a server then pick a match n stuff.

I’ve been playing for a minute but need serious practice. Is there anyway to select your own team and just practice that way or do you have to use the default teams in the practice sessions?

Typhares

Reminds me of the good old days of trying to access mmo on launch day. Hopefully they sort it out before the end of the day, I'd really like to try the game.

njean777

It's almost as if betas are actually for testing server configuration and load

It’s almost as if you want me to buy your game I should be able to play the beta.

Had they at least put in a training mode that didn’t involve online and I could actually play, I wouldn’t be upset, but they didn’t.

Lt. Sweet Jones

Neo Member
It’s almost as if you want me to buy your game I should be able to play the beta.

Had they at least put in a training mode that didn’t involve online and I could actually play, I wouldn’t be upset, but they didn’t.

It sounds like you’re expecting this to be a game demo, which it isn’t. They’re testing an unfinished product, specifically a certain feature, with no guarantee it’s going to work. That’s why it’s called a test, so lower your expectations a bit.

This is why I typically don’t participate in betas— just give me the finished product. Hopefully they’ll use this data for a smooth launch :)

Top Bottom