• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CD Projekt press conference [over]

Perkel

Banned
Didn't saw that posted already: From GOG site:

Come watch CD Projekt RED and GOG.com Special Event

CD Projekt RED and GOG.com Special Event: 18 October 2012 at 18:00 GMT

New Games, New OSes, Cyberpunk® Announcements, and Something Special for Witcher 2 Modders--and more!--will all be announced at this live webcast Special Event.

The developers of The Witcher franchise CD Projekt RED studio and GOG.com the DRM-free, digital distribution platform will host a Special Event on the 18th of October at 18:00 (GMT). The whole event will be streamed online on facebook.com/thewitcher or www.gog.com.

During the conference the developer studio will announce the official name of their futuristic new IP, based on the classic pen & paper RPG Cyberpunk®. More exclusive details about the project will be shown.

Not only console and PC users should tune in for the conference. Mac Computer users should be prepared for a bunch of thrilling announcements including more information about the upcoming release of The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings for OS X.

Speaking of new operating systems, GOG.com will also be announcing that it is bringing the best PC games from throughout history to a new operating system. That’s not all of the news that GOG.com has planned for the Special Event, however: they will also be showcasing several new releases as well as giving gamers a unique chance to get some of the greatest classic games ever made for a literally unbeatable price.

Remember – the live stream from the CD Projekt RED and GOG.com Special Event starts October 18th, 18:00 (GMT). See you then!

So OSX and probably Linux , mod tools for Witcher 2 and Cyberpunk more info.

edit: bolded more. Not only console and PC users ? What this even mean. Cyberpunk for consoles ? Prepare for rage.

Hypron

Can't wait to see what Cyberpunk will look like!

I suppose they won't announce TW3 yet, they're probably keeping it for when next gen consoles will come out.

Fjordson

edit: bolded more. Not only console and PC users ? What this even mean. Cyberpunk for consoles ? Prepare for rage.
I could be wrong here, but I remember Nirolak mentioning in a past Cyberpunk thread that before its announcement, CD Projekt mentioned they were working on two big projects for PC and consoles. Guessing Cyberpunk is one of those aforementioned two projects.

Iceblade

Is Rise of the White Wolf being resurrected yet? There were those retailer listings a while back, but nothing since... You'd think CD Projekt would want to get it finished since the series' newfound popularity.

Ledsen

*checks calendar*

It's september 26th today... why do we need a thread about a press conference that's almost a month away? That's frankly absurd.

Binabik15

Patch Sex Cards into TW2.

Add a gallery mode so you can get a better look at the great models they're using, a la RE5.

I'd buy the game again for a good gallery mode.

Perkel

Banned
These guys have a press conference every other month.
and yet their streams keep dying because people want to watch it.

Last time it was like 20k people ?

Also i thought of something.. What if that new OS is Windows 8 :D ? GOG would troll people.

Sharp

I thought the thread title was announcements, not guessing... Edit: I guess it was edited? Good...

What does GOG on OSX mean? It's just a website. I doubt they could rework most of their catalogue to work on OSX.
A pretty high percentage of their back catalogue runs through Wine with very few issues. It's the reason I haven't had to get a new PC as quickly as I thought. I don't know whether most Mac users want to mess around with that, but GOG could package them up pretty easily. As for DOSBox emulation, that's basically identical on Mac and PC as far as I have been able to determine. With so many of their games already compatible it doesn't make much sense for them not to release "Mac versions," IMO anyway.

antitrop

dont think so
Mid range hardware is like an i5-2500k, 8gb RAM, and a GTX 570. Even that alone would still be more than what the next-gen consoles will be offering.
Still by probably a substantial margin.

I don't think people realize the hardware in the current console generation, is like high-grade PC hardware from 2004.

It's kind of chugging along, but I'm rather impressed Microsoft and Sony have actually manufactured products that were able to stand up to 8 years.

Sentenza

So excited, I really want an awesome, open world cyberpunk game with adult themes so... hopefully this will be it!

A man can dream, but CD Projekt RED is all about "cinematic experiences driven by strong narrative", pretty much like Bioware (just with a better execution), so I don't think they will ever go for an open world game.
Damn, I would kill for a BIG open world game designed by Piranha Bytes but produced with CDPR's production value.

A man can dream, but CD Projekt RED is all about "cinematic experiences driven by strong narrative", pretty much like Bioware (just with a better execution), so I don't think they will ever go for an open world game.
Damn, I would kill for a BIG open world game designed by Piranha Bytes but produced with CDPR's production value.

True.. if the world in Cd Projekt's game is very well done and is a great cyberpunk game, I'll definitely bite. I've just been dying for an open world, cyberpunk game.

VALIS

Steam stats, Sept. 2012

About 3% and falling!

Porting PC games to OSX is now and always has been throwing money down a hole except for a few odd ducks (like Blizzard games).

EDarkness

Steam stats, Sept. 2012

About 3% and falling!

Porting PC games to OSX is now and always has been throwing money down a hole except for a few odd ducks (like Blizzard games).

Every time I go to Steam on my Mac and look at the game selection, it looks basically the same every month with very few new things added. I could understand your point if tons of Mac games came out and people weren't buying them, but that's just not the case.

By the time the Mac version comes out, I've already purchased the game on the PC or consoles. I wanted to pick up Torchlight 2 on the Mac, but the Mac version was pushed back to God knows when. The thing Blizz has going for them is that the Mac version is released the same day as the PC version. Not many other companies do this.

I was hoping that Steam being available for the Mac would change the trend, but that just didn't happen.

diamount

Banned
Every time I go to Steam on my Mac and look at the game selection, it looks basically the same every month with very few new things added. I could understand your point if tons of Mac games came out and people weren't buying them, but that's just not the case.

By the time the Mac version comes out, I've already purchased the game on the PC or consoles. I wanted to pick up Torchlight 2 on the Mac, but the Mac version was pushed back to God knows when. The thing Blizz has going for them is that the Mac version is released the same day as the PC version. Not many other companies do this.

I was hoping that Steam being available for the Mac would change the trend, but that just didn't happen. Still more Mac games than we had before, but I'm not all that much better than it was before.

Probably because Blizzard and Valve games generally have low system requirements, so they know that even macs will be able to run the games smoothly. Not to mention that they probably have the porting done in-house which generally costs less.

EDarkness

Probably because Blizzard and Valve games generally have low system requirements, so they know that even macs will be able to run the games smoothly. Not to mention that they probably have the porting done in-house which generally costs less.

Maybe so, but like console ports, they shouldn't expect people to jump on the game when it's 6 months after the initial release. On top of that, I simply refuse to support Cider ports. There's almost always a performance hit, so why should Mac users support lazy stuff like that? So yeah there may be more stuff for Macs these days, but how much of it is either a late port or lazy port job? I used to use Steam on my Mac all the time, but these days I don't even bother. If developers and publishers don't care, then I won't care either. I know many other Mac users in the same boat.

Zarx

Didn't saw that posted already: From GOG site:

So OSX and probably Linux , mod tools for Witcher 2 and Cyberpunk more info.

Tablets

And Cyberpunk is coming to consoles, probably day and date.

After how the Xbox 360 version bombed? I highly doubt it.

It didn't do that bad the entire game made a profit from less than 1 million copies sold on PC. 500k shipped was probably a very profitable port for them.

DocSeuss

They won't excite me unless they say that they've taken control of the System Shock franchise.

...or No One Lives Forever/Homeworld is now a thing.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Tankshell

Will be keeping a close eye on this, The Witcher 2 is my fav game of this generation. Simply oozes atmosphere like no other game.

Perkel

Banned
Will be keeping a close eye on this, The Witcher 2 is my fav game of this generation. Simply oozes atmosphere like no other game.

You regular whoreson and murderer, The Witcher 1 is better in therm of atmosphere and it is still this generation (2007).
Do not let Broshe cloud your eyes.

Top Bottom