• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CD Projekt press conference [over]

clashfan

mr_toa

It didn't do COD numbers, but you can hardly call it a bomb, especially considering the "limited" nature of the release.

They shipped 500k Units first week and 200k were confirmed sales from that amount

CDProject were pretty damn happy with the first week sales, considering this was a multiplatform engine I doubt the porting cost more than a million or so dollars.

Given the recent comment from Ubisoft, that they were doing ports for Wii U at the €1.00.000 level you're probably in the right ball park here.

antitrop

Did they mention forcing Steam to delete your current install of The Witcher 2 this morning for no reason and forcing you to redownload all 16gb of it?
Because that happened and it's as awesome as it sounds.

Witcher 2 is playable on Macs as of today and apparently their solution to that was to delete your installation down to 266mb and then have you just redownload the entire game, whether you have a Mac or not.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Did they mention forcing Steam to delete your current install of The Witcher 2 this morning for no reason and forcing you to redownload all 16gb of it?

They will probably say 'should have bought it on gog lololol'

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap

so, The Witcher 2 was patched with something.

THE PLOT GETS THICKER

FACE

Banned

That just means it got patched.

antitrop

That just means it got patched.
Ya, you can play it on Macs now.
It still takes fucking forever and a lot of bandwidth to download 16gb. Not worth it, obviously. I don't even own a mac. It's kind of frustrating.

I've been using Steam since 2003, it's not normal for a game to completely delete itself and redownload from 266mb when they release a "patch".

so, The Witcher 2 was patched with something.

THE PLOT GETS THICKER
Only patched with Mac compatibility. It says so right on Steam.

Dennis

Banned
I like how CD Projekt has press conferences with livestreams like other big shots like Nintendo, MS, Sony, EA and Ubisoft.

alphaNoid

Banned
I'm livestreaming while as work
3AQmK.gif

Perkel

Banned
I like how CD Projekt has press conferences with livestreams like other big shots like Nintendo, MS, Sony, EA and Ubisoft.

That's how you build your fanbase. GOG has good karma.

Aren't the Witcher games real big in Europe esp, obviously, Poland?

I read somewhere that 60-70% of total wither 1 coppies were sold in Poland and Russia.
Witcher 2 is also somewhere in those %.

But obviously next Witcher3 will be a lot more global after 2 success

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
predictions:
Theme Park
Command and Conquer
The Movies
older Need for Speed titles
i don't know past that, maybe older SimCity?

a single environmental screenshot of Cyberpunk with no character models showing and more information on what the game is.

Top Bottom