• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

ZangBa

I wish I could map the same attack to 2 different buttons. I want to use Zero but want to charge with a shoulder button and I don't really want to fuck with my other controls for every character.

Phloxy

Another fighter besides Tekken where I can't just invite my friend to do fights and hit rematch to keep on playing. Why can I do this versus a random person I don't know but not one of my friends?

ZangBa

Another fighter besides Tekken where I can't just invite my friend to do fights and hit rematch to keep on playing. Why can I do this versus a random person I don't know but not one of my friends?

But you can do that? I fought a couple friends with back to back rematches last night no problem. Just make a lobby with it set to both players stay on or whatever then invite your friend.

Phloxy

You can but it has to go back to character select each time, it's a pain in the ass I'd rather just hit rematch and keep on playing. It's just a small thing that Tekken and this game don't do and it's super frustrating.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

you can, set the lobby to "both players stay" and you get a rematch option.

But you can do that? I fought a couple friends with back to back rematches last night no problem. Just make a lobby with it set to both players stay on or whatever then invite your friend.
You can but it has to go back to character select each time, it's a pain in the ass I'd rather just hit rematch and keep on playing. It's just a small thing that Tekken and this game don't do and it's super frustrating.

read :)

bubumiao

I just accomplished a goal, spent 45 mins on this combo. As a complete MvC novice I am very proud of nailing this. Literally only just found out and taught myself air dashes and flight cancel thanks to a brief tutorial.

th89q5xk

I know it's laughable compared to what's out there but I am so pleased right now lol. It's a start.

Got the link to that tutorial?

FSLink

Banned
I think I'm gonna stick it out with Nova/Dorm for awhile. They're cheap, tons of fun, and I didn't really use an air dash character last game besides Nova and Doom (so the H unfly H stuff is really fun for me)

HotHamBoy

These combos you guys are posting are cool and all but can you guys pull that off in PvP matches? Online? Consistently?

I want to learn some stuff but I don't need to know anything flashy, I just want simple BnB stuff with lots of utility and low execution.

ZeroX03

Banned
These combos you guys are posting are cool and all but can you guys pull that off in PvP matches? Online? Consistently?

I want to learn some stuff but I don't need to know anything flashy, I just want simple BnB stuff with lots of utility and low execution.

Auto combos are for you.

Dahbomb

Which character though?

For just about every character doing the magic series into relaunch from the ground (or tag) into a super is like easy 5K damage for low effort.

HotHamBoy

Which character though?

For just about every character doing the magic series into relaunch from the ground (or tag) into a super is like easy 5K damage for low effort.

I haven't really played enough with the cast to determine favorites. I've mostly just been grinding out story mode to get a feel for the game. I haven't really put in more than a few hours with it so far.

My friend just rented it so we'll be playing later tonight and tomorrow.

So far I'm liking Gamorah, Jedah, Haggar, Spider Man, maybe Ultron and Thanos.

vg260

Which character though?

I have a hard time relaunching from a mid-screen combo. I know it varies by charcater, but I'm looking for tips with that as well. I think I tend to do the air part too fast so I'm too high up to land in time and dash.

I never really got the hang of the air part of the comnbs in MvC3 down to feel.

I do that same combo I posted in matches just without the fly loops. Getting 5k damage is easy enough here.

FSLink

Banned
Hm, trying to beat Arcade Mode with every character the fastest way possible, and Zero seems very good for the job.

Zero's Sougenmu and just spamming projectiles on Very Easy + Highest Damage just deletes enemies quickly. Do this to get to Ultron Sigma and then Character Select -> characters you haven't beaten the game as yet.

EDIT: Yep, beat Arcade mode with the whole playthrough getting Perfects including the final boss.

wrongway

Welp, I'm officially over this game's presentation. I can't remember what stream I was watching the other day... maybe it was Max who said something like, 'once you get passed the game's trashbag exterior, the gameplay is great.' And I think that's pretty apt now. It doesn't quite *look* like a $60 game, but even as a casual mucking about with the missions, training, and vs cpu, it mechanically feels absolutely fantastic.

Beginners League is really rough though lol. Still experienced players leveling up I guess. At least the netcode feels wonderful. This is such an amazing improvement from SFV, it's hard to believe this is a Capcom game. The last guy I played was a 2-bar and it was perfect. Really fantastic.

Are you interested in learning Dante? I literally just uploaded a video on how to play as him: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KhB_kZTqUg

The BnB I've included seems pretty straightforward to me. Let me know if it isn't and I'll try to help you out.

I've been meaning to learn Jedah since the game launched. It's been easy to re-learn Dante as I used to use him back in MvC3, but now it's probably time to learn a brand new character. If anyone has any tips I'd love to hear them.

wrongway

Oh, though I will say, as a beginner, I really wish the screen would keep my character visible at all times. It's currently easy for me to lose track of my position and not know which way to block, or if I can punsih, or if I've recovered from a move. I know that will sort out in time if I play long-term, but it's kind of peculiar right now.

FSLink

Banned
Oh, though I will say, as a beginner, I really wish the screen would keep my character visible at all times. It's currently easy for me to lose track of my position and not know which way to block, or if I can punsih, or if I've recovered from a move. I know that will sort out in time if I play long-term, but it's kind of peculiar right now.

It's intentional, it's supposed to be very difficult for you to see which way to block if the opponent is super jumping up in the air.

It'll always be kinda difficult, but one thing that helped me in the last game is watching the P1 or P2 icon. In this game it even has an arrow showing which direction you are facing so it should help with figuring out how to block the incoming nonsense.

Dahbomb

I finished the character section of the beginners guide (just an overview of the characters, their role on a team, their best stone, health bracket, difficulty and some video links).

Already above 30 pages on the guide....

This is going to be a really long guide.

Neonep

Slowly figuring this game out. I need to find a way to deliver a bit more damage with my combos. I was having some issues with closing the distance on Ultron and more so Thanos. That thunder projectile is a bitch and a half.

I finished the character section of the beginners guide (just an overview of the characters, their role on a team, their best stone, health bracket, difficulty and some video links).

Already above 30 pages on the guide....

This is going to be a really long guide.
Appreciate you doing this. You truly are da bomb. Puts on shades gif

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
It's funny before the game dropped I was so convinced that whatever my team would end up being, Captain Marvel would be on it. Days later she's on the bench and I'm rocking Chun-li and Gamora. I'll probably visit her again later but I'm not too keen on those flight combos. :lol

Neoxon

It's funny before the game dropped I was so convinced that whatever my team would end up being, Captain Marvel would be on it. Days later she's on the bench and I'm rocking Chun-li and Gamora. I'll probably visit her again later but I'm not too keen on those flight combos. :lol
You gonna rock Monster Hunter or Black Widow?

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
You gonna rock Monster Hunter or Black Widow?

Monster Hunter is looking pretty nasty so there's a good possibility I'll check her out once she's available. Black Widow? Depending on how she plays we'll see. I hope they don't make her gameplay weird like Jill in MvC3.

Top Bottom