• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

Man even chrisg dropped time stone for reality even though his team benefits greatly from time stone on paper... I hope they slightly nerf reality stone for the sake of stone diversity

I finished the character section of the beginners guide (just an overview of the characters, their role on a team, their best stone, health bracket, difficulty and some video links).

Already above 30 pages on the guide....

This is going to be a really long guide.

Awesome. Thanks for doing this.

Neonep

Man even chrisg dropped time stone for reality even though his team benefits greatly from time stone on paper... I hope they slightly nerf reality stone for the sake of stone diversity

No they should not! Also can I get a link to the stream you guys are watching.

Ultron was a bland guy to add to the roster.
But damn if his moveset isn't fun as hell.
He feels like one the few actually fully realized characters in the game. Fun and diverse moveset, quotable (ENJOY THE GIFT OF PAIN), looks great and I'd be lying if I said the red slashing effects on his normals aren't extremely my shit. Also that Pink alt is deadass my favourite in the game.

I think I love this character lol.

Dahbomb

I’d imagine that Capcom may take the SFV approach & wait until after Capcom Cup to do any balance changes.
That's what I am expecting although I hope they do it when they release the DLC characters. At the very least I hope they fix bugs/unintended stuff before that.

Jawmuncher

He feels like one the few actually fully realized characters in the game. Fun and diverse moveset, quotable (ENJOY THE GIFT OF PAIN), looks great and I'd be lying if I said the red slashing effects on his normals aren't extremely my shit. Also that Pink alt is deadass my favourite in the game.

I think I love this character lol.

I really like the Pink Alt as well.
Honestly him and Gamora are probably the most fun character's in the game for me atm.
Hoping Monster Hunter is soon and props up a capcom character for me. Jedah is cool but he's just not suitable for my playstyle.

Dahbomb

Is Team GotG actually viable?
Yes it should be. Gamora is a Hybrid and Rocket is a Support, Rocket can play off of Gamora and Gamora can play off of Rocket.

But viability is relative. This team might be "good" in a vacuum but compared to the top tier stuff it might not be able to keep up.

Dahbomb

I think it's his standing fierce. Not sure exactly what it is cause I haven't used Ultron. It's the air combo where he just keeps using the same move.
Like half the roster can do that LOL

Ultron doesn't even do that much damage compared to the cast, he's like average at best.

Are the majority of people using the reality and soul stones in tournaments?

Yeah reality and soul are one size fits all but you will still see other stones for specific strats. Meta seems to be bubbling up toward reality stone tho. Imo mind stone need a hitbox buff and maybe a slight scaling buff, time stone would get an indirect buff if reality gets nerfed, soul/space/power seems fine as is

Ryce

Capcom is so damn good at adapting comic book characters to fighting games. They're all so distinct and full of personality. Captain Marvel, Ultron, Gamora, and the redesigned Thanos are more fun and interesting than anything I could have come up with, which is why I can't wait to see what they've done with Black Panther, Winter Soldier, and Black Widow. On that note, I want endless DLC support for this game.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Capcom is so damn good at adapting comic book characters to fighting games. They're all so distinct and full of personality. Captain Marvel, Ultron, Gamora, and the redesigned Thanos are more fun and interesting than anything I could have come up with, which is why I can't wait to see what they've done with Black Panther, Winter Soldier, and Black Widow. On that note, I want endless DLC support for this game.

Considering we're getting two females in the coming DLC I'm hoping we'll get more in the future. A Thunderbolts rep along with a Runaways rep is long overdue. Not to mention the X-men of course.

Vice

Reality stone's getting changed right? It's so stupid
It's good for week 1, but it seems like the other stones will get better with time and it's surge is one of the weaker ones. It's just one of the easiest ones to use since the game has only been out for 5 days.

Yeah reality and soul are one size fits all but you will still see other stones for specific strats. Meta seems to be bubbling up toward reality stone tho. Imo mind stone need a hitbox buff and maybe a slight scaling buff, time stone would get an indirect buff if reality gets nerfed, soul/space/power seems fine as is

Time stone is pretty interesting right now because you can super cancel it before your invincibility ends during the surge. Which means someone like Haggar and Thor can do their grab supers right before invincibility ends (has to be manual input, the free lvl3 does not work and comes out after the i frames end). So basically if someone is zoning you out you can zoom in and snatch them. Just super canceling before it ends with other supers seems like it would be useful in general. Morrigan can do her dp super from it and it will always come out.

JayEH

My friend wants to know how to use his ps3 stick

Buy a converter.

Jawmuncher

Just realized the Fighter Card stats screen is kinda shit.

Offline Mode includes arcade matches. So there it says I have 109 matches played and a 109 win streak. While the Online battle data only track Ranked and not lobby matches. Which is something MVC3 used to do. Though it does seem to tally up all the time spent online regardless mode played.

Jawmuncher

jesus christ.

Someone said that the PC version had about 10000 people on the ranked board and that only sold about 20K. So if PS4 has the same sort of rule going. It at least sold through 40K.
I'd wager ATM sold through on all systems (Not shipped) is probably around 100K+.

Kind of hard to go off just ranked though. Since there could potentially be a bigger gap of people who never even try a rank match. But with one of the most common trophies being win a ranked match (or play can't recall). Doesn't seem to be the base probably.

Man Chris didn't seem to have any idea what to do. He kept random switching in neutral and would have his leaving character get clipped because of it.

Top Bottom