• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your Favorite Games You Didn't Seek Out

SoulUnison

Banned
The World Ends With You.

I love Square, and I love Nomura, but it came out completely under the radar for me and I picked it up randomly to fill a long weekend where my boyfriend and most of my dorm-mates were going home for a holiday.
Couldn't put it down soon after starting it straight through to the credits, which I teared up over.

dreamfall

I had a friend give me a pirated copy of the first Hitman game and I was completely blown away. We were still too young to buy M rated games, and I spent so much time coming up with inventive ways to execute hits. It has always been one of my favorite franchises ever.

Soul Calibur 2 came out and I kind of passed on it, until it became heavily played in the dorms. I spent a lot of time with that game, and really loved it.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
My favorite game of all time is KOTOR, which one of my friends in 8th grade surprised me with.

First off, we didn't do expensive gifts - to this day I have no idea why he spent $50 on mine. I think most of us would either all chip in for ONE game, or each give like a $10 gift back then.

I had no idea what KOTOR was. Read the box, see it's a Star Wars RPG from some developer I've never heard of. Put it in my Xbox...

Fastest I've EVER beat an RPG. I played that whole night, didn't sleep, played the whole next day. I had 50 hours into it in seven days. Finished it, and declared it my favorite game ever right then on the spot, and started a replay right then.

~15 years later, and it is still my favorite game ever. Completed it six or seven times now over the years.

Thanks, Ian.

Top Bottom