• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Grand Theft Auto V screens and interview

Looks great for current gen.

I can't wait for next gen consoles, these current ones are holding back what I think that R* could pull off and yet they are being pushed to limits.

UrbanRats

This is my thouhts also. I fail to understand comments like "impecable graphics" or "mindblowing". I'm not even a PC gamer, but the graphics seem just ok, with a very strong aliasing spoiling eveything, and the character models could be better.
The lighting seems good, and the bridge pic looks nice but that's all.
I believe that in motion eveything will look much better, but with those pics I'm not impressed.

Gameplay wise, it's another thing. It really looks great on that department and in the end that's what really maters.

They are mindblowing considering the HW.
I'm not even sure HW talk is allowed, and i don't care for getting banned, but of course people keep it in mind when they made those comments.

Expecting PC IQ from an old HW is silly, when i say a Nintendo 3DS games looks amazing, i don't compare it to The Witcher 2 on ultra.

This screens, considering the scope and level of detail (yeah it's not a corridor shooter) look pretty mind blowing to me, considering the context of the HW they're on.

Raven77

Gamer.NL just confirmed GTA V is using FrostBite Engine 2, looks incredible:

gtavinewood.jpg

They are mindblowing considering the HW.
I'm not even sure HW talk is allowed, and i don't care for getting banned, but of course people keep it in mind when they made those comments.

Expecting PC IQ from an old HW is silly, when i say a Nintendo 3DS games looks amazing, i don't compare it to The Witcher 2 on ultra.

This screens, considering the scope and level of detail (yeah it's not a corridor shooter) look pretty mind blowing to me, considering the context of the HW they're on.

Exactly, it's all comparative to what is being done with what type of hardware and the expansiveness of it. I think it does look "mindblowing" honestly, amazing looking game for what they're bringing to the table on hardware that is 7 years old.

Anyway, one of the highlights for me on one of the interviews:

he reason I say that, because there, for the first time in the history of the series, there is an accompanying soundtrack

That. Is. Awesome. RDR seriously stepped up the bar with its implementation of music at certain points, I honestly can't wait to see what they've chosen for music in certain missions.

Can't wait, 2 more days until trailer #2 drops!

UrbanRats

That. Is. Awesome. RDR seriously stepped up the bar with its implementation of music at certain points, I honestly can't wait to see what they've chosen for music in certain missions.
I hope something akin to this moment from MP3:
http://youtu.be/zEH_LSL4rVw

Plus there was that MP3 leaked vehicle list which featured - skimobile, snowplough, bobsleigh etc.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=474277

Cool beans.
Those may have been exclusive to MP3 though, after all there is a level in New York with plenty of snow, maybe some snowplough in the background (i don't remember any snowmobile, though).

Seep

Lets hope the main characters don't have the turning circle of a cruise liner this time.

Game looks fantastic considering the old as fuck hardware it's running on.

Someone freeze me until this game hits.

legacyzero

Banned
Looks better than GTAIV. I for one just didn't think IV was fun at all. Gameplay felt clunky.

I hope this game corrects that.

Gamer.NL just confirmed GTA V is using FrostBite Engine 2, looks incredible:

gtavinewood.jpg
No, I'm pretty sure you stole that pic from Nicolas Cage's KNOWING.

Could have sworn that was in GTA 4 though it may have been one of the clones. I remember someone commenting that it was raining when I was driving in the rain.

Then again that doesn't really count as a weather report.
They had sprinkles of it in both SA and IV, this sounds more detailed.

They really need to improve on the radio stations. San Andreas' radio each DJ had a character and oozed personality.
In IV they were so sterile and lifeless and so self-serious celebrity worship. Blah.

To their credit, they did have the existential computer DJ, which was the greatest thing they've ever done.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
The character bios for the three give me an A-Team vibe, minus Hannibal.

Shouldn't have to explain who is who.

cacildo

Cutscene + Fetch quest V - This time with more fetch quests and cutscenes

(yeah, after IV im really angry with GTAs)

UrbanRats

That wonder if you can buy gas.

Probably not for vehicles, but the GI article says Trevor took the gas can, spilled it all over the vehicli and then lit it with a zippo.

Haven't destroyed cars always looked like that in GTA? What's so strange about it?

Probably not for vehicles, but the GI article says Trevor took the gas can, spilled it all over the vehicli and then lit it with a zippo.

Haven't destroyed cars always looked like that in GTA? What's so strange about it?

It probably easier to use a flamethrower. Get with the times Trevor.

Top Bottom