• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, so have we basically confirmed that Yajiro is a lolicon? The only thing that really connects Kaisei and the other Tanuki girl is their little-girl-ness. Easy way to cover up the fact that the author haphazardly threw out that whole subplot of Yajiro and Kaisei. I guess Tanuki law might be different.

Cornbread78

Eccentric Family S2 END
aLfeGK0.png
Nice wrap up for the season. The scene with grandma furball and these two crazy kids was very cute and I'm glad that ship will sail some day. It feels like there is still a story to tell here though... Are there more books written?

zulux21

This is not really a spring anime 2017 question, but..

I've been watching Ore Monogatari these couple days and it's amazing!

There's one thing that I noticed though. I feel like this is the first time ever I watch/read a shoujo anime/manga with a male lead. I mean, it's shoujo so normally the lead is going to be a girl. Is there anything else out there which is similar to this one?

I really can't think of much.

like stuff that sorta comes to mind would be toradora, school rumble (which is a male lead despite how the first half of the first season seems) and golden time but none of those would be considered shoujo.

nozaki-kun would be another good choice, but that one I think is more of a female lead than male.

Sonicbug

Wait, so have we basically confirmed that Yajiro is a lolicon? The only thing that really connects Kaisei and the other Tanuki girl is their little-girl-ness. Easy way to cover up the fact that the author haphazardly threw out that whole subplot of Yajiro and Kaisei. I guess Tanuki law might be different.

Are they really that young or is it just how they present themselves as human? I mean, back in season one Yasaburo was walking around as a girl human at one point. They all might be of comparable age. Is Yashiro a genius or older than he looks? Maybe he just looks like he's ten because he happens to be the youngest son... hmm.

I think I'm biting off more than I can chew, but here's my tentative list for Summer:

New Game! 2
Kakegurui
Ballroom e Youkoso
Isekai Shokudou
THE REFLECTION
Made in Abyss
Vatican Kiseki Chousakan
Koi to Uso
Jigoku Shoujo: Yoi no Togi
Shoukoku no Altair
Gamers!
Princess Principal
Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV)
Dive!!
Nana Maru San Batsu
Konbini Kareshi
Katsugeki/Touken Ranbu
Jikan no Shihaisha
Enmusubi no Youko-chan
Youkai Apartment no Yuuga na Nichijou
Hina Logi: From Luck & Logic
Hitorijime My Hero

Shorts:
Netsuzou Trap
Tsurezure Children
Clione no Akari
Musekinin Galaxy☆Tylor
Ikemen Sengoku: Toki wo Kakeru ga Koi wa Hajimaranai
Yami Shibai 5

BasicMath

Eromanga is much better than Oreimo.

Eromanga is much more filthy than Oreimo.

Can't win.
Not exactly.
Oreimo LN >>> EMS LN > EMS Anime >>>> Oreimo Anime

That said, seeing the fanbase react to Oreimo's Anime ending was something that was truly special and enjoyable. I don't think I'll ever see something like that again. It was just all around amazing to see the fanbase think a anime's season was "Ok" then flip completely months after it aired complaining about their cat, how it came out of nowhere and such. It was honestly a revelation to me to find out that a lot of people can't even read the title of the series they watch.

Sonicbug

Eccentric Family S2 END

Nice wrap up for the season. The scene with grandma furball and these two crazy kids was very cute and I'm glad that ship will sail some day. It feels like there is still a story to tell here though... Are there more books written?

A third book is being written, but who knows how long that will take.

Not exactly.
Oreimo LN >>> EMS LN > EMS Anime >>>> Oreimo Anime

That said, seeing the fanbase react to Oreimo's Anime ending was something that was truly special and enjoyable. I don't think I'll ever see something like that again. It was just all around amazing to see the fanbase think a anime's season was "Ok" then flip completely months after it aired complaining about their cat, how it came out of nowhere and such. It was honestly a revelation to me to find out that a lot of people can't even read the title of the series they watch.

What about Rem getting friendzoned?

Cornbread78

Alice to Zouroku- END
In the end, she no longer felt frazzled!
Still lots of questions in the end, but that was cute af at the end. The show really shined after they were done with the edgy crap around ep.5 and became a pretty good show because of it.

Narag

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid 7

Kinda feel bad for Fafnir since they translated his cursed dragon status forever guarding his hoard into introvert that just wants to spend the day at home.

yo what the fuck is this priest vatican detective anime?

It's like it wants to call out to me but there is little to no information about it. Do you want my HBO money or not? Should I be afraid that if it releases next season and it has like no decent PVs yet that it'll have production issues? Maybe they don't want to show anything I don't know.

Chase17

Eureka Seven 1-2
So the Seven Swells defeated the geckostate.

Seems pretty good far. Music is great, and the opening is catchy. I like the main character and his grandpa a good bit already.

Cornbread78

Tokyo Ravens ep.13-14
Will you two just come clean already dammit!

Outside of that, there was some nice magical battles going on here... The plot thickens.

Eureka Seven 1-2
So the Seven Swells defeated the geckostate.

Seems pretty good far. Music is great, and the opening is catchy. I like the main character and his grandpa a good bit already.

The amazing adventure has just begun. Get ready to laugh, cry, get pumped and want yo knock sone fools out, then fall in love.

All in the great journey of Eureka 7

e_i

Alice and Zoroku episode 12

GGvNkNE.jpg

Good ending, however
we see and older Sana clutching flowers thanking Zoroku for all he did for her, which probably means he's dead.
Damnit.

Cornbread78

Alice and Zouroko episode 12

GGvNkNE.jpg

Good ending, however
we see and older Sana clutching flowers thanking Zouroko for all he did for her, which probably means he's dead.
Damnit.

Old man means business, lol.

Damn rabbit learned his lesson for sure!

It's like it wants to call out to me but there is little to no information about it. Do you want my HBO money or not? Should I be afraid that if it releases next season and it has like no decent PVs yet that it'll have production issues? Maybe they don't want to show anything I don't know.

This PV was released a few days ago, or maybe that's what you're referring to?

Have you seen the most recent trailer? It has a fair bit of footage.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Speaking of bullying, I'm watching this documentary about being mixed-race in Japan and one of the stories is about a young elementary aged boy who was being bullied because his name is Alex and the teacher basically told him to figure out how to deal with the bullies himself. So Japanese teachers really seem to be dicks. :p

JulianImp

A Japanese-Argentine half who I met duting my Japanese classes said he was constantly bullied at school back when he was in Japan because he was an Argentine-jin, so his classmates constantly mocked him by likening the "chinjin" ending to good old "chinchin".

I honestly don't get what'd make teachers look away from school abuse... the whole argument about not sticking your nose in other people's business fails miserably for me when a person's supposed to be in charge of others, and still has the gall to turn a blind eye to some people getting picked on by their peers.

Narag

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid 8

Elma's a really nice addition due to the different value set she possesses. Bit with Kobayashi and Tohru at the end was great too but feels like dramatic craft somewhat wasted on a goofyass comedy.

Quasar

A Japanese-Argentine half who I met duting my Japanese classes said he was constantly bullied at school back when he was in Japan because he was an Argentine-jin, so his classmates constantly mocked him by likening the "chinjin" ending to good old "chinchin".

I honestly don't get what'd make teachers look away from school abuse... the whole argument about not sticking your nose in other people's business fails miserably for me when a person's supposed to be in charge of others, and still has the gall to turn a blind eye to some people getting picked on by their peers.

Its weird, especially given the message that manga and anime presents of schools being quite interfering in student life, much more than I'm used to as an aussie public school student. So you'd think they'd get more involved.

Cornbread78

Ai Yori Aoshi ep.12-13
Both episodes were based on Aoi's insecurities with Kaoru since she is not always by his side and feels left oit abd seperated from him at times. Pretty sweet moments between the two to finish off the episodes though

Clov

Next season looks pretty good. All I know I'll be watching for now is The Reflection and Welcome to the Ballroom. Probably Fate/Apocrypha too, just for fun.

zulux21

Next season looks pretty good. All I know I'll be watching for now is The Reflection and Welcome to the Ballroom. Probably Fate/Apocrypha too, just for fun.

at this moment in time I am expecting the reflection to be pure garbage, but I would love for me to be wrong and for stan lee to actually make a decent japanese show for once lol.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

Yeah, it's really sad. In the documentary, the kid basically asked to be sent to Mexico for half a year to get away from Japan and the feeling of alienation and isolation he got from the other kids at school, and when he came back, the parents put him in an international school where he seemingly thrived.
(Except Americans keep insisting on the imperial system like crazy people, so he had no idea what the fuck an "inch" was. lol)

It also created an awkward moment between him and his sister, since she seemed to have a better time integrating into her school and so when he came back from Mexico and started speaking fluent Spanish with their mom, she just ended up feeling like an outsider in her own home.

There are some interesting perspectives in the film though. One was a Korean-Japanese woman who could "pass" as Japanese, but she had so much anxiety about her Korean half that she could only feel comfortable when dating foreign men because she didn't have to worry if they'd hate her for being part Korean.

Anyhoo, the film is Prime if anyone's interested.
http://hafufilm.com/en/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom