• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Overwatch Hero Moira Announced

I like her Design a lot. Reminds me a little of Bane.
Not a fan of hair face/hair though.
Mostly the hair. Legendary skins will probably fix that.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Sounds cool. Those pipes on her give an obvious visual indicator of what she's doing, her tall, lanky body has a unique silhouette, and her personality is a lot more harsh than our other main healers.

She also looks decently vicious too, which is pretty nice for a support like her.

Not bad at all. It's nice to see a healer that feels MEAN, both in personality and attack style.

I like her attitude. Not a big fan of her look though.
I read about comparisons between SFV's FANG and Battleborn characters. I get that vibe too.

Blam

I'm sorry Blizzard what the fuck? This is probably the most out of place character I've ever seen. It looks like paladins and battleborn mixed together.

Lynchian

Honestly, Orisa, Doomfist and Sombra also seemed out of place. Give her time, we're just too accustomed to the veterans that any new hero appears jarring at first.

NeoRaider

I think that her design is fine. Compared to Orisa for example.
She is something i wanted in Overwatch for a long time now, i love everything about her and don't get all the hate.

Can't wait to see her skins. Anyone have info when will she be available on PTR?

ItsTheNew

I believe any game made before 1997 is "essentially cave man art."
She looks gross. Too busy of a design, ugly face, long arms, looks like a gearbox character.

Xiaoki

I'm sorry Blizzard what the fuck? This is probably the most out of place character I've ever seen. It looks like paladins and battleborn mixed together.

Out of place? In what way?

Excluding the weird eye mask her outfit is a collection of elements from other characters.

She has the metal fiber "muscles" from Genji, the the hacker hand from Sombra and the spine needle things from Noire Widowmaker.

Seriously, theres no way you can judge something as "out of place" if you have no idea what the game actually looks like to begin with.

The colors are not working for me (at least completely). There is a purple hue going on, but then her hair is organge and her accent colors are black, and then her massive beam is this green/purple. I don't understand the color combination.

As for her face. It's not a traditional sexy face- It's unusual. It reminds me of Cate Blanchett x Conan O'Brian. The long face, perturding chin. She looks tall.

I like how many of the characters in overwatch have unusual looks about them. Mercy and D.VA are still looking super sexy-fanservice as hell. It's characters like this and Mei that shows that character design can be something more, and I like what they tried to do with her.

But as I said, I don't understand the colors for her outfit and her powers. The rest of Overwatch feels out of place. It's not a very connected universe in style or tone, but it gets away with it. It uses a lot of character cliches to hammer home archertypes, both in lore (anti hero, noble villain, self righteous defender, violent antagonist, mysterious stranger..) and in character type (Ninja, Cowboy, Cyborg, Soldier, whatever)

B5c1_tcIMAEYp63

nded

Oh yeah, didn't Arnold Tsang step down from being character concept art lead? All the new characters after Sombra don't seem to have that same mojo the rest of the cast has.

FCKAFD

Looking good but eh...yet another white chick? Really? I was kinda hoping we finally got a black girl . showing all of their players some love seems to be asked too much i guess?
Oh and and way to reinforce the gender stereotypes...girls must be supporters or healers amiright?

Looking good but eh...yet another white chick? Really? I was kinda hoping we finally got a black girl .

Every additional character have been people of color so far. Moira is the ”only white chick" added so far, so I'm not sure what you mean by ”yet another"

NeoRaider

Looking good but eh...yet another white chick? Really? I was kinda hoping we finally got a black girl . showing all of their players some love seems to be asked too much i guess?
Oh and and way to reinforce the gender stereotypes...girls must be supporters or healers amiright?

Are you serious with this post??

Kid Ying

And I thought Orissa had a terrible design

Way to go Blizzard
I love Orisa. It's one of the best designs to me.

This one though... Not a fan at ALL. At least she looks fun to play. Although Doomfist also looked fun and i think he's the worst character in the game by Far.

I want to see that teleportation thing in more details. Her ultimate seems pretty cool.

meerak

I’m not a fan of the design at first blush, but curious how the hardcore community will react over time.

Top Bottom