• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Overwatch Hero Moira Announced

Big Chungus

Fingers crossed that next time we get Reinhardts friend.

giphy.gif

isn't that torbs daughter?

Yeah, she looks absolutely awful. What were they thinking? Hopefully there's a skin that just hides... well basically everything.

EndMerit

That long face of hers is like Fang from Street Fighter V all over again.

I see some David Bowie vibes in her face as well, but then again that man was a shapeshifter.

xviper

she looks weird, like she's not from Overwatch, she looks like a guest character from Paladins

anyway, not a main of supports, where is my new defense hero, Blizzard ?

What the shit

You never heard of ziggy stardust?

I can assure you, I am well "with it" and know of Ziggy Stardust.
Whilst I hate everything about the design, the star on the face is the worst part. It looks like she's had her face buried in a blueberry pie.

breadtruck

Her design looks bad, hopefully one day there's a decent alt skin, because right now... woof.

Her abilities looks like a better Zenyatta, which is bullshit. Just buff Zen a little, dont render him useless with another character. Whatever, we will see how it really is soon.

Id rather see the chem-suit guy come to life.

cjSsFeO.jpg

wakuboys

Neo Member
I find the reveal that Gabriel was turned to reaper by Moira to be disappointing. I was hoping that Mercy would be given an actually interesting backstory considering most of the cast's backstory can be summed up in one sentence and there either isn't anything more to it than that or it is just bad.

SoulUnison

Banned
I dunno, she looks really generic

I'm starting to think people just want generic fanservice female characters.
There's a couple posters in here that seem to be literally unable to make a post without commenting on a female character's physical appearance.

Moira doesn't completely work for me - I think she's a bit overdesigned - but at least she's something *different.*

Jacqli

I find the reveal that Gabriel was turned to reaper by Moira to be disappointing. I was hoping that Mercy would be given an actually interesting backstory considering most of the cast's backstory can be summed up in one sentence and there either isn't anything more to it than that or it is just bad.
Yep, I liked the theories that say Mercy is not as good as she claims or appears. And I am pretty sure there were voice lines where the Reaper transformation was kind of imply it was Mercy's fault? At least there was an exchange between both before the match or something like that.

I'm starting to think people just want generic fanservice female characters.
There's a couple posters in here that seem to be literally unable to make a post without commenting on a female character's physical appearance.

Moira doesn't completely work for me - I think she's a bit overdesigned - but at least she's something *different.*
But look at Ana, she is original and different (a cool ass old lady) while I do not think she is attractive (not her first skin I mean), but this one is the opposite for me. The naruto run, the evil colours, the phantom mask… To be honest, I think Sombra was their last best design and if what other poster said is true, that the lead designer stepped down, then it would make a lot of sense to me.

And let's be real. Half of the appeal/success of this game lies on the characters and art style.

EvB

Why do you think that she is "so ugly"?

I would guess because everywhere else on the internet is speculating that the character is Transgender, so I presume these kind of comments are simply posters who already are aware of these theories are being transphobic before it has been mentioned in the thread.

Setting their stall out early as it were.

They are all conventionally attractive female characters. skinny and all butts and boobs.

you're right. Orisa's big butt does it for me.

lol.

but i agree with everyone else, moira's design isn't that great (for me) but i suppose she looks more unique than the other women.

I would guess because everywhere else on the internet is speculating that the character is Transgender, so I presume these kind of comments are simply posters who already are aware of these theories are being transphobic before it has been mentioned in the thread.

Setting their stall out early as it were.
Thats one hell of an ignorant assumption to make.

EvB

Thats one hell of an ignorant assumption to make.

It's an assumption, I wouldn't say it was ignorant however.

Perhaps the users making those comments are actually ignorant and shouldn't be responding in the way that they have, if that isn't their motive to do so.

Fuz

Banned
Her design is horrible.

But, apart from Ana who is awesome, all the "new" characters design is terrible.

I'm "that guy" that defends Battleborn everytime people who've never played it shit all over it, but even I can definitively say that Moira's design is so awful it would have been rejected for Battleborn. It's that bad.

It's really surprising that they would even show anyone a design this bad nevermind actually implementing it into the game, aside from being a badly designed character it just doesn't fit with the art style at all.

That said, I think the way the character plays looks pretty interesting, the only issue I have is with how out of place the character design is in a game with such an otherwise consistent art style.

Toni

I'm "that guy" that defends Battleborn everytime people who've never played it shit all over it, but even I can definitively say that Moira's design is so awful it would have been rejected for Battleborn. It's that bad.

It's really surprising that they would even show anyone a design this bad nevermind actually implementing it into the game, aside from being a badly designed character it just doesn't fit with the art style at all.

That said, I think the way the character plays looks pretty interesting, the only issue I have is with how out of place the character design is in a game with such an otherwise consistent art style.

Moira was most definetly a favorite from one of the higher-ups at the Overwatch team and pushed her out. She makes no sense in Overwatch.

Veggy

Her design is horrible.

But, apart from Ana who is awesome, all the "new" characters design is terrible.

The hell? Sombra and Doomfist look great

Orisa is kinda "meh"

Moira does look out of place though, I like her Bowie and Kiss skins and her playstyle looks really fun but.....why did they give her a shitty Naruto run....

NeoRaider

Moira was most definetly a favorite from one of the higher-ups at the Overwatch team and pushed her out. She makes no sense in Overwatch.

She does make a lot of sense in Overwatch. Especially with her lore. Ppl are generally interested in her a lot and reacting positively. She already has many fan arts, ppl cosplaying her... etc.

Previews for her were all great! Journalists and fans agree that she is one of the most fun healers in the game.

There is a place for character like Moira in Overwatch. Actually i think that Moira is huge refresh and what Overwatch needed!

Vbrasa

I like her design and I feel like I'd have a lot of fun playing her.

I might actually play overwatch once or twice more just to give her a shot, then let it collect dust until the next hero comes out.

Maester

Neo Member
Moira looks great and plays AMAZINGLY. Don't care about others, I love her character design.

Her right click is on point with Zarya's weapon.

KanameYuuki

At first I wasn't a fan of her design but as time goes by it keeps growing on me, I think the biggest problem is that stupid piece of metal of her eye, and worse if that even more stupid second set of metallic mini eyebrows, just look at her Glam skin and how much her design improves. That thing on her face looks like a first upload edgy design on Deviantart.

SirNinja

That was fast...guess they didn't find anything buggy on the PTR.

Good to have another support hero. Should make 6v6 Lockout Elimination a little more flexible with regard to how many healers should be picked each round.

Minamu

I hate the ress nerf :(

Moira seems alright but I think the hands/icons/triggers for heal and damage are mixed up.

Xiaoki

That was fast...guess they didn't find anything buggy on the PTR.
Well, except for the various bugs that Moira has.

Like she can not attack Torbjorn's turrets and sometimes her Drain beam will lock onto the payload.

Not sure if they fixed her jump boost during Fade. But they probably did, if a bug is beneficial it gets fixed right away, if it's detrimental it takes forever to fix.

NeoRaider

Well, except for the various bugs that Moira has.

Like she can not attack Torbjorn's turrets and sometimes her Drain beam will lock onto the payload.

Not sure if they fixed her jump boost during Fade. But they probably did, if a bug is beneficial it gets fixed right away, if it's detrimental it takes forever to fix.

And i was wondering why i can't do anything to Torbjorn's turret...

Top Bottom