• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Thor 3: Ragnarok | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
thorragnaroklogo.jpg

Principal photography for Thor: Ragnarok is reported to take place on July 4, but since it's already the 4th in Australia, I figured it's time to start the Production Thread.

Release Date:

November 3, 2017

Director:

Taika Waititi

Cast:

Chris Hemsworth as Thor
Tom Hiddleston as Loki
Idris Elba as Heimdall
Anthony Hopkins as Odin
Cate Blanchett as Hela
Tessa Thompson as Valkyrie
Jeff Goldblum as Grandmaster
Karl Urban as Skurge
Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner / Hulk
Benedict Cumberbatch as Doctor Stephen Strange

Synopsis:

In Marvel Studios’ ‘Thor: Ragnarok’, Thor is imprisoned on the other side of the universe without his mighty hammer and finds himself in a race against time to get back to Asgard to stop Ragnarok—the destruction of his homeworld and the end of Asgardian civilization—at the hands of an all-powerful new threat, the ruthless Hela. But first he must survive a deadly gladiatorial contest that pits him against his former ally and fellow Avenger—the Incredible Hulk!

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...t/news-story/4f26709e794669fa0894b7c320ebb163

THE Gold Coast will be reborn today as the centre of Marvel’s universe as Thor: Ragnarok’s galaxy of superhero stars converge on the city for a gladiator-style showdown.

The blockbuster’s A-list leading men were spotted out and about on the Coast at the weekend as production crew worked hammer and tong to finish one of the huge outdoor sets being built for the film on the lot at Village Roadshow Studios, Oxenford.

As Thor: Ragnarok’s cast rolled in, a small army of crew worked through the weekend as they race to finish building a huge outdoor village circling what looks to be a Gladiator-style battleground on the western side of the studio lot.

The arena — the perfect place to launch a Mjolnir (Thor’s hammer) — adds weight to reports Thor: Ragnarok’s storyline will see Thor encounter the Hulk on a violent planet where The Grandmaster (Jeff Goldblum) has forced Hulk to compete in Gladiator-style games.

Production sources said the outdoor set was “three-quarters” done.

“They’re running about two weeks behind schedule but that’s not that unusual for a film of this scale,” a source said.

“It just means they won’t have as many “rain days” in the production schedule.”

Several space ships will also feature in the film, with Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige confirming “80 to 90 per cent” of Thor: Ragnarok’s story “takes place in the cosmos”.

“There are only a couple of scenes on Earth in this movie, ” he said.

ee5eb4d1c8268edc755a4b80c4deb81b

1be450aa3fabe82244b62ef6eae26e97

2bf1db725f22645bf6fee3fc9acf8ac6

3a75b124e84ad44bc9d066dce466ac43

RDreamer

I'm still afraid to watch the 2nd Thor movie because the 1st was so ridiculously bad. Hopefully they pull something out of this one...

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I'm still afraid to watch the 2nd Thor movie because the 1st was so ridiculously bad. Hopefully they pull something out of this one...

It's a Thor movie. If you didn't like the first one it's not for you. If you expected a Thor movie to be better than the watchable fun first one was then you're ludicrous.

Pumped to see what Taika Waititi does with this. Thor franchise needs a (big) shot in the arm and I think this could be it, especially given the impressive cast Marvel has assembled.

What about Zachary Levi tho

I hope he's still in.

Also cautious about this. Not been very enthusiastic about the way Thor (in general) has been handled in the MCU.

jett

D-Member
Extremely low expectations. What We Do In The Shadows was pretty decent but whoever directs these movies matters little.

-griffy-

Banned
This isn't a Thor thread until Darcy is mentioned. And you better believe it I wasn't on mobile at my cabin I'd have a tumblr gif to go with that mention.

Quick

Banned
I'm in the minority in that I didn't hate The Dark World, and really liked the first Thor movie.

So, I'm in for this one. Cast also looks legit.

Gonna miss Jane and Darcy. I thought Thor 1 was fun and Thor 2 was ok. I didn't hate myself after watching it like I did with BvS. It's probably the worst MCU movie though.

This cast is crazy though so I'm expecting better here.

I'm in the minority in that I didn't hate The Dark World, and really liked the first Thor movie.

So, I'm in for this one. Cast also looks legit.

Dark World really wasn't as bad as people made it out to be. I think it felt a little chaotic, and wasted a lot of potential, but it wasn't bad.

guek

Banned
Dark World really wasn't as bad as people made it out to be. I think it felt a little chaotic, and wasted a lot of potential, but it wasn't bad.
The pendulum of enthusiasm has swung the other way for the MCU to the point where if you're not amazing, you're garbage. Even great movies like Civil War have its fair share of people disappointed the movie didn't culminate in an orgasmic round of felatio by the time it ended. Marvel is in a lot of ways a victim of their own success and is frequently held to a higher standard.

They just can't get away with making "ok" movies anymore.

ibrahima

Banned
Whereas with Strange I am cautiously optimistic yet a little unnerved I can only describe myself as fucking pumped for this movie. Taika Waititi gonna deliver a feelgood buddy-cop cosmic action movie you didn't even know could exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom