• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Thor 3: Ragnarok | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hystzen

So they going to waste Jeff Goldblum, Karl Urban and Cate Blanchett for more Loki like they did with Thor 2.

Wait a minute, is the director the New Zealand guy who's worked with Jemaine Clement on tons of things and directed What We Do In The Shadows?!

Zetta

Will watch for Karl Urban as Skurge and Jeff Goldblum as Grandmaster, this movie has a great cast and I can't wait.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Does the Thor trilogy have the potential to be the only film trilogy in history where only the third instalment is moderately engaging, with the previous two being total duds?

Blader

Does the Thor trilogy have the potential to be the only film trilogy in history where only the third instalment is moderately engaging, with the previous two being total duds?
Star Wars prequels?

I really liked the first Thor

Pachimari

I'm really excited about this one because of Taika Waititi, but primarily because I really loved the first Thor movie. And seeing how 90% of it will be in the cosmic Marvel, Hulk having to compete in the arena, the Grandmaster and Valkyrie being introduced and all of this being ragnarok is damn amazing. Super hyped about Thor: Ragnarok.

so what's so special about the director?

Give What We Do In The Shadows a watch. It's a mockumentary following a household of vampires in Wellington, New Zealand who are struggling to fit into the 21 century. He also had a hand in Flight of the Conchords, and I recall liking Eagle vs Shark, although haven't seen it in a long time.

Very good at dry comedy and I'm excited to see what he brings to Thor.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Give What We Do In The Shadows a watch. It's a mockumentary following a household of vampires in Wellington, New Zealand who are struggling to fit into the 21 century. He also had a hand in Flight of the Conchords, and I recall liking Eagle vs Shark, although haven't seen it in a long time.

Very good at dry comedy and I'm excited to see what he brings to Thor.

His latest film Hunt for the Wilderpeople is also supposed to be really good, and is a buddy road film like Ragnarok.

Anung

Un Rama
giphy.gif

She should have been Jane Foster instead of Natalie Paycheck.

Monocle

So they going to waste Jeff Goldblum, Karl Urban and Cate Blanchett for more Loki like they did with Thor 2.
Pls shush, everything connected to Loki is awesome, and those actors will hardly be wasted, I'll bet. So much cynicism.

Extremely low expectations. What We Do In The Shadows was pretty decent but whoever directs these movies matters little.

Maybe in the early days. Since CA:TFA turned out to be a very Joe Johnston-esque movie, Thor 2 and Ant-Man were probably the only two MCU films that didn't feel distinctively the director's own. Both of those had directors replaced during pre-production. And Joss Whedon and James Gunn have both gone on record to say that they pretty much have complete creative freedom.

Jigolo

If this movie isn't in contention for top 3 best MCU movie when it comes out I will watch Thor 2 as punishment

HeySeuss

Somebody please explain to me as someone who doesn't read comics, how the hulk can be forced into gladiator combat when he could do whatever he wants? Or does he just enjoy it?

Maybe leverage because the person that runs it controls the space taxi racket?

Help me out here...

Sulik2

Somebody please explain to me as someone who doesn't read comics, how the hulk can be forced into gladiator combat when he could do whatever he wants? Or does he just enjoy it?

Maybe leverage because the person that runs it controls the space taxi racket?

Help me out here...

He had a control device implanted in him that Silver Surfer destroyed when they fought in the arena. In the comic it was a combination of the hulk being weakened by the effects of the wormhole and being on a planet with much stronger beings and technology that let them implant him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom