• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infinite Minigolf (Zen Studios)

Blue Lou

F1NqAgT.jpg

I spotted this announcement on Facebook earlier. Zen Studios are to release Infinity Minigolf this Spring.

Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxJd1tu6X3Y

Online multiplayer

Up to 8 players in a match.

Platforms

No Vita.

VR Details

Zsolt Kigyossy said:
We are using a 3rd person camera positioned over/behind the character while aiming. Once you hit the ball, you can follow the ball with your head, or, if it gets too far away, you can use the re-position button, which gives you a new camera position near the ball by teleporting there.

Leaderboards

Zsolt Kigyossy said:
There are leaderboards for each course / hole in the game. You can see the top score (world record) as well as where you rank.

The quotes are taken from comments made on the PS Blog.

I'm not keen on the character design and the overall wackiness. I wish it were a little more grounded/realistic. I'm not saying it needs to be 100% realistic, either.

Drain You

looks kinda neat, I'm always a sucker for course creations. Might pick this up on Xbox or wait till I get my hands on the swtich.

PSFan

It looks like it is literally "mini" golf. That one section looked like they were playing in a giant bedroom lol. It looks like fun.

Kouriozan

Just saw a gameplay video on a TV channel
(on Gulli / France)
and thought it looked very interesting.
Now I'm looking forward to it.

mao2

Looks great, hopefully it plays better than Planet Minigolf which I didn't really find enjoyable. Also, the music in this trailer sounds like it came from CastleStorm.

Raitaro

I'm not keen on the character design and the overall wackiness. I wish it were a little more grounded/realistic. I'm not saying it needs to be 100% realistic, either.

I'm with you on this. I like the design of the environments more than the quite generic Western cartoony characters I think. Hopefully the gameplay will be cool.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
A reminder that the game is due to go up in price on Steam once it moves out of Early Access.

ffvorax

The VR support description doesn't look interesting at all... they could have given an option to have a first person camera, like some MOVE minigolf games on PS3....

barit

Probably not the wisest choice...

2 playing now
2 today's peak
14 all-time peak

God damn. I can only repeat myself Zen Studios:

1. go to HBO
2. beg for GoT license
3. Make what the studio is fame for: awesome pinball tables
4. profit

There is no ??? because you don't need magic to sell GoT

tyler

I'm with you on this. I like the design of the environments more than the quite generic Western cartoony characters I think. Hopefully the gameplay will be cool.

I was hoping you'd be able to create something a bit more 'traditional/classic' too i.e. Still lots of greenery, with set pieces like moving windmills, clown faces:

tumblr_mddypg4dSs1r283lbo1_500.gif

Unfortunately everything I've seen of this is a bit too wacky (yes even for crazy golf) with the power ups. Whilst at the same time a lot of it still looks very bland, especially course design.

The editor seems to rely on the hole being central in a final piece of a set size and I haven't even seen any banked sides.

This is all from the few videos I've been able to watch though, I'm still hoping what I'm looking for is hidden away in the game. Otherwise hoping the Clap Hanz team make a couple of Mini Golf courses within the new Everybody's Golf.

Robin64

Zen Studios have confirmed that courses will be shared across Steam, Switch, PS4, and Xbox One. Good stuff!

I had been waiting for this on my Switch all morning and then read the news, hopefully this get's sorted quickly, this looks like such a fun game.

Robin64

Any impressions from people who grabbed it a console where the game is out, while we Switch owners sit and twiddle our thumbs?

flkraven

Watched people playing this on twitch. Looks like mini putt version of powerstar golf. Looked neat, but after watching about 30 minutes of gameplay I've concluded that the levels are relatively boring looking.

Just found in the switch news.

It's a "nice, seems fun and solid but the tracks are short and the physics seems some wacky..."

Any impressions of the game in switch?

tyler

I'm still tempted by this on PS4 but can someone with the game confirm:

1. Can you make a full course i.e. Link 9 or 18 holes called 'Super Fun Amazing Course 1' or do you just create individual holes and publish each one separately.

2. Can my created courses be played 2 player local.

3. In the editor can you change the surfaces at all? Or is it just cardboard (giant room), brick (spooky zone) or snow/ice (santa area) i.e. Are there any tiles for say carpet in the giant room courses.

I can't help but espouse my love for Hot Shots anytime we talk Golf games. But Zen is a good studio, will certainly look into this.

Would love some Switch impressions, looks fine on Steam but i want portability.
Briefly played docked mode, seemed like 1080p and 30fps. Undocked it‘s still smooth but doesn’t look like 720p. Had 2 crashes in ~4 hours of playtime.

Game itself is quite fun, not the usual Golf It! or Golf With Your Friends. It’s more about power ups and stuff than getting a hole in one, which does boost your points though. Winner get‘s decided by points, but there is a classic mode for multiplayer iirc.

Controls are a little bit weird. You use your left thumbstick to aim and right thumbstick to choose the power level. The travel distance of neutral to top of the thumbstick equals 0% to 100% shot power, which is really flimsy, especially with the small JoyCon thumbsticks. Sometimes it registers decreasing the power level as letting go of the thumbstick and shoots, which is a little bit frustrating.

valeu

the game is great in VR. the areas are very detailed, clear, jaggyfree, beautiful. you feel very immersed in the place. the game seems simple but there are multiple difficulty levels to unlock where you have to think about getting a good line and max points. i haven't tried building a level yet. maybe taking shots with Move controllers could be added, but using the ds4 is precise

Top Bottom