• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu Readers pick Demon's Souls as the best PlayStation 3 game ever

Cess007

Honestly there's no cringefest like that in previous Final Fantasies. FF13 was cringey because it's creator was cringey

imaginebeinginthataudience.jpg

ka7MD.png

.... what?

Sometimes I worry about the J-gamer's taste. But then times like these occur and I realize that may only be a self-perpetuating perception problem, and that everything's actually pretty good over there still.

Wagram

List proves XIII isn't as universally hated as some believe. Incredibly divisive, but a lot of people do like it.

Kinda surprised at Persona 5 being so low. Curious about that.

entremet

My rankings:

1. Demon's Souls
2. Dark Souls
3. TLOU
4. Uncharted 2
5. Dragon's Crown
6. MGS4
7. SFIV (Various Incarnations)
8. Pixel Junk Shooter
9. Journey
10. Super Stardust HD

Ravage

I would replace FFXIII and Vesperia with Ninokuni and Resonance of Fate in the Top 10, but great list nonetheless.

Opa-Pa

I was gonna say it's the first time I see jaoanese players showing good taste and then saw some of the other games in the list lmao.

Still great that it's seeing recognition though. Demon's was gen defining and the start of something beautiful.
I like DaS better tho!

brawly

People actually liked MAG? wauw. That shit got resold with the quickness.

Anyway, Demon's Souls is the best exclusive but Dark Souls is the GotG for me.

LP1 was fantastic. LP2 was very coop focused and as a result very meh.

The games are 80% off on steam atm so now's a great time to check em out. I'm sure you could hunt down some used PS360 copies easily (and cheap) enough if you prefer playing there.

LP2 with a friend or two becomes on of the best co op experiences. Solo it's average.

Hugstable

Banned
Well deserved. Demon Souls is amazing. Went back to visit the game early on this year and ended up powering through it like 5 times

My rankings:

1. Demon's Souls
2. Dark Souls
3. TLOU
4. Uncharted 2
5. Dragon's Crown
6. MGS4
7. SFIV (Various Incarnations)
8. Pixel Junk Shooter
9. Journey
10. Super Stardust HD

For me I'd replace Pixel Junk Shooter with Flower and Stardust with 3D Dot Game Heroes.

Nice! I'd swap out PJS with Pixel junk monsters, but that's just me.

Eden is still my favorite of the Pixel Junk games. There was something special about that one haha

renzolama

Agreed. Demon's Souls launched an entire genre of action RPGs (which has so far been populated mostly by From, unfortunately) with major critical and financial success. It was a big risk as a game that defied the contemporary trend of lowering difficulty for mainstream appeal, and it showed an entire generation of new "adults" what they were missing in modern games vs the games they loved as children. These days everyone loves to remember Dark Souls as the progenitor of that genre, but Demon's Souls built and sold 90% of that formula. Everything after was simply a refinement.

Lightning's impact shows no sign of slowing and GAF just seethes in envy as their favs are ignored in the next Final Fantasy crossover spin off thing or future SE game cameo.

Excuse me while I go play one of the wonderful FFXIII games on Steam as I wait for Tabata's "masterpiece".

tumblr_o0k152aZDY1ulrorpo3_500.gif

Retsudo

That top 3 is all kinds of right.

Going by this thread, and my personal feelings, i'd wager a remaster of Demon's Souls would rake in tons of money. All those 360 owners that moved to PS4 would finally have a chance to try it.

SeanTSC

What in the actual fuck are FFXIII, MAG, and Xillia 2 doing there?

Vesperia is deservedly high, but good god, Xillia 2 is some throw away garbage.

HeelPower

Lightning's impact shows no sign of slowing and GAF just seethes in envy as their favs are ignored in the next Final Fantasy crossover spin off thing or future SE game cameo.

Excuse me while I go play one of the wonderful FFXIII games on Steam as I wait for Tabata's "masterpiece".

tumblr_o0k152aZDY1ulrorpo3_500.gif

LOL!

Epic post! Agree!

Top Bottom