• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS 2016 Line Up By Nintendo Revealed (Verified Source at Nintendo)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoxon

Linked screwed up sorry brb

eaa42a59eace7eae7a50940fd6d26873.png

Link didn't work. Is that a banned site? If so let me know and I will remove the screen cap.
The Spider-Man subtitle kills the rumor, namely because the subtitle "The First Avenger" was already used for Cap 1. It'd be more believable if they used "The New Avenger".

SalvaPot

The Spider-Man subtitle kills the rumor, namely because the subtitle "The First Avenger" was already used for Cap 1. It'd be more believable if they used "The New Avenger".

Not that I believe the rumors, but that could easily be a typo or misunderstanding by the leaker. Is the kind of stuff a fake leak would pay attention to, not someone who is giving information away on a hurry.

Neoxon

Not that I believe the rumors, but that could easily be a typo or misunderstanding by the leaker. Is the kind of stuff a fake leak would pay attention to, not someone who is giving information away on a hurry.
And even then, the source would incur the wrath of Marvel Studios & Sony Pictures by leaking the title. Not to mention that it could throw a wrench in the deal. But to be fair, that didn't stop That Hashtag Show from leaking a bunch of stuff about the MCU.

GamerJM

Banned
I think Torte City was Kirby and Yokai Watch 2 isn't getting localized (or, if it is, it'll get localized as a very late life 3DS release). I think Rhythm Heaven Megamix is either digital only and not on the list for that reason, or the list is incomplete for some reason. Or it's N-Stars. That or Cadillac is actually RHMM for some reason and Style Savvy 3 isn't getting localized.

N-Stars is probably unannounced I think.

I can't stress enough. Duel Pixel is a always BS. Please stop believe it
1456721351360.png

They make up BS rumors all the time and their NX leak was just a word for word copy of an old 4chan post.
They didn't leak anything about Pokemon XY and they didn't leak the Microsoft Illumiroom

RomanceDawn

Maybe it was mistake? I was looking through stunt jobs available and I saw "Spider-Man The New Avenger" and I was like "what? Isn't that what Caps movie was called?" I could see "First Avenger" it being an honest mistake.

1456721351360.png

They make up BS rumors all the time and their NX leak was just a word for word copy of an old 4chan post.
They didn't leak anything about Pokemon XY and they didn't leak the Microsoft Illumiroom

Well this thread got interesting.

iMax

1456721351360.png

Wasn't Geno the source of the Beyond Good & Evil 2 story too? If so, guess that's wrong too.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Wasn't Geno the source of the Beyond Good & Evil 2 story too? If so, guess that's wrong too.

It's true that Geno shared that rumour, but we haven't dismissed it entirely so far because Destructoid got confirmation of several points on the document Geno shared from a different source.

Mpl90

More IT, here's my recap / my thoughts on what's what from the leaked lineup

3DS release list 2016 *Funded by Nintendo only*:

Spring-Early Summer

Mario and Sonic Rio 2016
Nintendo Selects Wave 1
Hyrule Warriors Legends
Disney Art Academy ---> confirmed, releasing in May in US
Bravely Second
Code Name: “Caviar F” (all ages smaller budget game) ---> given its history, this is Pokémon Rumble World. Small budget, all ages, releasing in April, it fits
Metroid Prime: Federation Force ---> confirmed as a late Spring release

Summer
Code name: “Torte City” big budget unannounced game for all gamers core/all ages ---> this is probably Kirby: Planet Robobot. It's not exactly Summer, but it's near (beginning of June). It's also an unannounced title (which is what characterise the most this codenamed title) and it appears to be big budget indeed.
Dragon Quest VII
Code name: “Cadillac” (all ages smaller budget game late summer) ---> Style Savvy 3 (even if, honestly, it doesn't seem low budget to me, but anyway)

Fall-Holiday
3DS Hardware Price Cut
Code name: “N-Stars” big budget game for all ages ---> ...I suppose this is Rhythm Heaven then. I mean, it doesn't appear big budget (top notch gameplay, of course), at least less than Style Savvy 3, but the lack of a release date makes me think it's coming later in the year. Also, Picross 3D 2 (USK-rated, so surely it's coming to Europe) is probably an eShop-only title.
Nintendo Selects Wave 2
Code name: “DMW2” possibly Disney Magical World 2
Dragon Quest VIII
Pokémon 20th Anniversary game “Niji” (remember code names mean nothing, forget about the Rainbow, your gold is not there) ---> Sun & Moon, baby

Also, we got the last unannounced Wii U title, Paper Mario: Color Splash.

So, what does this mean for future 3DS/Wii U announcements?

Well, Wii U has nothing left retail-wise from Nintendo, but there's still Mother 3 to announce and release. Probably E3 time, maybe like last year's Earthbound Beginnings' announcement. Instead, 3DS has some announced and unannounced/rumoured titles left. Moreover, titles like Paper Mario: Color Splash and a good part of the 3DS lineup has yet to receive a launch date. I can see, like last year, a pre-E3 Direct where they give additional details for just announced games + other announcements and new release dates. Last year, due to what happened in the Digital Event, between the games showed and the pacing of the thing (basically: way too long interviews, some questionable games - mainly Amiibo Festival and Federation Force - and that FUCKING ENDING), it worked against Nintendo: if some of the content in that Direct were showed / announced during the Digital Event, I think it would've been a better event. Still not mindblowingly good, but better than what we got. This year, since E3 is, at this point, where Nintendo will show NX for the first time, they'll need to dedicate to it as much time as possible. True, Nintendo uses the whole three days (and Treehouse livestream this year...man, it could be amazing this year with lots of NX footage, the hype!), but I hope they nail the Digital Event as much as possible.

Later, I'll try to write something more about the current scheduling, especially in regards to NX.

Shizuka

More IT, here's my recap / my thoughts on what's what from the leaked lineup

3DS release list 2016 *Funded by Nintendo only*:

Spring-Early Summer

Mario and Sonic Rio 2016
Nintendo Selects Wave 1
Hyrule Warriors Legends
Disney Art Academy ---> confirmed, releasing in May in US
Bravely Second
Code Name: “Caviar F” (all ages smaller budget game) ---> given its history, this is Pokémon Rumble World. Small budget, all ages, releasing in April, it fits
Metroid Prime: Federation Force ---> confirmed as a late Spring release

Summer
Code name: “Torte City” big budget unannounced game for all gamers core/all ages ---> this is probably Kirby: Planet Robobot. It's not exactly Summer, but it's near (beginning of June). It's also an unannounced title (which is what characterise the most this codenamed title) and it appears to be big budget indeed.
Dragon Quest VII
Code name: “Cadillac” (all ages smaller budget game late summer) ---> Style Savvy 3 (even if, honestly, it doesn't seem low budget to me, but anyway)

Fall-Holiday
3DS Hardware Price Cut
Code name: “N-Stars” big budget game for all ages ---> ...I suppose this is Rhythm Heaven then. I mean, it doesn't appear big budget (top notch gameplay, of course), at least less than Style Savvy 3, but the lack of a release date makes me think it's coming later in the year. Also, Picross 3D 2 (USK-rated, so surely it's coming to Europe) is probably an eShop-only title.
Nintendo Selects Wave 2
Code name: “DMW2” possibly Disney Magical World 2
Dragon Quest VIII
Pokémon 20th Anniversary game “Niji” (remember code names mean nothing, forget about the Rainbow, your gold is not there) ---> Sun & Moon, baby

Also, we got the last unannounced Wii U title, Paper Mario: Color Splash.

So, what does this mean for future 3DS/Wii U announcements?

Well, Wii U has nothing left retail-wise from Nintendo, but there's still Mother 3 to announce and release. Probably E3 time, maybe like last year's Earthbound Beginnings' announcement. Instead, 3DS has some announced and unannounced/rumoured titles left. Moreover, titles like Paper Mario: Color Splash and a good part of the 3DS lineup has yet to receive a launch date. I can see, like last year, a pre-E3 Direct where they give additional details for just announced games + other announcements and new release dates. Last year, due to what happened in the Digital Event, between the games showed and the pacing of the thing (basically: way too long interviews, some questionable games - mainly Amiibo Festival and Federation Force - and that FUCKING ENDING), it worked against Nintendo: if some of the content in that Direct were showed / announced during the Digital Event, I think it would've been a better event. Still not mindblowingly good, but better than what we got. This year, since E3 is, at this point, where Nintendo will show NX for the first time, they'll need to dedicate to it as much time as possible. True, Nintendo uses the whole three days (and Treehouse livestream this year...man, it could be amazing this year with lots of NX footage, the hype!), but I hope they nail the Digital Event as much as possible.

Later, I'll try to write something more about the current scheduling, especially in regards to NX.

Not sure they'd give a code name for a game that's been out for a year. That's not it.

So that leaked basically NAILED the direct

Not every little detail but hot damn was it on the money

Can we expect more tidbits from all these sources in the future?

Mpl90

Not sure they'd give a code name for a game that's been out for a year. That's not it.

Sure, it released last year as a F2S game on 3DS eShop, but there's a retail version coming in April. Also, going by recent history, "Caviar" is the nickname used for Pokémon Rumble games.

Caviar F can still be Style Savvy 3 which didn't get any space during the Direct because of reasons. I can totally see a stealth-release in the US. Cadillac is Rhythm Paradise and N-Stars an unannounced game?

BiggNife

Rhythm Heaven is not a big budget game by any stretch, and I'm sure Nintendo hasn't revealed their entire Q4 lineup yet. Whatever N-Stars is, I would bet 50 bucks it isn't Megamix.

For the NX Platform.

Its so weird

Are they really going to have this massive 3 platform software split?

Seems like a weird way to launch a new system in an already crowded environment

Yet based on the direct its clear that they plan on supporting WiiU/3DS almost as strongly as they have in previous years. Sure the size/significance of this 2016 lineup is debateable but still

Clearly 3DS is going strong at least one more year so that lends credibility that the NX portable is on the bench till 2017.

So the only thing I can think of is that this a LOT of this WiiU shit will make the Jump to NX.... but im really not so sure

Banned
Man Destiny 2 on the NX would be incredible. Getting exclusivity for the beta would shut down neogaf lol.

Man Destiny 2 on the NX would be incredible. Getting exclusivity for the beta would shut down neogaf lol.

Destiny 2 is 2017

So we could probably make a pretty good prediction on whether it even has a chance of appearing on NX after E3 lol

Davey Cakes

No new Animal Crossing. Maybe next year.
For the NX Platform.
I REALLY hope Nintendo is planning or already developing an NX Animal Crossing game that's at least as compelling as New Leaf if not more so.

The series is a great one for Nintendo (since even spinoffs like HHD do well, even though ones like AF don't) but they need to make a substantial leap every now and then.

Perhaps make it compatible with Miitomo or other Nintendo mobile efforts. Create a bigger world. Bring more people in. There's a lot of opportunity there to expand the franchise.

Yes, I totally agree what you say here, and you remind me Treehouse will play NX games. Man, just thinking about this gives me chill. I really don't know if I can sit there all day watching those streams. Hopefully I can get day off just for that few days.

So that leaked basically NAILED the direct

Not every little detail but hot damn was it on the money

Can we expect more tidbits from all these sources in the future?

OP has disappeared for a week. I bet he is already MIA because of ninjas. Don't get your hopes up from OP, but I guess more leaks / rumors will come before E3.

I was not expecting such a large software drop and other odd things in that last direct

It makes me worried about what the NX is actually going to realistically deliver

That direct reeked of Old Nintendo and not the New Nintendo that NX platform shift is supposed to bring

I was not expecting such a large software drop and other odd things in that last direct

It makes me worried about what the NX is actually going to realistically deliver

That direct reeked of Old Nintendo and not the New Nintendo that NX platform shift is supposed to bring

This!

Neoxon

I remember People thinking the same about TMNT rofl.

I believe there are some chances if the yearly P*-Activision game trend continues .
But the problem is that Activision's Spider-Man license (signed with Sony, honored by Marvel after they bought the merchandising rights to Spidey back from Sony) expires next year.

MK_768

I REALLY hope Nintendo is planning or already developing an NX Animal Crossing game that's at least as compelling as New Leaf if not more so.

The series is a great one for Nintendo (since even spinoffs like HHD do well, even though ones like AF don't) but they need to make a substantial leap every now and then.

Perhaps make it compatible with Miitomo or other Nintendo mobile efforts. Create a bigger world. Bring more people in. There's a lot of opportunity there to expand the franchise.

Well I think it is safe to say they are definitely working on the next Animal Crossing game. No way those spin off games stopped them from doing so.

My thing is do we want it for the console or handheld? Animal Crossing doesn't really do anything for the console but it does for the handheld I feel. I think AC is system seller for the handheld rather than the console.

While the Geno stuff is probably BS, I don't find it to be that unbelievable that Activision will bring Skylanders and Call of Duty to the platform at launch.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton

This is my impression as well.

I still hope that this will change with the NX announcement. But these hopes are very small at this moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom