• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT2| Passing Stones

chrono01

Just recently picked this back up, I feel so overwhelmed.

I'm trying to get that LR Goku, but I'm not sure I'll have enough time. I'm just now finishing off the Hidden Potential tree for Bulma (Youth) (Crit/AA I've heard is the best?)who I'll use as leader (with a friend Bulma leader as well), then I need to Dokkan both of my Jackie Chun and combine the Special Level 10 + 5 together.

I was thinking:

Bulma (Youth) / Bulma (Youth)
TEQ Angel Goku
TEQ Arale
TEQ Jackie Chun (Special Level 15)
TEQ Goku (the one that evolves into LR Goku)
Empty Slot

Not sure who to put in that last slot, any suggestions? I could maybe farm Skinnytenks or Chilled up to Special Level 15, but not sure if it'd be worth it or not. From what I've read, pairing Bulma + Arale and Bulma + Jackie every turn, while healing with rainbow orbs, seem to work well enough (although it is slow). I'd rather not farm any additional characters right now, considering I'm already behind in time, if I can help it. :/

linkent

Just recently picked this back up, I feel so overwhelmed.

I'm trying to get that LR Goku, but I'm not sure I'll have enough time.

Bulma (Youth) / Bulma (Youth)
TEQ Angel Goku
TEQ Arale
TEQ Jackie Chun (Special Level 15)
TEQ Goku (the one that evolves into LR Goku)
:/
Plenty of time with the half sta.
SS Picollo and Xeno is great for the event too.

Sec0nd

3rd stage only has medals in the loot pool but 4th stage has medals, and dupe characters at a higher chance than 1st stage.

I've been grinding 4th stage a bit now and besides getting medals I've also been able to open all paths with dupes and get my Goku to SA10. But I thought I saw people say third stage had more medals per drop or something. So I just want to make sure! I've got more trouble with the 3rd stage compared to the 4th stage so that would suck :'(

Caim

I've been grinding 4th stage a bit now and besides getting medals I've also been able to open all paths with dupes and get my Goku to SA10. But I thought I saw people say third stage had more medals per drop or something. So I just want to make sure! I've got more trouble with the 3rd stage compared to the 4th stage so that would suck :'(

You can get 5, 7, 10, 15, or 20 medals on Stage 3.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

You can get more medals during the 3rd stage

SnakeEyes

Banned
20?!

What are you all running for stage 3?
I got him finished before Stage 4 was added. When I was running Stage 3 I used the old team build:
- INT King Vegeta lead
- INT Chilled (for basically doing all the damage)
- PHY Mecha Frieza
- PHY King Cold
- INT Android 16
- STR Cyborg Tao/TEQ Jackie Chun
- INT King Vegeta Friend

With the limitations removed for the current event, others will be running different teams entirely I assume.

chrono01

Plenty of time with the half sta.
SS Picollo and Xeno is great for the event too.
Thanks, I might try to put a team together. From what I've read, Bulma makes it extremely easy, though it might be difficult finding people with her as the lead. An all-TEQ team supposedly works for it all, even INT-based levels (due to her tankiness).

I'll see how it goes!

20?!

What are you all running for stage 3?

Mostly TEQ with Bulma lead, my SA10 LR Goku, Jackie, Piccolo, GT Gohan Possessed and INT Angel Goku with an (if possible) SA20 LR Goku friend. The only ones really clutch there are Bulma and LR Goku, everyone else you can kind of rotate as you see fit. With 2 LR Gokus it's just a matter of getting them to fire supers to kill him.

Just a heads up for anyone who needs medals from the Hero Extermination Plan for LR Trunks on stage 22. They've been dropping 100% of the time for me, so now's a good time to farm them.

EDIT: Guess I've been super lucky! ^^

I've tried twice so far - Training items both times :p

Same. Got my hopes up and everything. Will probably just not pre-farm these. Still have to finish LR Goku anyway. Definitely pre-farming strike medals though because it's a quarter of the normal stamina cost and don't have to deal with the team cost limit.

Fox1304

I'm giving up on LR Goku. Not even at 200 medals and it's already been far too much work for a unit I'll most certainly never use (between the 99 cost and the alreay better units I have)... Too bad for the bonus though.

On another subject, I farmed 9 Fused Zamasus from the stage 1 of the event, are they 100% on SSR if I revert my Dokkaned Fused Zamasu ? Or should I farm more ?

Tamanon

Banned
I'm giving up on LR Goku. Not even at 200 medals and it's already been far too much work for a unit I'll most certainly never use (between the 99 cost and the alreay better units I have)... Too bad for the bonus though.

On another subject, I farmed 9 Fused Zamasus from the stage 1 of the event, are they 100% on SSR if I revert my Dokkaned Fused Zamasu ? Or should I farm more ?

50% if you reverse your Zamasu to original form

531 medals down. Been getting much more lucky with x10 and x20 lately and it's been awesome. I might have it done by Monday. Ready to move on from this damn event.

Fox1304

Is there a comprehensive chart (like with numbers) about the SA scaling ? It'd be great to sort priorities between characters SA, potential, and dokkans, to be as effective as possible in the grind.

Edit : F you fusion zamasu. 6th character that you eat at 50% to get from SA9 to SA10!

L Thammy

Is there a comprehensive chart (like with numbers) about the SA scaling ? It'd be great to sort priorities between characters SA, potential, and dokkans, to be as effective as possible in the grind.

Edit : F you fusion zamasu. 6th character that you eat at 50% to get from SA9 to SA10!

Like this?

I've been almost totally sleeping on strike characters and farmable supers until now so I'm not even bothering with the LR SSJ Goku event. I don't have enough to max my strike characters' levels, either, so I can't dokkan them.

Fox1304

Like this?

I've been almost totally sleeping on strike characters and farmable supers until now so I'm not even bothering with the LR SSJ Goku event. I don't have enough to max my strike characters' levels, either, so I can't dokkan them.

Yes! Thanks. That's nearly 300+% for Immense damage!
Finally managed to get Fusion Zamasu at SA10, let's see that immense damage with 300% more :)

Voror

Does the ABC advice for hidden potential apply to Bulma Youth as well, or might she benefit from a focus on additional attacks or even dodge?

Currently wondering if I am strong enough to tackle the first stage on some of these events to get some cards to up the SA on a few of my characters.

Buuhan, Black, Rose Black, Fusion Zamasu and Broly specifically were the ones I've had in mind. I've got enough that I may be able to put together some mono teams at least.

L Thammy

Does the ABC advice for hidden potential apply to Bulma Youth as well, or might she benefit from a focus on additional attacks or even dodge?

Currently wondering if I am strong enough to tackle the first stage on some of these events to get some cards to up the SA on a few of my characters.

Buuhan, Black, Rose Black, Fusion Zamasu and Broly specifically were the ones I've had in mind. I've got enough that I may be able to put together some mono teams at least.

I suppose you could justify evade, but I don't see what she gains from additional attack. That question comes up for Super Gogeta (already ignores type system so crits aren't as valuable) and LR Trunks (who already has high critical chance).

Go for crit where possible, the other one is personal preference. But imo her passive already makes her tank well enough to where dodge is totally superfluous. Since you'll be using her mostly for LR Goku, her doing damage is more important.

Fox1304

Decided to do a multi on the gogeta banner after many yes/no moments.
Finally got this Fused Monkey, and can move on from those banners.

The last stage lf his event is pretty hard. I'm used to rolling over everything with my Str team, but I'm having trouble here (especially since my main tank Vegeta Ssj3 loses his tankig capacity after 7 turnes, meaning I'm open for the last round).

Man if Global's LR Trunks banner is anything like JPs you don't need to farm Strike Trunks to raise his SA because you will pull 48 SR Trunks cards from that banner.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Just accidentally ran stage 4 with my int units in the bulma team. oh good.

Voror

I suppose you could justify evade, but I don't see what she gains from additional attack. That question comes up for Super Gogeta (already ignores type system so crits aren't as valuable) and LR Trunks (who already has high critical chance).

Go for crit where possible, the other one is personal preference. But imo her passive already makes her tank well enough to where dodge is totally superfluous. Since you'll be using her mostly for LR Goku, her doing damage is more important.

Thanks!

Also what should I be doing with all these extra Bulma cards Im getting? She's already max SA with all locks released. Do I raise another or would that ultimately be pointless? Sell them to Baba?

chrono01

Thanks!

Also what should I be doing with all these extra Bulma cards Im getting? She's already max SA with all locks released. Do I raise another or would that ultimately be pointless? Sell them to Baba?
You can use them to increase the super of waifu Bulma, if you have her. If not, you could work on another Bulma (since the missions give you enough medals to dokkan two of them), but I'm not sure if that's something you'd be interested in or not. If not, Baba away!

Decided to do a multi on the gogeta banner after many yes/no moments.
Finally got this Fused Monkey, and can move on from those banners.

The last stage lf his event is pretty hard. I'm used to rolling over everything with my Str team, but I'm having trouble here (especially since my main tank Vegeta Ssj3 loses his tankig capacity after 7 turnes, meaning I'm open for the last round).

You stop that right now. You will not get me to pull on that awful, awful banner. I must wait to be disappointed on LR Trunks!

Got bored grinding lr goku at work and said what the hell and did a multipull on the agl banner.

Ev1uZJC.jpg

Did not expect to pull majin vegeta. Im so happy right now. Also, is that gohan good on a mono agl team?

Got bored grinding lr goku at work and said what the hell and did a multipull on the agl banner.

Did not expect to pull majin vegeta. Im so happy right now. Also, is that gohan good on a mono agl team?

grats. gohan's not bad, has shocking speed and FB after dokkan, links well with most of the crew. He's fallen off, isn't near the top anymore, but he's aight.

Voror

Yes, got two Elder Kai medals from Bulma event. Now who should I use them on?

I'm guessing Rose Black and Buuhan would be best? Also got INT SSG Goku and Ultimate Gohan and a STR SSJ GT Trunks and Ssj3 Vegeta waiting on those.

I'm guessing Rose Black and Buuhan would be best? Also got INT SSG Goku and Ultimate Gohan and a STR SSJ GT Trunks and Ssj3 Vegeta waiting on those.

Rose is fantastic, Buuhan is farmable in stage 1 of his dokkan event, do not use kais on him. Buuhan, Black and Zamasu are all farmable from their own events for future reference.

Voror

Rose is fantastic, Buuhan is farmable in stage 1 of his dokkan event, do not use kais on him. Buuhan, Black and Zamasu are all farmable from their own events for future reference.

Oh I meant I have the medals to Z-awaken them.

I'll soon have a total of three Kai cards after I finish Bulma. Was trying to figure that one out too after excluding the farmable ones.

Meneses

Rose because he's a great unit and also because Buuhan has a farmable super from the first stage of his event (it's a bit of a grind though, so i'll never blame anyone for skipping those).

STR GT Trunks would be a good alternative if you have SS4 Goku.

edit: just saw that it's awakening medals. Dokkan Rose, he'll be a great leader for your Extreme teams.

Top Bottom