• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The ugliest special/limited edition gaming system

Blues1990

Granted, this was a case of decal skin stickers being included in this bundle. But, oh boy, this was a sore sight to behold.

90f964249ede676d_800x800ar.jpg

Celcius

°Temp. member

Winner winner chicken dinner. This looks horrendous!

How is the Xbox One design so bad when the good PS4 slim design exists?
FFXVbundleFeatured.jpg

It doesn't make sense.

divers2000seriescx1_2.jpg
cx1_01.jpg

This Dreamcast is pretty terrible. Not technically a special edition but was a joint venture, in this case between Sega, CSK and the Fuji Television Network.

It is by far the ugliest version of a console I have ever seen.

I strongly disagree with both of these choices... Both of these look amazing.

Breakage

The N64 specials are ugly, but that's because the standard N64 is ugly - it looks like a block of plastic that has been horribly warped in a fire.

Grassy

Madden 11 'Madden Gras' PS3
maddengrasps3hauz7.jpg

Team Jordan Formula 1 Playstation
4i1u77.jpg

Hanshin Tigers Gamecube
gamecube-konsole-hansllub1.jpg

Electro Plankton DS
electroplankton-live-pbu7a.jpg

Green + Gold Gameboy Color, fuck yeah 'Straya
gameboy_color_ozzie_o1tuo2.png

Tommy Hilfiger Gameboy Color
gbc-hilfigerkzusc.jpg

Mdk7

Wish there was an actual photo of the Game of Thrones and Audi Xbox Ones, because for sure they would look even worse in real life.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Wow, that TH GB is one of the most 90s things ever. All it needs is a copy of the Chronic on cassette and a starter jacket.

divers2000seriescx1_2.jpg
cx1_01.jpg

This Dreamcast is pretty terrible. Not technically a special edition but was a joint venture, in this case between Sega, CSK and the Fuji Television Network.

It is by far the ugliest version of a console I have ever seen.

That's kinda awesome.

It looks like it's right out of Space Channel 5.

The Linkin Park 360 is corny as hell but it's not even close to as aesthetically unappealing as almost everything else posted in here.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
That's kinda awesome.

It looks like it's right out of Space Channel 5.

Divers 2000. They pop up pretty regularly. Usually go from between $1k and $3k. In the early 2000s used to go for ~200 to 300 though before people really discovered them, lol.

It was designed to be a multimedia device more than a Dreamcast per se, running off Windows CE, but it obviously didn't do much.

SURGEdude

wait is this real?

I need to see a pic of it in someone's house on a shelf, instead of just "rendered in CGI world"

are those rings... real?

Yeah, I'd love to see how much even worse it must look in a non-photoshopped non-PR photo. Just YUCK.

Ryne

There's a lot of ugly ones out there. One of my top picks would be the Black Ops 3 PS4. Looks both ugly and has a lazy design. Controller isn't that bad though.

ps4-buy-codboiii-console-two-column-01-ps4-eu-21sep15

I have this, my GF bought it for me for Christmas. It's so ugly but I don't want to get rid of it because it was a gift.

Just going to try and subtly replace it with a Pro someday.

Top Bottom