• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The ugliest special/limited edition gaming system

nkarafo

N64: Picachu tumor edition.

wp_20150115_008.jpg

arhra

I didn't realize there were so many terrible PS4 and XB1 LEs, thought we left the garish trash back in the last console generation.

I'm not sure about the PS4s, but most of the Xbox Ones in this thread have been one-off promotional customs (I'm not sure what promotional value there is in producing an ugly console, but they keep doing it so there must be some benefit I guess). A lot of them probably wouldn't even function reliably, as they block the fan vents.

The only retail special editions of the original hardware have been the white model that was bundled with Sunset Overdrive/Quantum Break, the Advanced Warfare bundle, the Forza 6 bundle, and the Halo 5 bundle.

For the S, there have been a few colour variants (military green, storm grey, and deep blue), and the Gears 4 special edition.

Daedardus

Oh fuck, how did I almost forget the most 2003 thing I've seen in my life.
gameboy-advance-konsole-gba-sp-tribal-edition-tattoo-version-b.jpg

This one's actually fine though. It was a lame excuse of a special edition, but at least it's not as ugly or super tacky as the other examples in this thread. It's more the concept rather than the actual execution that failed.

Most posts have legit ugly LEs, but Star Wars and Black Ops LE are nothing near that. Some of you really have unfortunate misconception of what it means to be minimalist design.

Village

I like the color pallet and usage on the halo 3 xbox

That rare xbox is garish as fuck though, never seen that before. I will vote for the pikachu n 64

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
It's kind of funny how many of these are current generation systems. You'd think they'd have learnt by now.

DEATH_INC

Neo Member
divers2000seriescx1_2.jpg
cx1_01.jpg

This Dreamcast is pretty terrible. Not technically a special edition but was a joint venture, in this case between Sega, CSK and the Fuji Television Network.

It is by far the ugliest version of a console I have ever seen.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
C7l68AiVMAMMV2K.jpg

neuebitmap8gule.png

These oreos could be won on the EU Playstation blog, so I guess they're official enough. Two existing of each. Enjoy I guess.

Brannon

I dunno why every one is still posting after that Pikachu monstrosity horrified its way onto the scene. This thread is now about second best(worst?), mwahahahaha.

DJ_Lae

Holy shit, I had forgotten about that Final Fantasy one - it looks like they had a handful of different people each design a section and then slapped it all together.

Personally, however, I have a special distaste for the Panasonic Q (which is less of a SE, I guess). I appreciate its functionality but man is it gaudy as hell.

Top Bottom