• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The ugliest special/limited edition gaming system

NESpowerhouse

Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.
Are you serious? That's a fantastic limited edition!

I don't know, I guess I'm just not a fan to designs meant to catch my attention at all times. It just makes it kinda hard to blend into a home theater

ffxv-yuakf2m.jpg
lol this one is just a mess. The color choices are just bizarre. What the fuck is with the green on controller.

NESpowerhouse

Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.
Oh fuck, how did I almost forget the most 2003 thing I've seen in my life.
gameboy-advance-konsole-gba-sp-tribal-edition-tattoo-version-b.jpg

MTC100

Banned
I believe this NES edition 3DS XL is the ugliest ever. It's just NES controller slapped on the face. Plain ugly.

LMAO, why would they slap a NES Controller on it, oh my god...

better paint grey over it

65843628.jpg

Oh fuck, how did I almost forget the most 2003 thing I've seen in my life.
gameboy-advance-konsole-gba-sp-tribal-edition-tattoo-version-b.jpg

Makes you wonder why they did that... given Nintendo has so many iconic Logos they could choose from...

Well, it doesn't even come close to the others posted in this topic, but I always thought this looked like ass:

No style or subtlety, it just looks like they put a shitty sticker on the 3DS and called it a day.

I think my favorite part of these Nintendo ones is that they always do the decals so that, when the device is open, they're upside down. I've never understood why, especially with ones like this which look ridiculous from such an angle.

Any, and all diamond/crystal/see through consoles and accessories. Makes it look like cheap ass plastic and truly awful.

No idea why people like those.

Is there a single special edition gaming system that looks better than the base design? I don't think I've ever seen one.

The dark blue forza edition xbox one. It is VERY understated. If you like the dark blue color, then it looks better. I HATED the high gloss on the original xbox one, so the matte finish on the forza one was already an improvement.

The dark blue forza edition xbox one. It is VERY understated. If you like the dark blue color, then it looks better. I HATED the high gloss on the original xbox one, so the matte finish on the forza one was already an improvement.

oh that is slick

could do without the Forza logo but still that's about the best you're gonna get

13ruce

Banned
Let us never forget mario getting a tribal tattoo that he now has in every game just hiding under his sleeve.

Switch will get a model with a big eye on it the new tattoo trend. (the worst trend imo moari and tribal atleast look a bit cool but why would you want a huge eye on your body!?)

GamerJM

Banned
I actually like some of these in a weird gaudy way. They remind me of when consoles looked more like game consoles or toys and not like entertainment boxes. Keep in mind that I live in an apartment that no one but me ever enters so I'm not really all that interested in having a minimalist looking entertainment center or whatever.

Though it does vary. The Rare Replay and Halo 3 ones look horrible, but I like the Black Ops 3 and Forza ones. The Star Wars Kinect 360 is one of the best limited editions.

Top Bottom