• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 3, Halo: CEA, Halo 4 and Halo 3: ODST Are Now Backward Compatible

Pein

Banned
I'm gonna start playing halo 3 again, best multiplayer of all time.

God I wish there was an anniversary edition for 3.

Digital0Reality

Neo Member
Great move by 360 publishers to make dlc free! Make me consider buying digital versions of games even though I own a physical copy already.

Toa TAK

Banned
Great! Now someone help boost my worthless Colonel Grade 3 ass up to General so I can finally have peace with this game.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
So how do achievements work on these? Do you just finish getting any you did not earn on 360? Also are the MCC achievements separate?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
It's B/C, so they're, essentially, different games.

MCC is different from Halo 3, ODST, and Halo 4.

Yeah, I got that, but if I play Halo 3 back compat, does it share the same achievements as the 360 version, thus I can't get 1000 on the 360 version and 1000 on the back compat version?

Toa Axis

Let’s go.

I got rid of a bunch of my 360 games but I kept all my Halo stuff. Will be nice to jump back in.

And rip MCC.

Sephzilla

My ultimate dream is that Halo CE could become backwards compatible and they'd also staple some kind of online matchmaking system onto it. I'd never have to play another Halo game ever again

Akai__

Just in time for the Halo 3 Anniversary, which is in 4 days.

Yeah, I got that, but if I play Halo 3 back compat, does it share the same achievements as the 360 version, thus I can't get 1000 on the 360 version and 1000 on the back compat version?

You are playing your Xbox 360 games on your Xbox One. Same achievements, same everything.

Toa TAK

Banned

If you got all the achievements on the 360, you'll still have them as you boot the game on the One. :D

Sephzilla

PSA: MCC multiplayer works perfectly now i feel as though Microsoft should bring attention to this

Shil Pencer
(Today, 11:14 AM)

Futurama-Fry.jpg

JOEVIAL

Has a voluptuous plastic labia
Nice! I knew they would do it right around the 10th Anniversary of Halo 3 :) I can't wait to play it online next week with thousands of other Spartans that wish for the true Halo experience! Halo 3 is still populated enough to get in slayer matches, but it's not as young as it use to be :( ...... oh if only we could go back to a simpler time :)

1194204-one_million_small.jpg

see5harp

I was telling a couple friends recently that they really should go back and do an ODST for xbox one. The sections in Destiny 2 where you go into that dome thing and there's an entire overgrown sorta apartment living area made me almost feel like they could really make an even better ODST these days if they had the increased budget for a full stand alone title.

EDIT: if you actually go back and play ODST it basically feels like an destiny type thing in that it was open world and there were patrols of npc's. Destiny 1 with it's empty ass levels is basically just a pretty ODST with worse music and zero story.

Hey, this is great!

To the 1% of people this might affect: I'm able to install my Japanese Halo 3 disc. I'll update with whether it plays the US version or not.

Side note, I logged in to MCC a couple days ago and played a round of Halo 3 online and Halo 1 with pretty quick matchmaking for both. Also, each game was smooth and fun.

Pooya

Is this their Halo 3 anniversary announcement?

I really hoped they'd do another Halo 3 release. Specially now that things come to PC. I'd play the hell of Halo 3. Too bad.

knerl

Why would I want to play these as BC titles instead of the versions from MCC with better performance and resolutions? I only know MCC has gotten a lot of shit which is mainly because of online modes being in a worse state than one would want?

Outrun

Excellent news.

I have enjoyed these games in the past and will not be returning to them. But those who still have unfinished business, this is great.

Top Bottom