• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 7 Pre-Release Discussion (50GB Day1 Patch, Achievements, Demo/Previews on 19th)

Klocker

Who goes backwards and adds a download limit? Fuck is that.
Cox communications. Like mentioned earlier, streaming is eating into their cable TV business so they are making you pay for it. Sadly I use their tv and most my bandwidth is games. But they give no fucks

But, they are kind enough to let me pay an extra $50/mo on top of their already highest plan if I want to keep unlimited.

So there's that

xrnzaaas

Who goes backwards and adds a download limit? Fuck is that.

From what I hear it's a common thing in the US. Too many users using too much bandwidth and not enough money being put into expanding and modernizing the current infrastructure.

LoveCake

100GB's! I am going to have to delete some games from my X1 then, I only have Forza games in it as well.

Even though I have fast internet the Xbox service is way too slow I have found, they should have just put the game on two discs.

univbee

Sorry to hear this. I hope your ISPs wake up soon and get rid of these caps.

Nah, ISP's know exactly what they're doing.

In fact, even the Xbox crew is at their ISP's mercy.

FWcQx1z.png

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/909488959188746240

How big are Car Pack DLC in Forza games? I have a suspicion that your buying the unlock not whole new cars (models, sound etc) because from memory they never seemed that big in FH3. Or maybe I'm remembering it wrong. So, if that is the case perhaps the 100GB install of F7 won't bloat too much. Or maybe not.

EvB

How big are Car Pack DLC in Forza games? I have a suspicion that your buying the unlock not whole new cars (models, sound etc) because from memory they never seemed that big in FH3. Or maybe I'm remembering it wrong. So, if that is the case perhaps the 100GB install of F7 won't bloat too much. Or maybe not.

Yeah, it will be like that, it's so you can use them in multiplayer

Often what happens is the DLC is patched into the game when that DLC is released. And buying the DLC just unlocks it. That's so you can see those cars if other people are racing them, even if you've not bought them.

The car downloads aren't huge. It's track DLC that's big. Each track is several GB.

eso76

Does the Xbox one S version support HDR? If so, will it be implemented in the demo?

Xbox One S supports HDR.
Demo appears to be the same shown at E3 and that had HDR.

Xbox One S version of said demo was never shown afaik though.

bennibop

My issue with sizes like this isn’t the inconvenience of installation, it’s that these effectively make the game require an internet connection.

Agreed.

This is a ridiculous size for a patch, how this is meant to be viable for most people who do not have good internet infrastructure I do not know.

N21

To many people living in the US that literally isn't an option. A single broadband company can have a monopoly on a region and you can choose them or nothing at all.

I hear that a lot of people are waiting for Google Fiber to round out, is that true?

Orca

I was on Telus 150/150 with unlimited, but switched to 1 GB/250 10 days ago - it has no unlimited available, but offers a TB of usage.

Couple days ago I started getting the 'exceeded data usage' warning, which seems fairly fucking incredible as I'd been gone for much of the week at the hospital with the new baby.

They offer overage of
* $5 for the first 50 GB
* $10 for subsequent blocks of 50 GB, to a maximum of $45 per month

The website's data usage shows me at 280 GB, so there's a huge fucking problem somewhere.

LoveCake

Why have they not just put the game out on two discs for the physical version, it would cost them at most one dollar.

I am not happy about this myself and I have a pretty fast internet and no datacap.

nkarafo

Member when developers had to squeeze content in cartridges? Now it's like payback time.

Seriously though. They need some restrain or else we are going to need 1 HDD for each game before this gen ends.

Top Bottom