• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 7 Pre-Release Discussion (50GB Day1 Patch, Achievements, Demo/Previews on 19th)

Grassy

Oh OK, I was kind of hoping it was your virtual garage with all your cars in, that would've been amazing.

You might be right actually, it looks like it's been taken in Forzavista Photomode in the home/base garage which is empty at the start of the game. So maybe you can arrange your cars around and take photos etc.

MilkyJoe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gL4G-iF1m0A

Ferrari 641 (Alan Prost's car) at Hockenheim

200.gif

I miss old Hockenheim. It's such a tease to head towards the gap in the trees where the old track went, then make a very boring right turn instead.

big_z

Yeah, I mean I'm getting an X anyway, but want to see what I'll be playing for a month before that. ;)

It looks more or less identical outside of resolution and filtering. There are some frame rate drops in large pile ups but nothing to worry about.

xrnzaaas

I miss old Hockenheim. It's such a tease to head towards the gap in the trees where the old track went, then make a very boring right turn instead.

Maybe this isn't the greates place to post this but in case you didn't know the old Hockenheim is featured in Project CARS 2 (and 1 as well as part of the DLC).

By the way it really sucks you don't get any bonuses for disabling assists in Forza 7. You're basically encouraged to use them to get more credits against higher difficulty AI.

Maybe this isn't the greates place to post this but in case you didn't know the old Hockenheim is featured in Project CARS 2 (and 1 as well as part of the DLC).

By the way it really sucks you don't get any bonuses for disabling assists in Forza 7. You're basically encouraged to use them to get more credits against higher difficulty AI.

Yup I know. Was in NFS Shift too.

I think assists shouldn't be part of the bonus system at all. After all they are part of real racing - look at GT3 for example. And so a more realistic experience is having assists where they really are used. And many cars today have performance that is only possible because of assists - making them still seem like training wheels is ignoring how they are used in modern hypercars.

That's why I like PCars approach of having a "real" setting for assists.

Is it me or does the rain droplets in fm7 have downgraded ? In fm6 apex on pc it had moving drops right ? With physics on them ? In the footage i just saw on maple valley it looked like the same animation every time the wiper clears the drops....
Is this really on xbox one x ? Major disappoint if true...
Man driveclub and even horizon 3 did it so good.

Theorry

I'm just crossing my fingers for good wheel support. It is terrible in Apex and Horizon 3 on PC.

:)

Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller
Microsoft Xbox One Controller
Microsoft Xbox One Elite Controller
Microsoft Xbox One S/X Controller
Sony Dual Shock 4
Fanatec CSR
Fanatec CSR Elite
Fanatec ClubSport V2
Fanatec ClubSport V1
Fanatec CSL
Fanatec ClubSport V2.5
Logitech G29
Logitech Driving Force Pro
Logitech G25
Logitech Driving Force GT
Logitech G27
Logitech MOMO
Logitech G920
Thrustmaster RGT
Thrustmaster T100
Thrustmaster T500 RS
Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari
Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari GTE
Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari Int
Thrustmaster T300 RS
Thrustmaster T300 RS GT
Thrustmaster T150
Thrustmaster T150 Pro
Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer
Thrustmaster TX 458
Thrustmaster TX Leather
Thrustmaster 458 Spider
Thrustmaster TMX
Thrustmaster TMX Pro
Thrustmaster TS-Xbox
Mad Catz Pro

ShapeGSX

I'm so glad Maple Valley is back. One of my favorite tracks.

I wish they'd bring back Fujimi Kaido and Camino Viejo de Montserrat (Extreme).

Severianb

With their respective sizes, it's like Microsoft only wants you to play Halo, Gears, and Forza.

50GB day one patch, 4K patch for One X later on. Haha, jeez.

Liking the look of most of those achievements.

Game file sizes quickly went from huge to ridiculous this gen.

Most people were assuming that the 50 GB size of a dual-layer BD would be some kind of de-facto game size limit but these days it's more like you dedicate one hard drive to each game you want to play.

LOL at the first 3 responses. Huge External drives are dirt cheap and games can be pre-loaded. Stop all your bitching.

Daffy Duck

You might be right actually, it looks like it's been taken in Forzavista Photomode in the home/base garage which is empty at the start of the game. So maybe you can arrange your cars around and take photos etc.

That is an amazing feature if it is indeed that.

Yup I know. Was in NFS Shift too.

I think assists shouldn't be part of the bonus system at all. After all they are part of real racing - look at GT3 for example. And so a more realistic experience is having assists where they really are used. And many cars today have performance that is only possible because of assists - making them still seem like training wheels is ignoring how they are used in modern hypercars.

That's why I like PCars approach of having a "real" setting for assists.

I agree with you there.

Top Bottom