• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This is Star Wars Battlefront 2 - New Trailer

I’ll have the PS4 Pro and the XB1X by the time this lands but I’m assuming the Scorpio version will be the better of the two.

Both are going to look stunning – thank god for these stopgap console upgrades.

Boss X

Banned
If the datamining is anything to go by they've actually removed heroes from the first game which is a bit frustrating.

XRIq76F.png
[/IMG]

The great thing about Battlefront 1 was it's arcadey gameplay. But god damn this looks so stunning and amazing. Totally hyped. I don't even care about the single-player at this point. Give me space battles all day all night.

Just want a good/reasonable SP campaign if not a great one, which is at least 8-10 hours long on normal...I am keep expectations really low for SP but please at least be a 7/10 for SP. Just want a good SW sp campaign. PLEASE!!!

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
If the story is a bridge from ep 6-7 than why not delay the game and have other bridges too?

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal
This looks amazing. Not really into multiplayer so I passed on the first one but I'll definitely be picking this up for the campaign.

Vico

q6xBVjR.jpg

The way they word this has me worried that the SP will mostly just be completing objectives on the MP maps. I believe that's how BF1 mostly did it.

This is indeed weird wording. I was almost ready to preorder the game, but the Idea that it might not be a real traditional single player campaign is disappointing. I certainly don't want to play on the multiplayer maps.

SpaceWolf

Banned
No Mustafar or Obi-Wan Kenobi both horrifies and offends me to my core.

Also, Coruscant would have been really nice, but that probably would have been pushing it.

BigEmil

Split screen Co-op ✔✔✔

3rd person view option ✔✔✔

No paid map DLC player split free maps ✔✔✔

Day 1!

BigEmil

If it's like the previous game, then 3rd person will be better than 1st person.
Of course it's just it's so rare for FPS games to have both 3rd person and 1st person view!

I always prefer 3rd person view more than 1st person view

Just want a good/reasonable SP campaign if not a great one, which is at least 8-10 hours long on normal...I am keep expectations really low for SP but please at least be a 7/10 for SP. Just want a good SW sp campaign. PLEASE!!!
Its gotta be shorter than that if they refuse to show more footage. I'm honestly expecting a good 3-5 hour campaign that feels like another Star Wars (in between trilogies) movie like Rogue One.

Timu

Of course it's just it's so rare for FPS games to have both 3rd person and 1st person view!

I always prefer 3rd person view more than 1st person view
Yes, this is all true, but in the 1st game 3rd person gave you an advantage since you can see around corners better than 1st person and such, which is why I stuck with 3rd person, plus I prefer 3rd person anyways.

Raide

Watching the PlayStation gameplay. Good God they talk way too much and almost refuse to use abilities. Hilariously bad.

Everything except the Star Card system looks great to me. And the Star Card system isn't all bad, I just personally don't like the star ratings/tiers that they exist in, and how they seem to "gacha"/randomize from crates. :(

Hope they're relatively balanced across their various tiers (for instance, hope someone with a 1-Star Boba can be nearly as helpful as a 4-Star Boba), otherwise I can easily see this having a strong element of pay-to-win... Which would be fine if this were free to play and didn't have a season pass element as well.

BigEmil

Everything except the Star Card system looks great to me. And the Star Card system isn't all bad, I just personally don't like the star ratings/tiers that they exist in, and how they seem to "gacha"/randomize from crates. :(

Hope they're relatively balanced across their various tiers (for instance, hope someone with a 1-Star Boba can be nearly as helpful as a 4-Star Boba), otherwise I can easily see this having a strong element of pay-to-win... Which would be fine if this were free to play and didn't have a season pass element as well.
Good players wouldn't resort to stuff like that but I can see old people like my dad a fan of Star Wars games who gets wrecked online in Battlefront 1 it might help them abit more which is nice

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
The less MP modes the better.

Keeps the game focused.

Hated that so little maps were spread throughout so many modes in not only BF1 but also the more recent Battlefields.
BF1 needs all the modes it can get. It just doesn't have the same amount of toys (or depth) as BF4. Maybe Battlefront will be different but I doubt it.

Plasma

Banned

Yes thanks I know how to count. What I meant was they took out some heroes from the first game. Jyn, Krennic, Nien Nunb and Dengar have been taken out according to the leak. Also that number is a bit disingenuous because they aren't counting the DLC characters for BF1 but they are counting them in BF2 so the number of new heroes is actually just five (Kylo Ren, Rey, Maul, Iden Versio and Yoda).

SpaceWolf

Banned
Two*

And I genuinely believe that's two more than Dice actually wanted in this game.

The fact they have prequel content at all seems a bit weird considering that era isn't going to figure at all in the single player campaign at all.

Still, I'm certainly not complaining.

I can't believe there's no Obi-Wan, Anakin, Ahsoka or Grievous; hope there's a lot of content coming.

Obi-Wan and Anakin not getting in is kind of crazy, really. I'll cut the developers some slack considering their hero roster had to include characters from all three eras, though.

14 heroes, and only three of them are prequel characters.

I'm buying it, but man is that a disappointment.
Yeah we at least need ObiWan, Anakin, Dooku, Jango, Palpatine and Grievous. I hope for the DLC but I guess they will focus on Episode 8 characters :

They should at least do some skin swaps so that the characters fit the era. Feels so wrong seeing Han fighting Maul :

Luke > Anakin
Leia > Padme
Boba > Jango
Han > Cody or Captain Typho

and so on.

Schlorgan

I thought I read that Jango was in the leaks too, but :lol of course it's even worse than that.

I can't believe there's no Obi-Wan, Anakin, Ahsoka or Grievous; hope there's a lot of content coming.
Differentiating Jango and Boba in a meaningful way seems like it would pose a challenge.

Grievous and Jango better be in BF3 (or DLC). This game is looking incredible otherwise. Wasn't sold on the first one, even with all the updates, but I'll be jumping in with this.

Obi-Wan and Grievous are apparently being worked on.

Oh? That's good news.

Drayco21

Differentiating Jango and Boba in a meaningful way seems like it would pose a challenge.

Boba uses a long range rifle and spends all his time getting worked like an idiot. Jango uses dual pistols and hand-to-hand like a cool guy. I don't think it'd be that hard, though I assumed that Jango was just going to be a recolor of Boba to pad out the prequel hero roster when I had read that people thought they saw him in a leak.

Obi-Wan and Grievous are apparently being worked on.

They'll basically appease my feelings on the roster as soon as they're in.

Top Bottom