• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This is Star Wars Battlefront 2 - New Trailer

border

Seeing what Luke is up to after ROTJ should be worth the price of admission. Remember this shit is canon.

The extent to which any of this will actually be regarded as canon has always been kinda questionable to me. I don't expect it to contradict the films at all, but I have my doubts it will interlock or be referenced in other SW media.

I'm pretty sure Luke and Kylo Ren are confirmed playable in the story.

If the story takes place directly after the Battle of Endor, it's unclear to me how they would fit Kylo Ren into it.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Beta system specs

2017-09-2616_47_04-bapjsii.png

http://www.pcgamer.com/battlefront-..._source=twitter&utm_campaign=buffer-pcgamertw

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
The extent to which any of this will actually be regarded as canon has always been kinda questionable to me. I don't expect it to contradict the films at all, but I have my doubts it will interlock or be referenced in other SW media.

The writer was on the Kinda Funny Gamescast recently and he made mention of working with the Lucasfilm story group. It will be just as cannon as any of the books or comics.

If the story takes place directly after the Battle of Endor, it's unclear to me how they would fit Kylo Ren into it.

It takes place between Episodes 6 and 7 and spans the 30 years. There's loads of room for him towards the end

v1lla21

Damn, john boyega makes a great narrator. I really enjoyed the first game so I can't wait for this since it looks much better.

Strakt

Def looks better than the first; will keep an eye out for reviews on launch instead of straight up buying it like last time

AR15mex

Yeah, I saw the trailer and has really good marketing, but the way they show the locations maps makes me worry about preordering the game.

watership

Looks much improved. Really interested in the Xbox one X details. Since the marketing is Sony I think we won't know anything until after release.

Raide

The lack of season pass makes this way more interesting. Hopefully that means no modes being utterly barren.

sphagnum

Banned

It will be referenced in the books and comics ad nauseam, that you can be sure of. It won't contradict anything in the movies but probably won't come up.

The Lucasfilm Story Group makes sure everything is interconnected. We already have a novel about Iden.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
This is not the game to expect it in, it will be in the big Star Wars games that are being made by other devs, this is a multiplayer first game

The fact that they outsourced it and hired a serious writer gives me a little hope.

Pizza

I'm glad they're keeping quiet about the story tbh. The book was great and the story is canon, I'd rather be surprised tbh: I think it's going to be great

Surfinn

My boy John!! Great job

I hope the gameplay is a LOT deeper than BF1, but from the looks of it, it's still pretty arcadey. The content looks great but I'm still on the fence, as the simplistic nature of BF1 lost my interest pretty quickly after I bought it.

Pastry

Banned
I was pretty disappointed in the first but this seems like a shift in a direction I am pretty happy with. I think if I don’t get it at release I’ll ag least hop on by the holidays.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
My boy John!! Great job

I hope the gameplay is a LOT deeper than BF1, but from the looks of it, it's still pretty arcadey. The content looks great but I'm still on the fence, as the simplistic nature of BF1 lost my interest pretty quickly after I bought it.

Jackfrags has done a pretty good 'first impressions' video - seems to be a lot more interesting this time round.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNPScBe4cl8&t=1399s

Pizza

Where can i find this book?
Most book stores! The novel is a prequel origin story for inferno squad that takes place four years before BF2. It was a really good character piece that painted the squad in a grey morality. The author worked with the people doing the campaign to make sure it lined up nicely, and apparently BF2 will have passing references

Ristifer

This is not the game to expect it in, it will be in the big Star Wars games that are being made by other devs, this is a multiplayer first game
Well, I wouldn't mind a competent campaign if they're going to include one. I know it's MP first, but that bit them in the arse the first time. Wouldn't mind something competent to at least somewhat satisfy that side of things.

Top Bottom