• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Bladelaw

I've heard it a few times where the intent is to be able to get all Pokémon between the 3DS games. I can't remember where I've heard it, exactly, but I know I've heard it multiple times, and with the way things look, I'm more an more inclined to think it's truly possible.

I need this info. I'm so close. I almost have the dream.

I don't know if I should go to midnight launch for both this and Smash.
I live next to my GameStop but still I probably won't be up playing it.

So, how soon can I use the Pokebank?

Was just about to ask this... I kinda want to abuse the system a bit and use Pokébank/reset to get all the starters and a couple extra Beldums... >_> Yes, I'm greedy.

I need this info. I'm so close. I almost have the dream.

Here we go: https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/522060551501791232

"Between #PokemonXY and Pokémon #OmegaRuby and #AlphaSapphire, you can catch every Legendary Pokémon known to date!"

EDIT: Wait, that's just legendaries... I have to search a bit more... (I should have known it wouldn't have been so easy!)

GOT IT!

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...ng_omega_ruby_and_alpha_sapphire_with_x_and_y

Nonetheless, producer Junichi Masuda and director Shigeru Ohmori have now explained that getting your hands on all 719 of these critters is not as Farfetch'd as it used to be, as this is achievable within just the Hoenn and Kalos regions. Here’s an extract from an interview with GameXplain:
[The Soar ability] allows you to land in places you can’t normally walk or Surf to. And in these new places, you’ll encounter a lot of new Pokémon, not previously seen in the Hoenn region that you can catch. What this does for us, is it allows players who only have the 3DS games – being X and Y, and Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire – to complete the National Pokédex with just the two different series of games.

I'm ready, are you? :p

You can not deposit Cosplay Pikachu into Pokemon bank.
http://www.serebii.net/omegarubyalphasapphire/compatibility.shtml

Back when it first announced I called it being this gens spiky Eared-Pichu...I din;t want to be right.
Lame, Hopefully they find a way to let you transfer them to Gen VII or put them in that Gen.

Sooo... Been trying to keep away from spoilers, but saw this thing about Hoopa:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roDI5FsSDq8

This is too crazy... Why can't Hoopa and Volcarion be out already? :/

I hope
Volcanion
gets a boss ass new form or Mega in the next game.

Dysun

I'm still torn on Omega Ruby vs Alpha Sapphire.

On the one hand, Groudon looks awesome. But I played Ruby back in the day and want to see Team Aqua.

Good find. I have never filled the National Dex because of how many games it required despite playing them all but I may just have to go for it this time around.

Neither have I, but I have enough that I reasonably could do it in X/Y, but I'm just too lazy to try... But ORAS hype might be enough to get me to try and finish again. (I already have almost all the legends, I'm just missing Xerneas and Zygarde.)

Caladrius

On the one hand, Groudon looks awesome. But I played Ruby back in the day and want to see Team Aqua.

Pick the Mascot you like better / don't have.

The villainous teams are only moderately different and ultimately a very small part of the experience.

Akai__

[US] November 21, 2014
[JP] November 21, 2014
[AU] November 21, 2014
[EU] November 28, 2014

Thanks for the love, Nintendo.

Nintendo punishing everyone in EU, because somebody somewhere broke the street release date. Thanks for the love, indeed...

Heh, it's so weird hearing Galade and Glalie spoken out loud. I always use the "ah" sound, so for me it's "Galahde" and "Glahlie".

EDIT: And "Rayquahza". :lol

MegaMelon

Nintendo punishing everyone in EU, because somebody somewhere broke the street release date. Thanks for the love, indeed...

Ironically, the game still managed to leak early in Spain(EDIT: derp meant Mexico) and the US. Until the day nintendo removes region locking, I hope to God Nintendo doesn't punish us again.

-Horizon-

I had Ruby when that came out and am now getting Alpha Sapphire. I've replayed Ruby so many times that I need something at least new.

Growlie19

Getting Alpha Sapphire tonight! Treecko and I are going to conquer Hoenn! No idea on the rest of my team, but that's part of the fun.

I'll repost what I put in the review thread. If anyone wants to add it to the OP...(as this will be a frequently asked question)
Besides everyone knows Europe is getting it later because (choose one):
-of preventing leaks (clearly worked...) [grass type]
-the eShop can't handle the stress of 3 regions [fire type]
-Masuda can personally attend the eon ticket launch event in the UK [water type]

Ironically, the game still managed to leak early in Spain and the US. Until the day nintendo removes region locking, I hope to God Nintendo doesn't punish us again.
The twitter account showed a US box though.

Bladelaw

Was just about to ask this... I kinda want to abuse the system a bit and use Pokébank/reset to get all the starters and a couple extra Beldums... >_> Yes, I'm greedy.

Here we go: https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/522060551501791232

"Between #PokemonXY and Pokémon #OmegaRuby and #AlphaSapphire, you can catch every Legendary Pokémon known to date!"

EDIT: Wait, that's just legendaries... I have to search a bit more... (I should have known it wouldn't have been so easy!)

GOT IT!

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...ng_omega_ruby_and_alpha_sapphire_with_x_and_y

I'm ready, are you? :p

I'm ready. 11 more hours till I start the final (until next time) journey...

Inside the Battle Maison, there's a person mentioning that he's scouted the Pike Queen and questions if anyone matches Scott's standards

its coming
either in this game or the next but its comin
get ready to have your revenge folks

Does anyone know if the dual pack comes with two physical copies or two codes to download?

I'd imbed the image, but it's HUGE! O_O Dunno how to code and make it smaller.. EDIT: Thanks for the tip! ^_^;

81VGreiVAfL._SL1500_.jpg

Box looks like physical copies... Dual pack download codes would be lame. :p

I'd imbed the image, but it's HUGE! O_O Dunno how to code and make it smaller.. EDIT: Thanks for the tip! ^_^;

Box looks like physical copies... Dual pack download codes would be lame. :p

True, I bet there will be codes for the extra potions though. I doubt they made a special cartridge with the extra potions built in.

Top Bottom