• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starhawk Leaked Screenshots [Grainy Video]

French

Banned
islP5.jpg

We can clearly see the wings here.

KAL2006

Banned
I hope this has splitscreen online like Warhawk

I love how sony is delivering splitscreen online on all their games, Uncharted 3, Twisted MEtal and Resistance 3 will all have splitscreen online, and I am guessing this will too.

Atruvius

Arnie said:
So I think it's pretty much nailed on that the mech will turn into a plane (just look at the wings) but the most important question we should be asking ourselves is, what sound will it make when it does?
Probably the same sound you can hear when you press triangle inside of a warhawk in Warhawk.

Garjon

CaptYamato said:
OMG IF THAT MECHA TURNS IN TO A PLANE...
I think it will, it's definitely the most interesting of the screenshots. We can't really deduce anything from those screens anyway. I wouldn't call them gritty, but they are definitely not as colourful as the art in Warhawk.

fixuis

Looks good! Judging by the last ss with the jeep, imagine that in motion, all kinds of hell around you with star hawks flying around, looks like a futuristic warhawk. Now just show some gameplay and space shots! And gameplay! It's finally here!!!

BeeDog

Garjon said:
I think it will, it's definitely the most interesting of the screenshots. We can't really deduce anything from those screens anyway. I wouldn't call them gritty, but they are definitely not as colourful as the art in Warhawk.

As Enco's pics show, not all Warhawk maps were drenched in rainbow colors. It's that the art direction seems more akin to a Red Faction game this time around rather than the more cartoony approach from the original game.

genjiZERO

I've not been following this very closely, but yet more bald space marines? Ugh. Completely lost interest. I was hoping it was going to be a HD Star Fox knock off.

Absoludacrous said:
Maybe there's more to it though, I'll hold out some hope.

Christ all mighty- of course there's more to it. These are like 4 leaked screens!

Apparently those that have seen this game in motion have been blown away.
Everyone just needs to fucking relax and wait for the official reveal. Damn...

ameratsu

Feels like I've waited an eternity for this game. I'm not putting too much stock in those screenshots and will wait to see it in action.

KAL2006

Banned
So basically this is going to be a futuristic Warhawk, with added mechs that can transform into warhawks

sounds good to me

I hope it has Jetpacks like were added in the Fallen Star DLC for Warhawk. Those were fun, combined with the warhawk's specifically

KAL2006

Banned
can mods just combine this thread to the other Starhawk thread, no need to have 2 threads talking about the same shit

Garjon

BeeDog said:
As Enco's pics show, not all Warhawk maps were drenched in rainbow colors. It's that the art direction seems more akin to a Red Faction game this time around rather than the more cartoony approach from the original game.
Just saw his/her post. I remember it being more colourful than that. Again though, the art is relatively unimportant.

BeeDog

So is it safe to assume that the auto-aim-heavy ground combat from WH will be replaced by a classic 3rd person shooter control style?

LiK

KAL2006 said:
can mods just combine this thread to the other Starhawk thread, no need to have 2 threads talking about the same shit
Uh, this thread was made at mod's request

jayb

Houston3000 said:
I hope it has Jetpacks like were added in the Fallen Star DLC for Warhawk. Those were fun, combined with the warhawk's specifically

It better. I love jetpacks! Also, APCs. I could take or leave the dropships though.

rexor0717

BeeDog said:
So is it safe to assume that the auto-aim-heavy ground combat from WH will be replaced by a classic 3rd person shooter control style?
I wouldn't be opposed to that as long as there are no weapon load outs. I don't want the game to turn into a sniper fest. If people have to work to get their sniper, I'm fine.

edgefusion

I loved the pants off Warhawk and up to now I haven't let myself think about a sequel or Starhawk but oh my god I want it so bad. I don't even care if it's identical to Warhawk but all spacey just give it to me. Hell just repackage Warhawk with a nicer interface and I'm happy.

rexor0717 said:
I wouldn't be opposed to that as long as there are no weapon load outs. I don't want the game to turn into a sniper fest. If people have to work to get their sniper, I'm fine.

sniping effectively in Warhawk was pretty damn challenging, regardless.

I'm hoping it's set-up the same way as Warhawk. "Find the damn weapons on the map yourself, biatch!"

Goggle Camping!!! :(

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
genjiZERO said:
I've not been following this very closely, but yet more bald space marines? Ugh. Completely lost interest. I was hoping it was going to be a HD Star Fox knock off.
No hair = no sale.

Top Bottom