• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starhawk Leaked Screenshots [Grainy Video]

BeeDog

Well, at least I hope those mechs transform into planes. I hope the GTTV stuff tonight puts my fears to rest.

LiK said:
HODSD.jpg

Shadow Man?

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Those are fairly peculiar mech designs if they can't transform into warhawks/starhawks. I'd be hopeful of that anyway.

Remaining question is what if any 'space' will be in this. Or if it's just a thematic thing as some are suggesting.

Nobiru said:
Shadow Man?

I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but now I know what this was reminding me of :p

GeoramA

Revolutionary said:
I'm starting to think there won't be any space battles... and that Starhawk is just Warhawk on several planets between different species (which would explain the bright desert-like environment shown in the dev diary).
Never really expected space battles, tbh. I just need to see some of that Wowhawk aerial goodness.

Revolutionary said:
I'm starting to think there won't be any space battles... and that Starhawk is just Warhawk on several planets between different species (which would explain the bright desert-like environment shown in the dev diary).
If it's between different species, let's hope each species plays very differently from the rest.

Gilby

Is it just me, or are there a lot of painted-on-skulls in games lately? I can't remember any specifics though, maybe I'm just imagining it.

spats

gofreak said:
Those are fairly peculiar mech designs if they can't transform into warhawks/starhawks. I'd be hopeful of that anyway.

Remaining question is what if any 'space' will be in this. Or if it's just a thematic thing as some are suggesting.

I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but now I know what this was reminding me of :p

Looks a bit like Spawn in my opinion.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Danielsan said:
Looks like Red Faction to me.

Yep, as mentioned Transformers/Red Faction is the vibe I am getting. Weird, because its not close to a Warhawk vibe at all.

Would be awesome if the mechs were triple changers.

Mech form.
Starhawk form.
Jeep/Tank form.

Like Blitzwing in Transformers.

Then you could leg it on foot, transform into a jeep, drive through a tunnel and transform and take off on the other side. Epic chase sequences.

Arnie

From those screens I'm having a similar problem to why I wasn't enamoured with Warhawk, the art. It just doesn't look particularly good to me. Of course this doesn't matter too much if the game's fun as hell, and from what I've heard about Warhawk (never got round to buying it for one reason and another) it more than likely will be. Excited to see the GTTV footage.

Duffyside

Banned
I hate that publishers still release screenshots. Screenshots as a way to market a game should really be a thing of the past. They should only still exist when fans take a still of some epic or hilarious moment. It's 2011, for fuck's sake. No more 5 screenshots. Instead, do 5 seconds of non-cutscene gameplay.

Enco

Oh the memories...

warhawk3.jpg

And I agree with the dude above me. Less pics more video.

edit: Oh and there better be splitscreen online!

warhawk4.jpg

duffyside said:
I hate that publishers still release screenshots. Screenshots as a way to market a game should really be a thing of the past. They should only still exist when fans take a still of some epic or hilarious moment. It's 2011, for fuck's sake. No more 5 screenshots. Instead, do 5 seconds of non-cutscene gameplay.

The screens weren't even suppose to release until after we saw the first gameplay footage from GTTV. So blame the people that leaked them.

iceatcs

Thanks god, still on the foot. I was worried Starhawk will be only in the space flight.

Now hoping it will be also in the space war too.

duffyside said:
These are leaked dude!

slider

I need to see gameplay. Not what I was expecting but, still, I'm not disappointed or excited with so little to go on. Actually, that's stupid. Of course I'm excited. This is the spiritual successor to WH (or so I hope).

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
duffyside said:
Exactly. All pre-release marketing should be in the form of heavily compressed and artifacted YouTube videos.

Zoibie

duffyside said:

I think I remember reading that there's a trailer tomorrow, although I can't find the source. It was on The Sixth Axis' Twitter

Xater

iceatcs said:
Thanks god, still on the foot. I was worried Starhawk will be only in the space flight.

Apparently the comments about ti not fulfilling expectation were warranted. I don#t know why anyone would think that. Warhawk was never just about the planes so why would this be just about spaceships?

Carl

Zoibie said:
I think I remember reading that there's a trailer tomorrow, although I can't find the source. It was on The Sixth Axis' Twitter

GTTV said there's both single and multiplayer foootage

Xater said:
Apparently the comments about ti not fulfilling expectation were warranted. I don#t know why anyone would think that. Warhawk was never just about the planes so why would this be just about spaceships?

The first game was all about planes though. The sequel added on foot gameplay.

Arnie

So I think it's pretty much nailed on that the mech will turn into a plane (just look at the wings) but the most important question we should be asking ourselves is, what sound will it make when it does?

iceatcs

Xater said:
Because there is no ground in the space.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Arnie said:
So I think it's pretty much nailed on that the mech will turn into a plane (just look at the wings) but the most important question we should be asking ourselves is, what sound will it make when it does?
Autobots...roll out! *chingzoombangroarzip*

Top Bottom