• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Qyburn is a man of many talents. He's anything the plot needs him to be.
true, but i think there is a limit to his paranormal intellect.

he brought the mountain back, but he's a husk now. he didn't bring him back like the priests brought back Jon & Beric with their consciousnesses.

and qyburn can't generate any paranormal activity like we've seen Melisandre do.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
i think she is pregnant forreal but will have a miscarriage/stillbirth.

they're cousins. her mom was Jeor's sister and died fighting for Robb.

I can see her sacrificing the unborn child for blood magic or something.

Jamie is a useful idiot type, I can't see the character going any other direction, I think he'll end up realizing he's just a pawn when she asks him to do something horrible and he will have to chose to either assume his dedication to her or "quit".

sjboi

Maybe Qyburn has figured out the science of artificial insemination. The Mad King kept more than just wildfire preserved beneath Kings Landing...

Hydrus

Wouldn't that make her Jorah's niece?

This is Jeor Mormont:
latest

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Oh, I read and reread Artisan's post, and yet I only saw Jorah. I don't know how I didn't read it as Joer. My eyes saw the J and my mind finished the word.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
mhmmmmmm

Lore videos made me realize that we haven't seen or heard anything about Storm's End, have we? Do we know what happened to it/who holds it?

That's totally going to be the series finale then. "Storm's End". It even has a fitting name for a series finale.

mhmmmmmm

Lore videos made me realize that we haven't seen or heard anything about Storm's End, have we? Do we know what happened to it/who holds it?

That's totally going to be the series finale then. "Storm's End". It even has a fitting name for a series finale.

...what is Storm's End?

Smiley90

But what importance does it have?

Nothing TOO noteworthy from the vids, short of being rumoured to be this huge and un-conquerable keep.

And it's the only keep/castle of the big/famous families that's not been shown.

Remember when South Park spoiled that Joffrey got poisoned? That was such a fucking dick move.

whah?

Remember when the Red Wedding was spoiled on Gaf? I hope that guy got the heaviest ban ever

I wasn't spoiled exactly what happened, but I was spoiled by website-news article suggestions with clickbaity titles like "THE SHOCKING TWIST AT THE END OF THE RED WEDDING" at the top of my news feed. so I knew to expect SOMETHING big and shocking.

like c'mooooooon

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Cersei is on the throne as the widow of Robert. Baratheons still hold the throne in that sense.

Makes me wonder what happens to houses when everyone in them dies. Like what the hell is going on in Dorne right now? Are a bunch of smaller houses fighting to be the top dogs? Are all the women Freys now ruling? There's no story relevance in showing us that but it'd be cool to know in a lore video or something.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
She declared herself Queen, in a King kind of way, so I don't think Baratheon means anything anymore.

She's not even calling herself Baratheon, though, I still find it odd that the Stag shows up in the intro. By all the accounts it's a Lannister on the throne, she has even replaced the seven pointed star with a lion.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Cersei is on the throne as the widow of Robert. Baratheons still hold the throne in that sense.

Eh, she crowned herself as Cersei Lannister, and the only place in King's Landing where a Baratheon Sigil is shown instead of the Lannister Lion is in the intro lol. Even Cersei's room has lion cuts outs as frames.

Smiley90

But why would it show up? The Baratheons are all dead/have no relevance.

But there's no Baratheon characters in the show and we're too close to the end to introduce anyone.

Gendry.... Kinda

I'm mostly curious about what happened to the Keep. Who holds it? It's supposed to be this very impressive castle, gotta do SOMETHING with it.

Maybe that's where Bronn will end up!

also we never saw Stannis' body!!!!!!!!

... yeah

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
My observation: If Jon Snow hadn't been resurrected, Littlefinger would have been one death away from being crowned King.

so between all the quality of writing, pace, teleportation etc arguments at least we can all agree on the fact that having only 7 episodes (per season) for the last two seasons was stupid right?

Volimar

I wonder if Lysa was the first person that LF ever killed himself.

so between all the quality of writing, pace, teleportation etc arguments at least we can all agree on the fact that having only 7 episodes for the last two was stupid right?

Actually...

Only 6 next year.

Or the year after...

Whenever they get to it.

so between all the quality of writing, pace, teleportation etc arguments at least we can all agree on the fact that having only 7 episodes (per season) for the last two seasons was stupid right?

I made a post why 7 episodes this year is going to be the main problem this year, but yeah I fully agree.

I don't want to believe D&D for some reason couldn't find enough to write about (that's ridiculous) and neither do I want to believe that HBO wouldn't pay for three more episodes this year, especially as they keep breaking viewing records.

5 & 6 were already jumping around quite a bit and could have done with a few more scenes, but this season is something else.

I made a post why 7 episodes this year is going to be the main problem this year, but yeah I fully agree.

I don't want to believe D&D for some reason couldn't find enough to write about (that's ridiculous) and neither do I want to believe that HBO wouldn't pay for three more episodes this year, especially as they keep breaking viewing records.

5 & 6 were already jumping around quite a bit and could have done with a few more scenes, but this season is something else.

Its probably due to the raises the main cast got. They are paid per episode, and probably the only way to maintain the cgi quality is to cut down the amount of episodes. HBO is notoriously cheap, so even though they are spending money on the show they have their limits.

Jamie is a useful idiot type, I can't see the character going any other direction, I think he'll end up realizing he's just a pawn when she asks him to do something horrible and he will have to chose to either assume his dedication to her or "quit".
well he's taking too fucking long to quit. he starts doing some nice things in the middle of the story...going back to save Brienne. Then sending Brienne to save the Stark daughters instead of kill them. Then freeing Tyrion.

After that he's just gone straight back to fuckboy Jaime, though. Getting all defensive at prisoner Edmure Tully. Then, getting back to King's Landing and barely having a reaction to Cersei burning the Queen & hundreds of innocent people alive, barely having a reaction to Cersei being responsible for Tommen's death. Then, calling Olenna a traitor for siding with Dany, when ignoring the fact that Cersei betrayed and killed the Queen and usurped the throne for herself.

fuckin fuckboy Jaime. I'm sure there is a redemption coming for him soon but he really is taking way too fucking long to flip.
I'm not obsessed with Jorah lol.
That's right, you're not. You're obsessed with Jon x Dany.

just like me ;)

Their not looking to kill White Walkers, but they were loading the boxes of dragon glass into the boats.

D & D better not pull some bullshit of Euro hunting down those boats and sinking it. 2 episodeds remaining and I'm just about done with Eron getting more involved in the story.

Is Sam even aware for Raggers existence? I don't remember a point in time where he really cared about who Jons true father was.

Also if Jon gets to pick who his kings guards are it would probably the top 4 dudes who went with him beyond the wall.

Jorah, Hound, Thormund and Gendry..
jesus that's a GOAT team 🐐 desrving of banderas right there.
banderas.png

D & D better not pull some bullshit of Euro hunting down those boats and sinking it. 2 episodeds remaining and I'm just about done with Eron getting more involved in the story.

Is Sam even aware for Raggers existence? I don't remember a point in time where he really cared about who Jons true father was.

perhaps not, but for the maesters who play the roles of historians, it is very vital information that the last Targaryen prince got divorced and married again. It's vital either way.

Top Bottom