• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Custom Steam icons for Grid View

Whogie

Ot8Fo.png

Heh, mister Artistdude pointed out that i missed some in this thread. I was able to find the first one, thanks for the other two. :)

While I'm in the mood...

None of these games have much in the way of art available, so...

Digital: A Love Story:
9j869.jpg
jfxo7.jpg
y5AmP.jpg
evsKM.jpg

Stealth Bastard: Tactical Espionage Arsehole:
KTdRG.jpg
779qK.jpg
Z2tGu.jpg
LGnx7.jpg
jgTMa.jpg
Vmn80.jpg

Spelunky:
ojVV1.jpg
yz24d.jpg
k3GSe.jpg
BLLAD.jpg

Vertex Dispenser: Boss Fight
cL8Lq.jpg

Vertex Vortex:
uYMGc.jpg

Bullet Candy Perfect:
MWE5W.jpg

The Last Scenario:
eL1c7.jpg

Irukandji:
dKzjo.jpg

Knytt Stories:
wlnPW.jpg

Super Crossfire:
ORkaw.jpg
31UxE.jpg

The Wager:
Fua53.jpg

Gateways:
WFKLW.jpg

Trilby: The Art of Theft
SSZtn.jpg

Trilby's Notes
Pi1c4.jpg

Trilby: 5 Days a Stranger
vktfQ.jpg

Trilby: 6 Days a Sacrifice
mzXAZ.jpg

Trilby: 7 Days a Skeptic
ZHehh.jpg

I think that will do it for now. I hope they'll be of use to someone.

And thanks to everyone in here that's been making custom images. It's really appreciated :)

I made my own custom ones for pST and IWD. I only resized some of the wallpapers that came with the GoG versions in Paint so the proportions might be iffy. However if someone likes them, feel free to use.
pstnxjtb.png

iwdbsms4.png

zkylon

zkylewd
I haven't been able to find a banner for The Secret World yet, could someone please link it or make one? Thanks!
Here ya go:
ibdSZtHsI5kTda.PNG

I don't really like using white backgrounds but it was the only usable artwork I could find.

For searching's benefit: The Secret World

Cipherr

FUUUUU I just spent like 10 minutes looking for the option so I could add a D3 icon because I didnt read the OP about the beta :D

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
FUUUUU I just spent like 10 minutes looking for the option so I could add a D3 icon because I didnt read the OP about the beta :D
You don't need to be in the beta as of last week. It was added on the 18th to the regular client.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Not for me lol. My beta participation has "none currently available"

:(
Mine says the same thing. Also,

18 Jun 2012
Steam client update released

A Steam client update is now available. To apply the update, click the Steam menu inside of Steam and then select "Check for Steam Client Updates...". The specific changes include:

- Added warning message for users on XP SP1 or lower, support will be dropped August 31th 2012.
- Grid view now supports applying custom images to games and shortcuts, via the grid item’s context menu
- Fixed a bug where if you were disconnected from Steam, then reconnected, any tabbed chats would paint wrong until you changed tabs
- Fixed clearing login information in case “Don’t save account credentials on this computer” is checked
- Fixed HTTP proxy related download issue
- Fixed client crash related to game stats system
- Fixed button to remove completed downloads
- Fixed html control not drawing if Steam wasn't the foreground application
- Fixed html control being blank for a while on steam startup for some users
- Fixed Steam Cloud download errors in some situations
http://store.steampowered.com/news/?feed=steam_client

Are you sure your client is up to date?

BosSin

I think that Origin grid icon is hilarious

EDIT: Also, I found this Minecraft icon online and thought it could be added to the list

k70ww.png

Pro

I've been slowly trying to find icons for my N64 and Super NES games but since I don't have Photoshop, it's difficult to find/create nice high quality ones like the ones found here. So going back a ways, I'd like to ask for some of the greats from the SNES and N64 eras:

1. A Link to the Past
2. Super Mario RPG
3. Super Metroid
4. Donkey Kong Country
5. Donkey Kong Country 2
6. Donkey Kong Country 3
7. Super Mario World
8. Super Mario 64
9. Ocarina of Time
10. Majora's Mask

That's a good start if anyone feels up to working on some SNES and N64 icons. I'm thinking of getting Photoshop to do some myself, unless there is a better software alternative.

haikira

Hey. Noticed AVP was today's daily on steam. Was hoping to make a couple, for each of the races in the game. But couldn't find many good images of just the Alien or Humans from the game.

Alien VS Predator
86548024.png
scaled.php

haikira

Here you go Pro. None of them are too great, but at least they can do until better ones get posted. I'll update the post later tonight probably, and fill the blanks.

1. A Link to the Past
alinktothepast1.png

alinktothepast2.png

3. Super Metroid
supermetroid.png

9. Ocarina of Time
oot.png

oot2.png

10. Majora's Mask
majorasmask1.png

majorasmask2.png

majorasmask3.png

Pro

Here you go Pro. None of them are too great, but at least they can do until better ones get posted. I'll update the post later tonight probably, and fill the blanks.]

Ah thank you so much. I especially like the first two Majora's Mask icons. I use MS Visio a lot at work and quickly figured out how to make transparent backgrounds on game logo jpegs to put on top of pics. So I should be contributing a few in the coming weeks here. Thanks again.

Pro

OK here are some first attempts. Can't believe how much I've gotten into this. Some custom made...some admittedly just taken from the web and resized.

e5PqV.png
ipZyC.jpg

XXmJk.jpg
xJ93X.jpg

DDkU6.jpg
oggNM.jpg

70Ith.jpg
9fEI4.jpg

ngaq8.jpg
vVioT.jpg

FPM1W.jpg
4HZAp.jpg

zkylon

zkylewd
Since The Void is one of my favorite games in recent memory, I'm trying to get myself to finally play Pathologic. First step: Steam grid icons :D

iCUnwTz6nxZyx.png
i3ePN4cmv2Bk4.png

ibmiNg4And2D3N.png
isQBKRkzJYa6m.png

(yeah it's a grim, disturbing game alright)

For searching's benefit: Pathologic

Top Bottom