• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Custom Steam icons for Grid View

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I love seeing people using my icons but it makes me sad that foomfoom415 isn't using my Scoregasm one. I like mine so much more than the original because you can actually see the detail inside the heart.

I also like both of my Portal 2 ones better than the original.

Le-mo

So I joined the beta, restarted steam and went to my library grid view right click on the game and don't see "Set Custom Image."

I love seeing people using my icons but it makes me sad that foomfoom415 isn't using my Scoregasm one. I like mine so much more than the original because you can actually see the detail inside the heart.

I also like both of my Portal 2 ones better than the original.

I must have missed it! I'm not attached to the default Scoregasm icon by any means so I'd definitely be interested in yours if you point me to it. Portal 2 as well.

Edit: Found and employed! Thanks! I do like these better.

Lime

Sam & Max: Hit the Road

samnmaxynjx6.png

Ground Control

gcemj64.png

XIII

xiiiinckiv.png

Total Annihilation

ta2jnkum.png

tab4ky2.png

Sacrifice

sacrific1w83s.png

Outcast

outcastlemuc.png

Haunted

This is a fantastic thread. Main reason why I didn't use grid view: gone.

Good stuff all around.

Will look into making some of my own for emulators (NES/SNES/Genesis/SCUMM/PS1) and EA games (Mass Effect/FIFA).

louiedog

I skimmed the thread and used the search but found nothing for ScummVM or The Journey Down. The latter didn't surprise me much, but the ScummVM did. Is there one available somewhere that just hasn't been posted in the thread?

Haunted

I skimmed the thread and used the search but found nothing for ScummVM or The Journey Down. The latter didn't surprise me much, but the ScummVM did. Is there one available somewhere that just hasn't been posted in the thread?
From the Steam forums:

aYZho.png

Some I just made and didn't see elsewhere:

Canabalt
ixenE.jpg

Dong Dong Never Die
cRYN0.jpg

Need for Speed: The Run
UCPpm.jpg

UEFA Euro 2012 (FIFA 12 DLC)
pUJEZ.jpg

Voxatron (kinda assy)
Ezp1b.jpg

Fuzzy

Will look into making some of my own for emulators (NES/SNES/Genesis/SCUMM/PS1) and EA games (Mass Effect/FIFA).
I've been thinking of ideas for different emulators and I thought something like this could look good.

Nintendo Entertainment System (NES)
aOvWx.png

Haunted

I've been thinking of ideas for different emulators and I thought something like this could look good.

aOvWx.png
I think that looks absolutely excellent. Looking forward to what people can come up with for SNES and PS1 emulators. :p

I made one for my Genesis emulator similar to the SCUMM one from before.

HeD3d.jpg

Fuzzy

I love the Nintendon't jab in there. :lol

I made another NES one from a piece of art I saw but this one is more abstract.

0nJqT.png

Oh yeah, I made a simple PS1 one before that I forgot to post.

PlayStation (PS1)
CdHiH.png

Le-mo

If you're saying you followed the instructions in the OP and it didn't work then I have no idea.

Made a couple more for Nintendo.

NES
z7Irn.png

SNES
6Ng9J.png

I was in listed view the whole time that's why it didn't work haha. I feel so stupid.

Haunted

Why is this in community in the first place?

It should be more visible (so we get more people participating) for at least the first month or so, then as new games come out and "only" periodical updates are needed it can go back to community.

Or something.

Loxley

Why is this in community in the first place?

It should be more visible (so we get more people participating) for at least the first month or so, then as new games come out and "only" periodical updates are needed it can go back to community.

Or something.

I agree, this thread fits into the same category as the "alternate Box-art" thread that's on the gaming side, so I feel like this should be over there as well.

RedSwirl

Shit. These kinds of threads are like gasoline for me, and it's Friday night too. Let's roll.

Edit: I'm gonna need the official Steam grid images for the following games:

Crysis
ArmA 2
Battlefield Bad Company 2
Bulletstorm
Age of Empires III: Complete Collection
Call of Duty 2
Call of Duty 4
Dragon Age II (before it disappeared from Steam)
Penumbra Overture
Penumbra Black Plague
Penumbra Requiem
Thief: The Dark Project
Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines

Haunted

Shit. These kinds of threads are like gasoline for me, and it's Friday night too. Let's roll.

Edit: I'm gonna need the official Steam grid images for the following games:

Crysis
ArmA 2
Battlefield Bad Company 2
Bulletstorm
Age of Empires III: Complete Collection
Call of Duty 2
Call of Duty 4
Dragon Age II (before it disappeared from Steam)
Penumbra Overture
Penumbra Black Plague
Penumbra Requiem
Thief: The Dark Project
Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines
Crysis 2: http://store.steampowered.com/recommended/morelike/app/108800/

Replace the # at the end of the URL (in Crysis 2 case 108800) with the number of the game you want the image from. To get these numbers, simply search and go on the games pages on Steam - the number is displayed in the URL. :) (ArmA II is 33900 for example).

Fuzzy

I can't believe the only one left in my library is one for the SNES (emulator). Even Minesweeper and the built in Windows Chess are covered now. :lol
You didn't like my SNES controller one? :(

Crysis 2: http://store.steampowered.com/recommended/morelike/app/108800/

Replace the # at the end of the URL (in Crysis 2 case 108800) with the number of the game you want the image from. To get these numbers, simply search and go on the games pages on Steam - the number is displayed in the URL. :) (ArmA II is 33900 for example).
Don't use that url, use the following because some games won't show up with that one such as Penumbra: Requiem.

http://cdn.steampowered.com/v/gfx/apps/22140/header.jpg

To get the Steam ID number of games without a page in the store you'll have to find someone with it in their Steam library and get it that way.

Fuzzy

I also saw a couple with an image search of 460x215 images.

Blacklight Retribution
ThUcN.png
yyy3k.png

I also quickly made this.

Wild Metal Country
29E2h.png

As far as the Back to the Future episodes I can't find good logos for each of the episodes. Here's a test I did for episode 3 but it doesn't say "Episode 3: Citizen Brown" like I want it to.

VObNo.png

haikira

Just had all my Non-Steam games, in my library, vanish when I logged in today. Happened to anyone else, while being in this beta?

EDIT: Also RedSwirl. Don't know if you've already got all the images, you needed. But just search the games in Google images, with image size set to exactly Width = 460px and Height = 215px. You'll get the official images.

Randy

Just had all my Non-Steam games, in my library, vanish when I logged in today. Happened to anyone else, while being in this beta?

EDIT: Also RedSwirl. Don't know if you've already got all the images, you needed. But just search the games in Google images, with image size set to exactly Width = 460px and Height = 215px. You'll get the official images.

Yep, got that too. Think I'm just gonna wait for a non-beta release (or Comfy Couch...).

Haunted

You didn't like my SNES controller one? :(
Blame my OCD, but that one doesn't fit with the rest of the emulator ones I have which are more in the style of "logo in front, collection of games/boxarts in back".

:D

I tried making some myself but didn't like how both of them turned out.

Yep, got that too. Think I'm just gonna wait for a non-beta release.
That's a common glitch with Steam, doesn't have anything to do with the beta. If anything, it's a bummer that the bug still persists in the beta as well. :/

The only way to circumvent this as of now is to make a backup of the file "shortcuts.vdf" in your "[...]\Steam\userdata\[user ID]\config" folder.

Fuzzy

Blame my OCD, but that one doesn't fit with the rest of the emulator ones I have which are more in the style of "logo in front, collection of games/boxarts in back".

:D

I tried making some myself but didn't like how both of them turned out.
Like this?

Super Nintendo (SNES)
uZgqg.png

Bebpo

Banned
I also saw a couple with an image search of 460x215 images.

As far as the Back to the Future episodes I can't find good logos for each of the episodes. Here's a test I did for episode 3 but it doesn't say "Episode 3: Citizen Brown" like I want it to.

VObNo.png

That's good enough.

Top Bottom