• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

J0dy77

Pretty much all things that come from the rare egg machine are good, even if they're 3 star monsters. They're evolved versions are usually very powerful. When you see people posting 5* drops from the rare egg machine, that doesn't always mean it's better. For example, all the Mystic Knights are 3*, and are extremely powerful in their final forms. All of the 3 sisters (Succubus, Naga, Mermaid) come from the rare machine in 3* forms. Same thing with Dryad and Cupid, which are good healers.

Basically, what I'm saying is, virtually anything that comes from the rare egg machine is good and you don't need the gods to progress.

Agreed. But i've even had the bad luck of getting the same rare on the same device (2 Mystic light Knights). When you're lower level the egg pulls are few and far between and very hard to level. And my last 2 pulls from the egg machine have been Shardra and Venus (nothing amazing).

I still love the game and will use my stamina constantly. When I do finally get a rare drop I'll love it even more because it's such a rare event. I just want some satisfaction dammit!!! I'll quit my whining now (as long as Xelios promises to never take his Ammy away). :)

Jinko

didn't I read that healers can come from pal pulls ?

I have also yet to get a boss drop anything outside weekly dungeons.

I wouldn't call two mystic light knights bad luck, they are very handy when fully evolved/skilled up.

ParityBit

I wouldn't call two mystic light knights bad luck, they are very handy when fully evolved/skilled up.

Yes, I have gotten a mermaid. I think that's how I got mine actually (on my iPad)

My only rare pull on my Droid was a Marine Rider. :( Could have been better!

J0dy77

Oh definitely not bad luck, just don't really need two of them.

Wish my luck with the pal machine would carry over to the rare gacha; I've gotten Naga, Vampire, and Titan from it.

You're making me want to waste my stock piled PAL pulls for some hopes of better luck.

Quick question regarding the little dragons. They've been mentioned as being part of some sort of gimmick team. Is it best to keep them at their lowest lvl / non evo'd?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I need more healers on my friends list, my dryad just isn't keeping up well enough.

Anyone have room? :(

Dryad evolves into Mandrake which evolves into Alraune, one of the best healers in the game. Problem solved.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Quick question regarding the little dragons. They've been mentioned as being part of some sort of gimmick team. Is it best to keep them at their lowest lvl / non evo'd?

No, the Lil' Dragons evolve into super awesome dragons to make up a super powerful ripper team. Every 15 turns, their 4th evo unleashes an attack that does 20k damage. A team full of them with a solid partner leader makes some of the harder dungeons REALLY easy since you can spend time charging their skills in round 1 and unleash each ripper one round at a time.

Thanks again, nicoga. Man, I'm having a hard time focusing on what kind of team to build for the long run. I think short term, I'm gonna concentrate on getting my siren to 5*. I hope the sapphire dungeon is kind to me today.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Anyone have an opinion/advice on Minerva's final/busty evolution?

50% Fire and Light damage reduction
50% Fire and Dark damage reduction

Which would be most useful?

Oh you cheeky bastard. You just don't want to let me have something you don't, do you :)

lol. If it makes you feel better I had to use $20 worth of eggs just to get her.

I still don't have Green Odin, Neptune or Hades, all of which I really want. :(

lol. If it makes you feel better I had to use $20 worth of eggs just to get her.

I still don't have Green Odin, Neptune or Hades, all of which I really want. :(

Yea same here. Just FYI, I think Green (and Blue) Odin only drop during special events. It's not even in the machine right now.

BTW, I think I'm going Dark on Minerva .

Trojan X

Banned
Guys and girls. I'm curious. Why do you like this game so much? I would love to hear your full thoughts to whyt this game is pulling you in.

ParityBit

I was able to make 4 emerald Pengdra's on my iPad account. I also have 1 sapphire, 4 emerald, 3 gold dragon kings.

Dunno what to do with them at the moment.

cackhyena

Guys and girls. I'm curious. Why do you like this game so much? I would love to hear your full thoughts to whyt this game is pulling you in.

The addiction of finding and/or leveling up to the better monster. Nice art style, free, match 3 that's less rigid than most. Plenty of reasons, I guess.

Victrix

*beard*

It's the best implementation of match 3 puzzle gameplay I've seen (controlling matches and storing/using orbs is almost entirely in your hands)

It has long term rpg elements mixed in, the stamina system simply serves to pace out your playtime - I guess people who spend a shitload of money on it use stones on stamina, but I see no need to do so

It's mobile pokemon

It's fun

Oh, and despite having a voracious appetite for its users money, if you're picky with your starting rolls you can 'clear' all the content in the game without spending a dime, or you can spend very little to speed things up (buying box space).

blackflag

You're making me want to waste my stock piled PAL pulls for some hopes of better luck.

you should probably do that anyway. They occasionally have events where they give out rare evo materials. I'm saving all mine up. Last time I got several keepers including rainbow.

ParityBit

you should probably do that anyway. They occasionally have events where they give out rare evo materials. I'm saving all mine up. Last time I got several keepers including rainbow.

I am starting to do this now. I never get anything but slime's from the PAL anyways.

I did just get another sapphire king dragon though! These dragons are starting to take up my whole pet box

Do technical Dungeons ever have drop or coin increases or Stamina decreases?

Also ADK x ADK 6.25 is insane!! of course Recovery suffers, so it makes matches hearts very important, but the damage thourough put is crazy.

I ran that with just Aldebaran as a helper in the ice technical dungeon (just because) steamrolled it.

Wish there was a resource that would outline which ranks give you which benefits. Especially since I heard about the bonus increases.

blackflag

Ouch
King emerald dragon, 2x high emerald dragons, 2x evolved pengdras only got my Siren the Enchantress from 44 to 50.

Need that 2x or 1.5 at least.

Protip for those new to technical dungeons:

When you see a divine mask, do NOT think "I wonder how much that hits for..."

So much for that 10 stamina...

Protip for those new to technical dungeons:

When you see a divine mask, do NOT think "I wonder how much that hits for..."

So much for that 10 stamina...

Yea, when it says "STRONG!" it's not kidding.

Also ADK x ADK 6.25 is insane!! of course Recovery suffers, so it makes matches hearts very important, but the damage thourough put is crazy.
I like to pair up ADK with Phoenix Knight Homura. Really good combination, as long as there's nothing that can one shot you

When the divine mask appears on the screen, a little bubble appears over his head that says "STRONG!". It doesn't happen every time, so not exactly sure what the conditions are for the bubble to appear.

Interesting. Yeah, definitely didn't happen my one encounter with one. I did see the "Waiting for (something or other)" from the Pengdra.

Mashing

Strong usually indicates they can OHKO. Although, I've been hit by strong monsters and left with very little health (no resolve leader or dmg reduction either--it's possible I had some, I was left with about 200 health).

Just completed Oceanus Falls. Looks like this is, thus far, the best place to farm Mermaids in the normal dungeons. The second to last floor has Siren bosses in the last 2 rounds. I think I'll start farming this level for Mermaids because the dungeon also drops a ton of Marine Goblins, perfect for leveling up Siren's skill once you do get her. I got like 10 Marine goblins just by completing the dungeon.

Just completed Oceanus Falls. Looks like this is, thus far, the best place to farm Mermaids in the normal dungeons. The second to last floor has Siren bosses in the last 2 rounds. I think I'll start farming this level for Mermaids because the dungeon also drops a ton of Marine Goblins, perfect for leveling up Siren's skill once you do get her. I got like 10 Marine goblins just by completing the dungeon.

How much harder is it than Tomb of the Saint - Expert? I'm working my way through this dungeon and it's difficult but do-able with a strong healer. If Oceanus Falls is a steep jump in difficulty then i'll probably have to wait a while

How much harder is it than Tomb of the Saint - Expert? I'm working my way through this dungeon and it's difficult but do-able with a strong healer. If Oceanus Falls is a steep jump in difficulty then i'll probably have to wait a while
I'm actually having an easier time, but I run a Green/Dark all-Dragon team with dual ADK leaders. It's a water dungeon, so I breeze right through it. The only enemies I need to be a little careful with are the 2 Flame Knights that accompany the Siren on the 6th round. Also, a Blue Divine Mask is a rare mob that I haven't run into yet. King Metal Dragon is also a rare mob that I haven't seen yet either.

I'm actually having an easier time, but I run a Green/Dark all-Dragon team with dual ADK leaders. It's a water dungeon, so I breeze right through it. The only enemies I need to be a little careful with are the 2 Flame Knights that accompany the Siren on the 6th round. Also, a Blue Divine Mask is a rare mob that I haven't run into yet. King Metal Dragon is also a rare mob that I haven't seen yet either.

Alright I guess i'll keep pushing forward then. I'll have an ADK tomorrow after Friday dungeon, so I need to run Fertile land enough times to get 8 more Pengdras and I should be able to get him to about Lv. 45-50ish by dumping 10 of those into him (collected 10 dragon plants from Thursday dungeon in preparation).

So hopefully that'll get me through. Unfortunately I don't have any green dragons (actually I have a Toytops, but still completely un-evolved), so best I can do is a couple dark dragons, but still should be pretty strong I guess.

TimeKillr

I love Xelios, but I`m like rank 29, so he very rarely shows up :(

At least I have a dude from SA that has a pretty good Ammy and he's running with a black crazy vampire that works well with my team since I got lucky early on and got a Myth Dublit or something.. that on my team added 1000 life + a ton of dark damage which really helps.

Right now I'm leveling a green dragon slowly but surely. I wonder what it's gonna be like later on.

ParityBit

So I am farming these plants so that I have plenty to evolve the pens, but what are the lits and dublits in tomorrows dungeon? And what are those ones for?

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Well I thought I did an Oopsy but accidentally leaving my 94 ADK up for a few hours after dragon farming instead of switching back to Ammy, logged back on "You have helped 25 friends" O_O

Okayyyy

Smiley90

SWEEET. I levelled some pengdras, had 230k exp in a single power-up fusion for my Siren... who was at level 26... got 1.5x EXP bonus HELLZ YEAH. Jumped straight to level 66, 4 levels away from evolving, first time I got the bonus exp on a "big" power-up fusion. So happy right now.

Well I thought I did an Oopsy but accidentally leaving my 94 ADK up for a few hours after dragon farming instead of switching back to Ammy, logged back on "You have helped 25 friends" O_O

Okayyyy

I think a lot of people used him to steamroll sapphire dragons, they're blue after all ;)

Okayyyy

Ifrit + Salamander + Agdrall + Agdrall + Brachy (because I'm out of red) + ADK = easy peasy green technical farming.

KuroNeeko

Thinking I'm going to pass on the Flame Dragon of the Sky. I'm running it on the middle difficulty (上級) and have the run down to about 15-20 minutes. Thing is I can't get the last dragon to drop after about 7 runs or so. Looking at his stats though, he doesn't have an evolution (yet) and I can get everything he has via my Ifriit. I can't really see having two fire, dragon nukers especially with El Dorado's 40 cost!

I'll probably go back to running Technical / Normal dungeons and just level up what I have until I can clear it next time it comes along at Master (hardest) difficulty. :/

I now have 5 starter red dragons junking up my Monster Box though (Tyrans). Can't bring myself to sac them though. :/

Smiley90

We'll get the new rare egg offer tonight, right?

Please let it be sth gooooooood.

KuroNeeko

You got me excited for a minute :(

Sorry;D

I hope you guys get a piece of the 7,000,000 DL celebration event starting today. We're getting 1 magic gem free / day, increased skill up chances, increased drop rates on some dungeons, extra (but crappy) special dungeons, and OUR PRESENTS RESET! Not quite sure how they'll reset, like if we'll get to send a new present to someone else or if they'll just let everyone who has received a present get an extra pull , or what. That comes on Monday, so we'll see.

Yes!

2 things:

1. I have just really discovered the whole manipulation of gems for multiple combos, and it's amazing.

2. My gf landed a Vampire somehow, maybe from Pal machine (she's freaking addicted, we play together all the time :lol) is he any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom