• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mashing

Sorry;D

I hope you guys get a piece of the 7,000,000 DL celebration event starting today. We're getting 1 magic gem free / day, increased skill up chances, increased drop rates on some dungeons, extra (but crappy) special dungeons, and OUR PRESENTS RESET! Not quite sure how they'll reset, like if we'll get to send a new present to someone else or if they'll just let everyone who has received a present get an extra pull , or what. That comes on Monday, so we'll see.

Yes!

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit..... 7 million downloads. Pretty popular game over there huh?

Well I thought I did an Oopsy but accidentally leaving my 94 ADK up for a few hours after dragon farming instead of switching back to Ammy, logged back on "You have helped 25 friends" O_O

Okayyyy
Do you have a lot of ADKs in your friend list? That could explain it. ADK users probably use other ADKs a majority of the time. I know I do. Even people without ADKs can use them, since Dragons are pretty common. Your Ami is great for the occasional dungeon that she's needed. But 95% of the time, I'd rather have an ADK helper to brute force my way through most dungeons. Judging by the team you posted earlier, I'm guessing you use ADK helpers the majority of the time, too, and only switch out for specialized helpers to tackle difficult dungeons.

Jesus, this game. I have never really played anything like it - never got into Pokemon. The puzzle game combat is awesome (much deeper than just match 3) and the team building and loot/evo mechanics are really well done. I spent some money early on (maybe 5 bucks) but didn't really need to and haven't spent a dime since. I'm still way early in the game judging by the kinds of teams you guys have and haven't done a lot of egg machine pulls so I have a lot to look forward to. I didn't read anything about this game and all the mechanics are totally new to me so it took a while just to figure out how it all works. Now that I'm working towards goals it's even more satisfying. Such a great game.

Glad to hear evo-ing my lil black dragon was not a bad idea. He looked so small and harmless I almost fed him to my vampire.

My red squad has a Phoenix Knight, Flame Guardian, and Titan. Flame Guardian seems kind of garbagey for a level 30 rare monster. Should I hang on to him? How about the other two? The Phoenix Knight/Titan double orb shift (blue to red, health to red) is so satisfying after saving up for it on a boss, especially with a 2X red attack helper...

So if I'm loving this game, should I give Pokemon a shot? Wait for X/Y or just get White/Black 2?

Victrix

*beard*
White/Black or W/B2, yes. I'd be surprised if you don't enjoy them, Pokemon is a kids game hiding a deeply excellent mechanical system underneath it. Plus they're cute :3

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Do you have a lot of ADKs in your friend list? That could explain it. ADK users probably use other ADKs a majority of the time. I know I do. Even people without ADKs can use them, since Dragons are pretty common. Your Ami is great for the occasional dungeon that she's needed. But 95% of the time, I'd rather have an ADK helper to brute force my way through most dungeons. Judging by the team you posted earlier, I'm guessing you use ADK helpers the majority of the time, too, and only switch out for specialized helpers to tackle difficult dungeons.

Yeah I have at least a dozen ADKs in my list for obvious reasons. I just tear through a lot of things/farming with ADK + ADK, so useful. I guess they use me as well. Just used pretty much all of them to tear through the sapphire dragons again.

Have a Fenrir Knight and Siren waiting to evolve to 5* tomorrow, along with a few other surprises I'll post when I evolve them! :)

My gf landed a Vampire somehow, maybe from Pal machine (she's freaking addicted, we play together all the time :lol) is he any good?

Vampire is great early on, and once evolved into Vampire Lord (which isn't TOO hard).

xCobalt

Anyone have a decently leveled Meteor Volcano Dragon or Flare Drall? Mostly need it for their ability but good stats definitely won't hurt. Gonna make another attempt at legendary flame mech dragon either tomorrow or Saturday.

If you mean their leader skill (since they have wildly different active skills but the same leader skill I assume you just want Fire damage reduction) you can use my Minerva. Lv. 50, and I'm going to evolve her into a War Deity Minerva whenever freakin midnight rolls around so I can get my Emelit from the friday dungeon. Post your code and i'll add you

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Anyone have a decently leveled Meteor Volcano Dragon or Flare Drall? Mostly need it for their ability but good stats definitely won't hurt. Gonna make another attempt at legendary flame mech dragon either tomorrow or Saturday.

Next time the ruby dungeon comes around, sorry. :(

They're only level 26 and 30 respectively, was focusing on Shiva and Phoenix Knight this last round. Good luck though! Which would you rather have btw? Volcano has MUCH higher attack, but the wood > heal orbs of Drall can be quite useful as well.

xCobalt

If you mean their leader skill you can use my Minerva. Lv. 50, and I'm going to evolve her into a War Deity Minerva whenever freakin midnight rolls around so I can get my Emelit from the friday dungeon. Post your code and i'll add you

It's 356 137 283

Next time the ruby dungeon comes around, sorry. :(

They're only level 26 and 30 respectively, was focusing on Shiva and Phoenix Knight this last round. Good luck though! Which would you rather have btw? Volcano has MUCH higher attack, but the wood > heal orbs of Drall can be quite useful as well.

Those levels might be enough. I'd probably go with the Drall since it'll increase my survivability in the dungeon. Got my ice mech dragon to a decent level after feeding it a bunch of pengdras so I'm not too concerned about my offense.

It's 356 137 283

Those levels might be enough. I'd probably go with the Drall since it'll increase my survivability in the dungeon. Got my ice mech dragon to a decent level after feeding it a bunch of pengdras so I'm not too concerned about my offense.

I added you. My name has @pg on it, don't be confused that it's not @gaf

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
New Rare Egg gacha is water! I'm surprised Neptune isn't part of that increased hit rate though... :x

Natiko

Banned
I'm still kind of terrible at this game. I was hoping for some recommendations on what to go for from the rare egg gacha (at least as far as a few specific monsters or even just elements). I don't really have any specific strategy with my team. I kind of just put whatever I think is my best monsters without using more than three colors.

I currently have (either on my team or put in the storage):
Dark Golem Mk.III (Lv. 43) [Dark]
Beast Rider (Lv. Max) [Water/Fire]
Firedragon Tyrannos (Lv. 18) [Fire]
Echidna (Lv. 29) [Fire]
Plesios (Lv. 22) [Water]
D'spinas (Lv. Max) [Dark]
Lilith (Lv. 26) [Dark]
Ivory Dragon (Lv. Max) [Light]
Vampire (Lv. Max) [Dark]
Mercury Light Carbuncle (Lv. 13) [Water]

Thanks in advance to anyone who is willing to give me some advice. I know this is more to parse through than just a simple question.

KuroNeeko

I'm still kind of terrible at this game. I was hoping for some recommendations on what to go for from the rare egg gacha (at least as far as a few specific monsters or even just elements). I don't really have any specific strategy with my team. I kind of just put whatever I think is my best monsters without using more than three colors.

I currently have (either on my team or put in the storage):
Dark Golem Mk.III (Lv. 43) [Dark]
Beast Rider (Lv. Max) [Water/Fire]
Firedragon Tyrannos (Lv. 18) [Fire]
Echidna (Lv. 29) [Fire]
Plesios (Lv. 22) [Water]
D'spinas (Lv. Max) [Dark]
Lilith (Lv. 26) [Dark]
Ivory Dragon (Lv. Max) [Light]
Vampire (Lv. Max) [Dark]
Mercury Light Carbuncle (Lv. 13) [Water]

Thanks in advance to anyone who is willing to give me some advice. I know this is more to parse through than just a simple question.

Well, the first thing that stands out to me is the quality of your Dark creatures. If you can evolve your Vampire into a Vampire Lord - you'll get an attack boost to all of your Dark creatures. Your Dspinas will give you the same bonus, but at a later evolution so it's worth taking a look. I'd probably splash in a little red for Echidna as well.

Maybe looking at Vampire Lord (or Dark Golem or Dspinas until V. Lord) then
Golem
D.Spinas
Echidna
(Utility)

Last slot can go to Lilith if you want more Dark or Poison, Tyrannos if you want more HP or a nuke.

Alternatively, you can swap out red and go blue using Plesios and your Carbuncle. I don't have any experience with Beast Rider so, I can't really advise you either way.

Just my take. You may want to think about Echidna / Lilith main because you seem to be short a dedicated healer, which, even if she's not in the Leader slot still contributes RCV to the party.

New Rare Egg gacha is water! I'm surprised Neptune isn't part of that increased hit rate though... :x

It says 18 water monster including ... So it doesnt list the other ones which also got increased hit rate. I was hoping for viper orochi or neptune. Had to pull about 7 times

5vtMWPl.jpg

Also got a Freyr and a Siren

raiot

Wow, managed to evolve my Siren and I now have a Fafnir... I wonder which ultimate evolution I should aim for... Maybe Dark?

ParityBit

Man, how do you guys get all these rares? I am still running with evolved starter/lil dragons because they gave them to me! I've never even seen a semi rare drop in anything I ran.

Quite discouraging

raiot

Man, how do you guys get all these rares? I am still running with evolved starter/lil dragons because they gave them to me! I've never even seen a semi rare drop in anything I ran.

Quite discouraging

The Siren was a real hard grind and the fafnir was evolved from a bad gadcha drop...

Owzers

What's the best strategy for today's dungeon ? Will a resolve team work ?

I ran through it with an orochi resolve alongside a lilith and my alarune healer. I barely had any dublits though so it was super easy with poison at round 5, only had one other dublit round.

ParityBit

The Siren was a real hard grind and the fafnir was evolved from a bad gadcha drop...

Maybe I just have crap-shit luck. My pulls from the PAL on both accounts is always a slime or carbuncle. I tried to farm a lil' blue at one time but did not have any luck. I am getting more time on my phone account (because I can run it at work), but I think starting with Amu was a bad idea. Shes really not good until you upgrade her, and that's no easy task at all.

thaOwner

I ran through it with an orochi resolve alongside a lilith and my alarune healer. I barely had any dublits though so it was super easy with poison at round 5, only had one other dublit round.

Can you please add me to your friends list. Seriously in need of an Orochi or an Enchida to get through expert in the Friday dungeon.

TimeKillr

So I pulled a Thor this morning in the rare machine (which is funny, because I really wanted a blue monster since I have no good blue ones)...

Is he actually useful? His skills are kinda weak at the moment, so I figure once I evolve him he might be a bit better, but I'm really unsure.

blackflag

Ugh couldn't resist, made a few pulls at the machine. Was really hoping for viper orochi but I guess I can't complain.

Amaterasu
Neptune
Echidna the Red Empress (already had 2x naga and a regular echidna. This is awesome though. Saves me time building great Valkyrie healer team. Fed the 2x naga hoping for skill up but no dice)
Another siren (I've heard 2x siren is good for some specific endgame stuff such as Hera so I'm ok with it)

Gonna be hell to level that Amaterasu so I can evolve it and for it to actually be useful.

What's the best strategy for today's dungeon ? Will a resolve team work ?

Resolve team with all the members of the same color.

In the first room, store 2x2 blocks of that color in the bottom corners, to make a easy 1x5 block. Also, charge powerups, if your creature have them.

I have a prepared green group for this.

Lead: Ogre with Resolve.
Group: Highlander (change heal to green)
Group: Lil' green dragon (few life and a 10 round hit all attack)
Group: Leaf chimera (few life and a 10 round hit all attack)
Friend: Alraune (regen heal each round)

The Alraune don't reach the safe zone of 70% of life in a round, but is still enough.

Is the same strategy as with the Wednesday Expert dungeon

Kosh

[US] Metal Dragon Schedule (15 Stamina) 1/25/2013 PST

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to (A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)

A: 10:00 15:00 20:00
B: 11:00 16:00 21:00
C: 12:00 17:00 22:00
D: 8:00 13:00 18:00
E: 9:00 14:00 19:00

garath

Not sure what's going on, but the last few days I've logged on, I haven't been able to use Xelios's healer :(

He shows up in my friend's list but I can't use him in any battles. Bug?

froliq

:lol Siren the Enchanter from the pull after I finally got a Mermaid drop. I knew this was going to happen. Oh well, I can focus leveling on my other monsters again.

J0dy77

At a cross roads need some advice. I have two accounts running on my iPhone and iPad. I play primarily on my phone and have an attachment to the team since I started it second and had a better understanding of the game and made sure to lvl everyone up. But my iPad has been the much luckier account. Wondering if I should just take the iPad save and copy it to the phone? Help me make the call.

iPhone:

Current team: Rainbow Keeper leader, 63 Devil dragon, Maxed D'spinas, Max Titan, Emerald Dub-Emelit

Bench highlights: Max Shardran, 31 Plesios, Max Tyran, Lil Red Dragon, Keeper of Water, Blue Dragon, Dragon Fruit, 28 toyceratops, Brachio, Venus, White dragon, Verche with a skill up

iPad:

Current team: Keeper of water leader, 40 devil dragon, Basilisk Maxed, Gigas 24, Verche

Bench highlights: Viper Orochi, Angel, Siren (if only i had these on my phone). Dragon fruit, 2x Mystic Stone knight (damn you rare machine), White Dragon, Green dragon, 25 Shardran

Just realizing that this might not even be possible? Can you share save files between devices? Or is it by account?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
:lol Siren the Enchanter from the pull after I finally got a Mermaid drop. I knew this was going to happen. Oh well, I can focus leveling on my other monsters again.

2 max level Siren the Enchanters is boss.

E: Not sure I want to pull on this set either. I'm not entirely sure what I want...A Neptune would be nice?

Radav

I just got my first taste of running an 6.25 ADK team. Most of my stuff is still pretty low level but I tried it out anyway. Wow that was pretty crazy. Out of curiosity what do your guys' teams look like? Do have a healer in there at all or do you just go 2 x ADK + a bunch of dragons and use the heal orbs to keep yourself alive?

Kosh

I made a few pulls hoping for a mermaid, siren, or neptune. Instead I get 2 mystic light knights, genie, and a shardra. Meh!

J0dy77

I made a few pulls hoping for a mermaid, siren, or neptune. Instead I get 2 mystic light knights, genie, and a shardra. Meh!

So I'm not the only one. I've gotten 2 shardras and 2 mystic light knights out of my last 6 pulls. They're definitely common from the rare pulls.

ParityBit

So I'm not the only one. I've gotten 2 shardras and 2 mystic light knights out of my last 6 pulls. They're definitely common from the rare pulls.

How do your guys/gals get so many pulls? Are you spending $$ on them?

I have take 3 rare pulls, currently have 7 gems and 100 boxes.

I also just got wiped on the 4th level of Fertile Land. I tried to run with Ammy as my leader, and my one green Odin friend as the other. I just couldn't heal fast enough.

Boken

Banned
Luckily thursday dungeon is today, so i put those 10 red pengdras to good use and maxed this girl out

Only waiting on tuesday to get 2 keeper of the flames and i can evolve her.

So as for ultimate evo: should i go light/fire or dark/fire?

Go dark for sure. Dark resist for hera, dark damage.... well minor's don't do that much damage. Zeus dungeon doesn't use resists but spike damage, I believe - so it doesn't matter either way.

Or just go for what looks cooler =p

When the divine mask appears on the screen, a little bubble appears over his head that says "STRONG!". It doesn't happen every time, so not exactly sure what the conditions are for the bubble to appear.
Strong happens every time - it just means they will either one shot you, or almost one shot you (I believe its DMG > ~95% maxHP)

blackflag

How do your guys/gals get so many pulls? Are you spending $$ on them?

I have take 3 rare pulls, currently have 7 gems and 100 boxes.

I also just got wiped on the 4th level of Fertile Land. I tried to run with Ammy as my leader, and my one green Odin friend as the other. I just couldn't heal fast enough.

Yeah I spent some money :( it's payday and I'm addicted.

Draxal

I just got my first taste of running an 6.25 ADK team. Most of my stuff is still pretty low level but I tried it out anyway. Wow that was pretty crazy. Out of curiosity what do your guys' teams look like? Do have a healer in there at all or do you just go 2 x ADK + a bunch of dragons and use the heal orbs to keep yourself alive?

Standard is 2 ADK's (lead/partner), one chaos dragon knight and one echidna (it's a great oh fuck, and it has good recovery stats). Fill in the rest with two green or black dragons.

ToxicAdam

I'm not even bothering with pulls. I have so many things I need to evolve/level up that I don't want to add MORE to that queue.

Instead I've been using stones on stamina refills for when the colored dragon dungeons are up.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
What is the book that is available in Japan? Just monster stats...?

No clue, but it looks awesome.

I think I'm at day 24 of my login bonus? This game has me more hooked than most games I own/have played, haha. I think part of it is because I can play it on the couch with my wife while she watches TV or plays on the iPad. But damn this game is fun.

Speaking of login bonus, are you supposed to get stones for it eventually?

raiot

No clue, but it looks awesome.

I think I'm at day 24 of my login bonus? This game has me more hooked than most games I own/have played, haha. I think part of it is because I can play it on the couch with my wife while she watches TV or plays on the iPad. But damn this game is fun.

Speaking of login bonus, are you supposed to get stones for it eventually?

Copied from www.puzzleanddragonsforum.com:

Cumulative-wise...
3 Stones for 10 Days
5 for 30 Days
5 for 60 days
10 for 100 days
5 for 150 days
10 for 200 days
5 for 250 days
10 for 300 days

thaOwner

Resolve team with all the members of the same color.

In the first room, store 2x2 blocks of that color in the bottom corners, to make a easy 1x5 block. Also, charge powerups, if your creature have them.

I have a prepared green group for this.

Lead: Ogre with Resolve.
Group: Highlander (change heal to green)
Group: Lil' green dragon (few life and a 10 round hit all attack)
Friend: Alraune (regen heal each round)

The Alraune don't reach the safe zone of 70% of life in a round, but is still enough.

Is the same strategy as with the Wednesday Expert dungeon

Thanks. I just successfully completed it. Had angel to heal, two blue sprites, mystic ice knight, succubus and Orochi. I was never in a pinch in any level. I appreciate the help guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom